The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

18 minutes ago, sam13371337 said:

the guy on the left, who seems to have a fetish for military camo really doesn't give you a bad feeling in your stomach?

psyco.jpg

Possibly but killer is a long way from weirdo....and I’m just saying it’s pic only.

I won’t get into it here on cdc......but let’s just say I’ve met a face before....

The two teens were headed to Whitehorse to look for work.  Who goes to Whitehorse to "look for work" unless they already had jobs lined up??

"The pair is believed to be driving a grey 2011 Toyota RAV-4 and was last seen in northern Saskatchewan."

5 minutes ago, DonLever said:

If captured alive and tried and convicted, the maximum sentence is 25 years, so they could be released as relatively young men, in their mid forties.

Not anymore. If they get convicted of first degree murder Canada no longer allows them to serve multiple life sentences concurrently. If they were charged with 3 counts of first degree murder and convicted on all charges they would have to serve 75 years before parole eligibility.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

Not anymore. If they get convicted of first degree murder Canada no longer allows them to serve multiple life sentences concurrently. If they were charged with 3 counts of first degree murder and convicted on all charges they would have to serve 75 years before parole eligibility.   

Plus there is dangerous offender status to keep people away forever. It doesn't get used enough though. My neighbor the serial rapist/killer got it....

• Wat 1

52 minutes ago, sam13371337 said:

something about those 2 missing teenagers looks was off putting to me for some reason...

always follow your gut people... if it tells you somethings off about someone,  its usually right. 

the schemegelsky guy screams "psyco"  

the other dude is your typical wierdo… very offputting.

Good ol' hindsight coming through again.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I hadn't heard about this. (although I agree with it) When did they make this change?

Just now, Squamfan said:

lol there was a serial killer lving in whistler?

This was in Campbell River...but yes Clifford Olsen was here at one point and did kill someone. 

I was 13 or 14...came home to dozens of cops in his and our yard and the window smashed to his living room. Nervous as can be I go in my house and find my mom making coffee and another 10 or so cops...  multiple boxes of donuts on the table..   They were using our house as their base to use our landline to communicate as to keep it off radio.  Turns out the neighbor had kidnapped and beat and raped a 16 year old girl over 3 days. On his way to work he told her he was done with her and going to kill her later. She broke out of a cupboard he had her locked in and jumped headfirst through the window while tied up and blindfolded. 

A passerby picked her up covered in cuts and blood and took her to the hospital. He was arrested at work. He had done 2 prison stretches in 70s for rape. This was in the mid 90s. They were able to prove multiple rapes and suspect the disappearance of a few others. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

This was in Campbell River...but yes Clifford Olsen was here at one point and did kill someone. 

I was 13 or 14...came home to dozens of cops in his and our yard and the window smashed to his living room. Nervous as can be I go in my house and find my mom making coffee and another 10 or so cops...  multiple boxes of donuts on the table..   They were using our house as their base to use our landline to communicate as to keep it off radio.  Turns out the neighbor had kidnapped and beat and raped a 16 year old girl over 3 days. On his way to work he told her he was done with her and going to kill her later. She broke out of a cupboard he had her locked in and jumped headfirst through the window while tied up and blindfolded. 

A passerby picked her up covered in cuts and blood and took her to the hospital. He was arrested at work. He had done 2 prison stretches in 70s for rape. This was in the mid 90s. They were able to prove multiple rapes and suspect the disappearance of a few others. 

My mom was in a vehicle with Clifford Olsen. She got a bad vibe and ditched him.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I hadn't heard about this. (although I agree with it) When did they make this change?

2011 they updated it. I looked up and basically it's up to the judge to decide if he wants to give consecutive life sentences or concurrent but prior to 2011 there was no consecutive life sentences.

I didn't know about it either until the Douglas Garland trial happened and he was sentenced to 75 years without parole.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, BPA said:

The two teens were headed to Whitehorse to look for work.  Who goes to Whitehorse to "look for work" unless they already had jobs lined up??

"The pair is believed to be driving a grey 2011 Toyota RAV-4 and was last seen in northern Saskatchewan."

No much for roads up there....unless they somehow consider Lloyd and the Battlefords "northern"....

If they skirted Great Slave Lake, near Hay River, they're on Highway 5, which is basically a dead end. If they went south and crossed over from Alberta near Cold Lake, they could be in the Meadow Lake area....

16 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

Good ol' hindsight coming through again.

When I first saw the report of the two missing people and the burned out truck, I immediately thought that they were the killers and that they killed this other guy to take his vehicle. I was going to post that but then I reconsidered in case they were also killed.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

When I first saw the report of the two missing people and the burned out truck, I immediately thought that they were the killers and that they killed this other guy to take his vehicle. I was going to post that but then I reconsidered in case they were also killed.

why would they burn there own truck tho, unless they were kidnapped

28 minutes ago, BPA said:

"When you're 19, with jobs available on the island".....this is what my wife was saying this morning...she then proclaimed "holy crap, they did it!"

I realised two things.

-This is why I don't keep secrets from her 

-She really does learn something from all those boring Brit murder mysteries she PVR's.

11 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Thought the same thing too. It's the most logical conclusion when you have a burned out truck and 2km away a burned up body.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

No much for roads up there....unless they somehow consider Lloyd and the Battlefords "northern"....

If they skirted Great Slave Lake, near Hay River, they're on Highway 5, which is basically a dead end. If they went south and crossed over from Alberta near Cold Lake, they could be in the Meadow Lake area....

So now where is everyone who was calling the people of northern BC murdering hicks?? I'm still offended by all that crap at the beginning of this thread. I actually live on the island now but stil work up north. I've been all over BC and met wonderful people everywhere I go. I just hope everyone learns a lesson and don't "generalize" people living in a certain area just because they can't see why in the world they would live there...ok i'm done now. I hope they catch these pukes.