The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

10 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

To remove any residual evidence that may be recovered by forensics.  Finger prints, hair, an old gas receipt with credit card numbers that may have slipped out, etc.  

I'm aware of that. I was sarcastically responding to Squamfan's query as to why they would burn their own vehicle if they weren't kidnapped.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they must have some evidence of them linking them to the victims tho, if it was just their own card yes its weird but they seem like the types capable of burning down their own camper as normal part of their day. 

These guys appear to be about as sharp as a marble so if they've already made some rookie mistakes, it's more than likely all the cops need is to get them into custody and they'll fold like a cheap tent.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats probably it. They didn't turn off their phones :picard:

I may be stereotyping but they are Millennials and I rarely seen one without their noses in their phones.

5 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

These guys appear to be about as sharp as a marble so if they've already made some rookie mistakes, it's more than likely all the cops need is to get them into custody and they'll fold like a cheap tent.

They will rat out each other in exchange for 10 minutes of xbox time ....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

uh oh,

Does that mean they are the last generation? cause they are the last letter in the alphabet? 

I knew it, the end is nigh!

Yeah, I was thinking the next generation is already being born but what do we call them?  :frantic: 

10 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

What kind of loser would merk 2 backpackers?

just waiting now for their family to say what great kids they were/are...

hopefully they resist arrest ........

Tell us how you really feel kos

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

What kind of loser would merk 2 backpackers?

just waiting now for their family to say what great kids they were/are...

hopefully they resist arrest ........

Didn't take long:

Family speaks

Keith McLeod, Kam’s father, released a statement Tuesday, pleading for privacy as the media spotlight turned to the suspects’ families.

“This is what I do know- Kam is a kind, considerate, caring young man [who] always has been concerned about other people’s feelings,” wrote McLeod.

“As we are trapped in our homes due to media people, we try to wrap our heads around what is happening and hope that Kam will come home to us safely so we can all get to the bottom of this story.”

Edited by DonLever

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats probably it. They didn't turn off their phones :picard:

Your phone can still ping a tower even if its turned off. You really should not even have your phone with you to be 100% sure you're not be traced. That being said there are a ton of pretty high quality cameras at gas stations now and street lights. If the police are linking them to the tourists then I would imagine their very distinguishable truck was caught driving through a gas station or passing by, as many of the gas stations are right off the main roads that run right through the centre of these small towns.

Edited by peaches5

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Your phone can still ping a tower even if its turned off. You really should not even have your phone with you to be 100% sure you're not be traced. That being said there are a ton of pretty high quality cameras at gas stations now and street lights. If the police are linking them to the tourists then I would imagine their very distinguishable trunk was could driving through a gas station or passing by, as many of the gas stations are right off the main roads that run right through the centre of these small towns.

how can a phone ping a tower when its off? 

6 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Your phone can still ping a tower even if its turned off. You really should not even have your phone with you to be 100% sure you're not be traced. That being said there are a ton of pretty high quality cameras at gas stations now and street lights. If the police are linking them to the tourists then I would imagine their very distinguishable trunk was could driving through a gas station or passing by, as many of the gas stations are right off the main roads that run right through the centre of these small towns.

or maybe they checked drive bc web cams and saw the truck in that area