Baertschi - Horvat - Pearson

Miller - Sutter - Leivo

Motte - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Markstrom

Demko

Miller is def top six. Virtanen will be on the third line. Other than that you’re in the ballpark.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Baertschi seems to get overlooked... but he has very good chemistry with Horvat.  

If anything, the Canucks should have 2 sets of pairs.... Pettersson-Boeser and Baertschi-Horvat.  

Have rotating wingers depending on who is on fire.  

No kidding!!  I could see Baertschi Horvat Pearson....that line has legs imo.  Knowing Greener, we're going to see all of the above at some point.

I think Goldy is in tough to make the team though

One thing from your post (thanks for all the work you put into it) is moving Bo to second PP unit. We’ve never had a second unit that could be a real threat for quite some time. It’s usually due to them coming on after a clear out and having to start from their own end and gain entry. If we have Bo & Quinn spearheading the second unit it could substantially help in that regard. We’ve seen Bo gain the zone all on his own a few times but with a drop off to Quinn being a real threat it could solve a lot of our second unit problems. This should be our thinking going into the season. With having two capable PP units, it will help our success rate and lead to that extra goal that we need to either finish off games or get that all important tying goal. We have a glut of forwards who are capable of playing in the PP now. We need to spread it out. First Unit can be Edler with #40 & #6 as one timer options, plug in some net front presence, for digging and retrieving pucks and the second unit can do more of a quick gain entry and go for an early scoring chance. All the while having Bo be on the ice when the returning opponent returns to the ice, if we don’t score before that happens. This opinion is in the same line of your thinking when it comes to spreading out the talent we now have. Cheers.

• Upvote 2

I kind of like Boeser with Bo again. And Miller with Pettersson would be interesting. I think that top line would be more aggressive, have more speed.

Ferland - Pettersson - Miller (two crash n bangers who could feed Pettersson the puck, or score) 

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser (they had chemistry before, was our 1st line 2 years ago) 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks have options for the Top 6:

Pettersson

Horvat

Miller

Boeser

Goldobin

Baertschi

Pearson

Ferland

Two of these guiys won't make the Top 6. My $ is on Pearson and Goldy as the odd men out. Maybe both get a spot on the 3rd line. Maybe just Pearson.

I have a feeling this will be the Top 6 to start the season:

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Baertschi - Horvat - Miller

I myself would like to see how those 2 lines do, if after 10 games and not getting the desired results then make a change or two.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I myself would like to see how those 2 lines do, if after 10 games and not getting the desired results then make a change or two.

That's what I think the lines will be, but who knows? I'm just guessing the best I can like everyone else lol Whatever they decide to do, the Canucks have a good Top 6 to work with. 

I think the main thing to understand here is that Pettersson will produce regardless of his linemates, he will also draw in the oppositions top defenders on a nightly basis. Boeser and Horvat produce together and essentially lay the groundwork for a 1B line. I think it makes sense to give Horvat Boeser, and have Pettersson take some combination of Miller/Ferland/Goldobin. 

• Upvote 1

a very high iq center who can both score and pass

needs a quality trigger man to maximize his production

ep40 and brock make sense from that perspective

gretzky could play with anyone

but he was best with kurri who could finish his magical passes

even when gretzky scored 90+ goals kurri was not moved off his line to create a better balance of scoring for other lines

the very elite play even better with other very elite

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

gretzky could play with anyone

but he was best with kurri who could finish his magical passes

even when gretzky scored 90+ goals kurri was not moved off his line to create a better balance of scoring for other lines

the very elite play even better with other very elite

Messier and Anderson weren't exactly plugs on the second line. - they would be firsts on most other teams

I wouldn't be opposed to reuniting the "killer B's" and putting Petey with Ferland and Miller.

Baer Bo Brock

Ferland Petey Miller

Virt Sutter Pearson

Goldy Beagle Motte

Edit- I Leivo'd Leivo.... Unless Goldy learns to play in a consistently gives a &^@# manner, I'm not sure where he fits. Leivo is a far better bottom 6 option. 

Edited by luckylager

I like the idea of giving Goldy a chance to play with the high end talent...he does well playing with skilled players. He just needs to be more consistent in bringing his "A" game.

Leipsic, Gaunce, Granlund, Schaller all got points for the Canucks last year because they were on the roster...the difference now is these players will not be on the roster next year....including MDZ, Pouliot and Gudbranson. We've got some steady dman who will shore up the defense, which will help the forwards.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks have options for the Top 6:

Pettersson

Horvat

Miller

Boeser

Goldobin

Baertschi

Pearson

Ferland

Two of these guiys won't make the Top 6. My $ is on Pearson and Goldy as the odd men out. Maybe both get a spot on the 3rd line. Maybe just Pearson.

I have a feeling this will be the Top 6 to start the season:

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Baertschi - Horvat - Miller

Pearson over Baertchi....Maybe if Baerchi has a good start they can trade him before he has another injury...

Guys that are always have injuries, Sutter, Tanev, Baerthci...Lets hope we can at least trade 2 of these 3 guys...