The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferland vs Canucks 2015

Rate this topic

Topcheeze86

It's been posted here a few times, but I think it's good enough to stand on its own (too).

Funny how hate can turn to love....

He has the ability to be a game changer and I'm really excited to see the new dynamic of this team now that the pure skill guys, namely Petey, will have less to worry about and can just go about their business.

So stoked.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Real nice to have him on our side. Ferland's only worn red in the NHL (CAR & CGY), will be cool to see him in Canucks blue and green. Quite amazing the season Pettersson had last year, with no protection on his (top) line. So excited to see what Pettersson can do this year with a healthy Boeser (for once) and Ferland to keep an eye on things.

Can't wait for the Cali trips this year too, used to be so tough, those California teams were always big and nasty. Well, those teams better be ready for the Canucks now. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Boeserker said:

That Canucks team was weak AF and Ferland was out there with something to prove.

He's one of us now but I'm not expecting him to perform like that night in and night out.

Not every game but the gritty style and hard hits is in the guys blood i hated watching our guys getting ragdolled all year with no pushback thats why when shenn came in it was a nice change 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Ferland - x - x

Pearson - Horvat - Miller

Leivo - Gaudette - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - x

Bailey/MacEwen

Edler - Myers

x - x

Benn - x

Size and grit/toughness, Canucks will not be pushed around

I think that Gaudette, Bailey and Mac start in the AHL.

Roussel is out atleast until Xmas, Motte fills his spot/13th forward when he returns.

Leivo or Virt swap as 3 or 4th RW.

Baer as 3LW

Sutter as 3C.

Ferland Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Miller 

Baer Sutter Virtanen 

Motte Beagle Leivo

Roussel

Also have goldy,eriksson and schaller around

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev 

Benn Stecher 

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

That was an embarrassing moment, the team other than Horvat completely folded and Willie D put on the worst coaching performance I've ever witnessed.  I would love to go read comments about how Ferland is a charging goon and would make people sick if he ever played for the Canucks, and in a few years Virtanen will be bashing the flames around in a similar fashion... Virtanen should be shining Ferlands shoes in the morning.  Ferland will teach these boys how to play some real hockey

There was no reason for us to not have won that round. I think if we had any other coach we would have won that round and could have possibly beat Chicago that year too, since we played them pretty well during the regular season. 

12 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's been posted here a few times, but I think it's good enough to stand on its own (too).

Funny how hate can turn to love....

He has the ability to be a game changer and I'm really excited to see the new dynamic of this team now that the pure skill guys, namely Petey, will have less to worry about and can just go about their business.

So stoked.

The best part about this, and this for us now too is his maturity level is a lot deeper and that adds a mentor mentality just be the way he plays and if that rubs off on JV and Big Mac then this is a much better signing than the pundits or CDC naysayers ever dreamed of so hopefully it will and this team can finally put it all together and make a serious run in 2 years as new players are added for upgrades albeit only a few as Woo, OJ and others will be seasoned but playing on regular lines for once with the turnstile slowing to a dead stop for a change PLUS our current guys the same. 

2 yrs is my prediction for it to all fall in place and in the meantime thanks to Ferland Miller, etc lately should add up to a lot more fun to watch! 

Can hardly wait to get a streaming sports subscription in Oct.  ;)

• Upvote 2

On 7/23/2019 at 2:18 PM, Pears said:

There was no reason for us to not have won that round. I think if we had any other coach we would have won that round and could have possibly beat Chicago that year too, since we played them pretty well during the regular season. 

Agreed but we weren't taking out the eventual cup champions that year ;) .

Can't wait to see Ferland tearing it up in the blue and green.  Is it October yet?

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2019 at 1:53 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Around the 3:30 mark, that hit on Sbisa was dangerous.

Just making it easier to see then clicking on the link 

Gotta hope the typical Vancouver thing doesn't follow him. Half of those hits are probably penalties if a Canuck does them lol.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Silver Ghost said:

Gotta hope the typical Vancouver thing doesn't follow him. Half of those hits are probably penalties if a Canuck does them lol.

HB - suspended for batting a puck out of the the air.

Welcome to the Canucks...where everything you do is under the microscope and books will be thrown at you.

3 hours ago, Silver Ghost said:

Oh they will, that's because the refs just hate us so much, that just comes naturally with the territory now, so might as well take advantage of it and make those penalties worth it :frantic:

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Like 1