The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Happy Birthday, Jordie Benn!

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Happy birthday big guy. 

Should be the best money puck signing in Jim's career and definitely the best money puck deal of the 2019 free agent frenzy. 

Boy are we blessed we have such a great city that attracts free agents like no other. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

Happy birthday big guy. 

Should be the best money puck signing in Jim's career and definitely the best money puck deal of the 2019 free agent frenzy. 

Boy are we blessed we have such a great city that attracts free agents like no other. 

Easily the best area in the world to live, as indicated by the volume of people moving here from around the globe 

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Easily the best area in the world to live, as indicated by the volume of people moving here from around the globe 

Unfortunately that in itself makes it less desirable (at least in my humble opinion).  There are so many beautiful places to live in BC that we don't all need to crowd into the same already overcrowded place.  I grew up in Lynn Valley in North Vancouver and it is indeed an awesome place to live or grow up but I can't afford to live there now.  Nor do I want to spend all my time hustling money so that I could.  I have 5 acres of beautiful forest in northern BC and I love it.  But if everyone wants to crowd into Vancouver until it bursts then that's up to them but I'm glad I went north.  Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Unfortunately that in itself makes it less desirable (at least in my humble opinion).  There are so many beautiful places to live in BC that we don't all need to crowd into the same already overcrowded place.  I grew up in Lynn Valley in North Vancouver and it is indeed an awesome place to live or grow up but I can't afford to live there now.  Nor do I want to spend all my time hustling money so that I could.  I have 5 acres of beautiful forest in northern BC and I love it.  But if everyone wants to crowd into Vancouver until it bursts then that's up to them but I'm glad I went north.  Go Canucks Go!

Anywhere in beautiful British Columbia is good in my books. 

It's truly the greatest province / state / piece of land / whatever you want to call it. 

Super Natural British Columbia. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Happy birthday big guy. 

I thought a "money puck deal" would be something that involved signing a guy for perceived low market value based on some mumbo jumbo stats?  Benn is a very solid veteran 3rd pairing guy.  His contract is decent value though I wouldn't call it an underpaid deal.  

47 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I thought a "money puck deal" would be something that involved signing a guy for perceived low market value based on some mumbo jumbo stats?  Benn is a very solid veteran 3rd pairing guy.  His contract is decent value though I wouldn't call it an underpaid deal.  

He left more money and more term on the table from other teams... Apparently Montreal had a 3 year 2.5 AAV deal. 

Jordie is a good BC boy that took a discount to play at home. 

Not to mention escaping the Eastern winters 

41 minutes ago, apollo said:

He left more money and more term on the table from other teams... Apparently Montreal had a 3 year 2.5 AAV deal. 

Jordie is a good BC boy that took a discount to play at home. 

Not to mention escaping the Eastern winters 

I guess what you're trying to tell me is that Benn has the Eye of the Tiger????

:P

• Like 1