Recommended Posts

August 1: why the Micheal Ferland signing is the best thing for Jake Virtanen

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

August 6: is Elias Pettersson a top 20 center in the NHL? (NHL.com poll)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this actually happens, it will be a great thing.  If we can have two guys who can play like Ferland, we'll be a juggernaut in the playoffs.  Plus, having a mentor for Virtanen to have an actual on the team example of what management wants him to play like, can't hurt, but only help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Solinar said:

If this actually happens, it will be a great thing.  If we can have two guys who can play like Ferland, we'll be a juggernaut in the playoffs.  Plus, having a mentor for Virtanen to have an actual on the team example of what management wants him to play like, can't hurt, but only help.

Jacheal Ferktanen?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrockBoester said:

Jacheal Ferktanen?

  If they can both channel Ferland's style when he and Sam Bennet destroyed us in the 2015 playoffs, I think there'll be a lot of Shotgun Jake and Ferland jersey's being sold in BC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol I said that like 2 weeks ago  that jake will improve because we have finally have more grit ,size and toughness   ,   is elias pettersson a top 20 center well ya    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the grinder said:

lol I said that like 2 weeks ago  that jake will improve because we have finally have more grit ,size and toughness   ,   is elias pettersson a top 20 center well ya    

  One tough guy on a team, doesn't make the team tough....but you get enough people, stepping up, you'll suddenly have more and more stepping up, following their example.  It doesn't happen all at once, but when it does...it'll be magical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Solinar said:

  One tough guy on a team, doesn't make the team tough....but you get enough people, stepping up, you'll suddenly have more and more stepping up, following their example.  It doesn't happen all at once, but when it does...it'll be magical.

exactly its really hard to expect a young guy to be tough with no supporting cast around him ,, jakes throws a hit and then 3 guys go at him and not really any help., now we can have a wolfpack mentality basically have a hitter instigator agitator  on every line   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 1:21 PM, Solinar said:

If this actually happens, it will be a great thing.  If we can have two guys who can play like Ferland, we'll be a juggernaut in the playoffs.  Plus, having a mentor for Virtanen to have an actual on the team example of what management wants him to play like, can't hurt, but only help.

Love what you said...agree completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 1:56 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Great vlog @Canuck Clay!

 

Are you at Summit Pacific college?

I was there last week for some leadership training. Are you familiar with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, the grinder said:

exactly its really hard to expect a young guy to be tough with no supporting cast around him ,, jakes throws a hit and then 3 guys go at him and not really any help., now we can have a wolfpack mentality basically have a hitter instigator agitator  on every line   

Great points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

August 7: awaiting Brock Boeser’s new contract - are you concerned?

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canuck Clay said:

I was there last week for some leadership training. Are you familiar with it?

Yes haha, my church used to go there quite often for summer retreats.  I also have many friends there as well.

 

Hope your leadership retreat went well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  From everything I've heard, Boesser wants to be here, wants to win here, and wants to win being a Canuck.  Those are everything we want in a player on our team.  His dad isn't in a great way health wise, from what I've heard.  I think the team and he are close on the number and term, and could see them getting it altogether no later than oct 2 at the latest.  This is a guy who isn't holding out.  This isn't a Nylander situation.  Everyone needs to take a breathe, enjoy their August and anticpate Oct 1st.

  The start of a new era began last season, and the future is bright.  We have our captain, Horvat!  We have our sniper/playmaker in Pettersson and our sniper in Boesser.  And, for the first time in oh so long, we actually have depth in top 6 wingers, in Baertschi, Pearson, Miller, Boesser, Goldobin, Eriksson?.  We have a strong top 6, and a deep bottom 6, which is strong enough to step up if there are injuries.  Pettersson, Horvat, Sutter, and Beagle down the centre is actually pretty good, and Gaudette is waiting in the wings.  Miller can also play centre.

  Defense wise, we have switched out half the personnel, and have Biega and Fantenberg as the depth, with Juolevi, Chatfield, Brisebois and Sautner in the AHL forming a strong top 4 for the farm club, but also able to step into the Canucks lineup.

  And Goalie wise, Dipietro is going to be there, as is Keilly.  A full year of development in the AHL will be good for them, and for us in the long run.

  This is it, everyone, the culmination of restocking the cupboards, some exciting question marks on the main team, and on the farm team, and knowing that we won't hit the wall draft wise that happened under Gillis.  Which means, every draft should produce at least 2 players, with the chance at one out of every three years producing an impact player.  Be excited, and enjoy the ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Yes haha, my church used to go there quite often for summer retreats.  I also have many friends there as well.

 

Hope your leadership retreat went well!

Awesome. Yes it went well...thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Solinar said:

  From everything I've heard, Boesser wants to be here, wants to win here, and wants to win being a Canuck.  Those are everything we want in a player on our team.  His dad isn't in a great way health wise, from what I've heard.  I think the team and he are close on the number and term, and could see them getting it altogether no later than oct 2 at the latest.  This is a guy who isn't holding out.  This isn't a Nylander situation.  Everyone needs to take a breathe, enjoy their August and anticpate Oct 1st.

  The start of a new era began last season, and the future is bright.  We have our captain, Horvat!  We have our sniper/playmaker in Pettersson and our sniper in Boesser.  And, for the first time in oh so long, we actually have depth in top 6 wingers, in Baertschi, Pearson, Miller, Boesser, Goldobin, Eriksson?.  We have a strong top 6, and a deep bottom 6, which is strong enough to step up if there are injuries.  Pettersson, Horvat, Sutter, and Beagle down the centre is actually pretty good, and Gaudette is waiting in the wings.  Miller can also play centre.

  Defense wise, we have switched out half the personnel, and have Biega and Fantenberg as the depth, with Juolevi, Chatfield, Brisebois and Sautner in the AHL forming a strong top 4 for the farm club, but also able to step into the Canucks lineup.

  And Goalie wise, Dipietro is going to be there, as is Keilly.  A full year of development in the AHL will be good for them, and for us in the long run.

  This is it, everyone, the culmination of restocking the cupboards, some exciting question marks on the main team, and on the farm team, and knowing that we won't hit the wall draft wise that happened under Gillis.  Which means, every draft should produce at least 2 players, with the chance at one out of every three years producing an impact player.  Be excited, and enjoy the ride.

Love your optimism...thank you!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

August 9: Travis Green comments on Loui Eriksson and naming a captain

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.