The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our coach: Mr. Travis Green (discussion)

Rate this topic

Jester13

24 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So you consider Eriksson's play last year, and the garbage he spewed to the media to be acceptable?  I stand by my statement; LE is absolute trash, both on and off the ice.  Green is the epitome of class for taking the high road after having this worthless bum throw him under the bus.

No - his play wasn't acceptable for $6 million. - maybe for $3m, like Beagle

And just for clarification, the truth isn't slander

But enough about LE. - he might , along with Tryamkin and Gagner,  be the core of a new KHL franchise "The ex-Canucks Whiners"

(and full marks to Goldy for not mouthing off in his post season interview, just admitting that he knew what he had to do to make the team this year)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Googlie said:

No - his play wasn't acceptable for $6 million. - maybe for $3m, like Beagle

And just for clarification, the truth isn't slander

But enough about LE. - he might , along with Tryamkin and Gagner,  be the core of a new KHL franchise "The ex-Canucks Whiners"

(and full marks to Goldy for not mouthing off in his post season interview, just admitting that he knew what he had to do to make the team this year)

The garbage LE spewed was far from the truth.  The simple fact is no coach in their right mind would have allowed a lazy, soft, entitled floater to stink up the joint every single night.  Green was more than patient.  The fact he turned around and blamed the coach for his lack of icetime is beyond unacceptable.  He should have been suspended without pay on the spot.  LE should consider himself very, very lucky if Green even allows him to show his useless face at camp.

And the way he floated around the ice wasn't acceptable for league minimum.  That kind of pitiful effort gets you sent to the press box in the AHL.  Beagle at least puts in an honest effort and is a positive influence in the room.  Hopefully he cons another NHL team into letting him masquerade as an actual hockey player so Ferland can flatten his worthless arse.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The garbage LE spewed was far from the truth.  The simple fact is no coach in their right mind would have allowed a lazy, soft, entitled floater to stink up the joint every single night.  Green was more than patient.  The fact he turned around and blamed the coach for his lack of icetime is beyond unacceptable.  He should have been suspended without pay on the spot.  LE should consider himself very, very lucky if Green even allows him to show his useless face at camp.

And the way he floated around the ice wasn't acceptable for league minimum.  That kind of pitiful effort gets you sent to the press box in the AHL.  Beagle at least puts in an honest effort and is a positive influence in the room.  Hopefully he cons another NHL team into letting him masquerade as an actual hockey player so Ferland can flatten his worthless arse.

Willie didn't give him prime time opportunity either lol. It's not like it's just Travis Green here.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Willie didn't give him prime time opportunity either lol. It's not like it's just Travis Green here.

exactly been 3 frigging years  waiting for loui to do something productive  yet people cant give travis green 2 years , TG  had to use close to 85 different players in 2 years  had the full nhl roster for one game  last year yet still competive , still worked hard  and never quit  , never heard any other player whining to the media except one 

• Cheers 1

Just now, the grinder said:

exactly been 3 frigging years  waiting for loui to do something productive  yet people cant give travis green 2 years , TG  had to use close to 85 different players in 2 years  had the full nhl roster for one game  last year yet still competive , still worked hard  and never quit  , never heard any other player whining to the media except one 

I think most people here seem to share our view and want Green to stay.  That's the ultimate testament to his coaching right there: Vancouver fans aren't calling for his head after 2 losing seasons.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, luckylager said:

I love how badly @King Heffy hates Loui. It makes for an enjoyable read.

Untamed rage

So much sith

Pissed off heffy is one of my favorite posters, whether I agree with the outrage or not.

FTR - Loui is &^@#ing deadbeat, but I ain't mad. I've accepted what a total waste of aquaman's dough that useless lump is. Like, at least he can play a chequing role.. Am I right? Chequing.

Nevermind

giphy.gif

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, the grinder said:

It’s been a tough go for both Vancouver and Utica over the last few years. So many injuries/call ups. Well said. It’s a testament to both teams coaching staff. I don’t think it’s talked about enough either. They stayed competitive despite all the injuries and never backed down or walked on a game...for the most part. They had a few brief lazy moments, but not many for such a young team. Looking forward to another season of this, plus more from both our squads.

Onward and upward y’all :)

24 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I think most people here seem to share our view and want Green to stay.  That's the ultimate testament to his coaching right there: Vancouver fans aren't calling for his head after 2 losing seasons.

This is actually an amazing point. Two losing seasons and yet the high majority of fans like what he's done so far. It's so obvious the culture of internal competition and compete he's instilling in his team is working. Love it.

18 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I love how badly @King Heffy hates Loui. It makes for an enjoyable read.

Untamed rage

So much sith

Pissed off heffy is one of my favorite posters, whether I agree with the outrage or not.

FTR - Loui is &^@#ing deadbeat, but I ain't mad. I've accepted what a total waste of aquaman's dough that useless lump is. Like, at least he can play a chequing role.. Am I right? Chequing.

Nevermind

I love puns, and this one is gold, Jerry. I literally lol'd :lol:

• Thanks 1

None so blind as those that will not see

(31 straight penalty kill shifts without conceding a goal - first with Sutter, then with Granny,   Shorthouse thought that was a record....... best PK shots blocked percentage,  best PK takeaway percentage, fewest PK giveaway percentage ..... throw in 11 goals and 18 apples, and that's not " a pitiful effort"    Is it what we wanted. - no, but if his cap hit was Beagle's, we would be lauding him, not vilifying him

I will leave you with this one thought about Loui, then no more .........

Only 2 players in the entire history of the NHL can say that they assisted on Petey's first ever NHL goal  - Eriksson was one, with an exquisite pass (and Goldy with the other on an equally good pass)

10 hours ago, smokes said:

Everyone is talking about how he turned Jake around. I would argue if he did or not. Jake was a first rounder projected to play in the top six and is now a bottom six player who can easily be replaced. He's trying to turn Goldobin into a two way player when he is clearly meant to play on the offense. He turned what was one a promising young defence man in Hutton into a free agency giveaway. He got Eriksson, a 14 year veteran who we haven't heard a complaint from, ever, call him out. When you look at the improvements of the team last year, we need to ask ourselves, did the Canucks improve because of Green's coaching or because the diamond Benning uncovered in Petey.

I fear they may overcoach Quinn Hughes.

Just let him do his thing!!!

Just now, 6string said:

Naw; his defensive game definitely could use some cleaning up.  Look at Rielly's defensive game for an example of what happens when you don't insist on your defensemen actually learning how to play defense.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Naw; his defensive game definitely could use some cleaning up.  Look at Rielly's defensive game for an example of what happens when you don't insist on your defensemen actually learning how to play defense.

I prefer how Boston managed Torey Krug's game - they gave him the keys and left the garage for bigger or more complete Dmen .

Don't confuse the young man, in time he can build a more complete game. Reilly in Toronto is with a very weak and physically inept collection of Dmen. We have size, strength and experience with our group. Let him run!

11 minutes ago, 6string said:

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Man

This is a very real and important topic you two have just touched on

- How to develop Quinn Hughes -

I haven't ever seen a Canucks dman move with puck so well. His skating is absolutely breathtaking, and I'm not being some dramatic blowhard. The skill is real with that kid.

Defensively I think he reads the play really well and gets himself into the right position, but there's some liability stuff I saw which is only to be expected given the circumstance, first few NHL games and all...

Rambling. Sorry.

I kinda feel bad for not wanting Baumer to coach him. But I don't on both accounts.

Hughes is smart, he'll figure out his own way to play low. And even if he doesn't, the way he skates the puck out of the zone and creates offense is worth it.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Man

This is a very real and important topic you two have just touched on

- How to develop Quinn Hughes -

I haven't ever seen a Canucks dman move with puck so well. His skating is absolutely breathtaking, and I'm not being some dramatic blowhard. The skill is real with that kid.

Defensively I think he reads the play really well and gets himself into the right position, but there's some liability stuff I saw which is only to be expected given the circumstance, first few NHL games and all...

Rambling. Sorry.

I kinda feel bad for not wanting Baumer to coach him. But I don't on both accounts.

Hughes is smart, he'll figure out his own way to play low. And even if he doesn't, the way he skates the puck out of the zone and creates offense is worth it.

I think Hughes will be similar to Petey, in that he will show the coaches he doesn't need much coaching (obvi they'll work on some things, but I bet Hughes will catch on so fast that he'll be given lots of leash).

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, smokes said:

I'm in the same boat. If Quinn is made to focus on his defence, I fear with his size, he won't last too long.

His offence is his defense. I also think his defensive game is very underrated. He's not a take-the-body player in his own zone, but rather uses his stick and IQ to get the puck and then his skating and slick passing to break out quickly. He's a special player that won't need to be coached much, just like Petey.

Edited by Jester13
  • Cheers 2