The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you most proud of as a Canucks Fan?

Rate this topic

apollo

2 hours ago, Strombone said:

There's honestly too many moments to choose from, so I will just list my top 10 Canucks by considering all the good they've done on and off the frost.

My Top 10:

1.Sedins

2. Naslund

3. Bure

4. Luongo

5. Burrows

6. Benning

7. Bertuzzi

8. Pettersson

9. Boeser

10. Bertuzzi

Honourable Mentions:

- Horvat

- Ohlund

- Rypien

- Smyl

- McLean

- Edler

- Salo

- Schneider

- Kesler

- Cooke

TBH I could probably list every single Canuck in history and can proudly say I'm proud of them all. Definitely more proud of them than disappointed.

so proud of Bert, he makes the list twice!! love it

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I'm most proud of how the Canucks has become such a talking point in the city that strangers in Vancouver can become fast friends just by talking about the Canucks. 

I am least proud of what people did to the city after the last two times the Canucks went to the Stanley Cup Finals.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Always liked when guys like Burke or AV - stood up for their players.

(would have liked to see more of that on the ice, particularly where the Sedins were concerned, but water under the bridge)....

I could not care less if some folks don't like seeing Burke call out NHL officials, etc (or the white towel symbolism) - on the rare occassion it isn't only appropriate - but necessary - whether it achieves 'results' or not.

If they were to win a Cup after eating that b.s., selectively enforced recap recrap, that would be real icing.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm proud of the privatley funded arenas the Canucks have played in. I grew up a few blocks from the Pacific Coliseum and we were there often watching practices and going to games. They renovated the the Coliseum with their own ( Griffiths ) funding before moving to Rogers where I'm now about a mile away.

Say what you want but I'm proud we have had local ownership with the Griffiths and now the Aquilinis and as a citizen and a taxpayer proud of the private sector who have given us great entertainment ( less the Keenan years ) year in and year out/ this die hard loves rebuilds too!

GCG!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Always liked when guys like Burke or AV - stood up for their players.

(would have liked to see more of that on the ice, particularly where the Sedins were concerned, but water under the bridge)....

I could not care less if some folks don't like seeing Burke call out NHL officials, etc (or the white towel symbolism) - on the rare occassion it isn't only appropriate - but necessary - whether it achieves 'results' or not.

If they were to win a Cup after eating that b.s., selectively enforced recap recrap, that would be real icing.

Yep.  Pretty damn proud of Burr for calling a spade a spade and standing up to Auger.  He should have gotten the Masterton for exposing the NHL refs for the corrupt *****s that they are.  At least Auger got what he deserved eventually.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

(Is it wrong that one of my proudest moments was Torts storming the Flames dressing room?  Bieksa standing nearby, just in case)

I'm with ya on that one, we love our team and anyone who will do whatever it takes to send a message to our opponents!

Edited by 6string
  • Cheers 2

I'm proud of having supported a team that's had so many incredible human beings be a part of it on and off the ice. And I'm proud that even if it's foolish at times, this is a team where at the start of every season I can look at the roster and believe that this could be the one to bring home the Stanley Cup (even if some would have needed an exceptional amount of luck). Whether it's a year or decades, I'll know what it feels like to watch this team win it and I'll be proud to have stuck by them the whole way, through the best and worst years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Proud is a strong word. But I love the Canucks for Kids stuff. Think the team does a lot of good for the community. I love how so many of our greats were legitimately good human beings. Linden, Naslund, the Sedins, Luongo all class acts through and through. They make being a Canucks fan so worth it. That's not even touching on the next generation seemingly being great people too. Boeser looks to be a class act. Horvat seems like an amazing person and he should have been captain last season. Yeah we ain't win nothin' and the riots make us look bad but I love this team and the fanbase (people that started those riots were not true fans). I swear this is the only forum that is actually lively, never been to HF but I imagine we have them beat too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

can’t forget the voice of the canucks, jim robson. he was there through most of it. oh the stories he could tell.  i would have loved to see the practise fight between pat quinn and orland kurtenbach. 2 very tough characters. 

see you shortly after 11 this morn, lets do lunch ,lol