The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] VAN T6 Goal totals (Three 30+ Goal scorers?)

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

And really why not?   If your being honest there is four guys below him on the depth chart that are signed, this might not be popular but he’s not the 13th forward.  Unless it’s political he will be in the starting line-up.

Fully agree he may not be a 6m $$$ player but he still managed to be our 5th highest scoring fwd playing shut down and pking duties. 

He seems to still be able to elevate his game whenever he plays for Sweden. 

Petey 30+

Boeser 30+

Horvat 30+ (was close last year)

Miller 20+

Ferland 20+

Pearson 20+

Baertschi 20+

Virtanen 20+ (15 as a 3rd liner last year)

Leivo 15+

Sutter 15+

Motte 10

Roussel should be on pace for 15 based over 82gp

Beagle 10+

Add in d with another 30-45G

Canucks should be at around 300 goals!

Rats !! I forgot Roussel.  I'll predict 10 for him on his injury return.

Sure, some of these aggregate numbers are high  ... almost like the 80's Oilers.

Wait - why not?

Pettersson = Gretzky

Bo = Messier

Boeser = Kurri

Hughes = Coffey

Jake = Anderson

Miller = Hughes

Roussel = Linseman

Edler = Huddy

Myers = Lowe

Marky = Moog

Demko = Fuhr

etc

etc

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Petey 30+

Boeser 30+

Horvat 30+ (was close last year)

Miller 20+

Ferland 20+

Pearson 20+

Baertschi 20+

Virtanen 20+ (15 as a 3rd liner last year)

Leivo 15+

Sutter 15+

Motte 10

Roussel should be on pace for 15 based over 82gp

Beagle 10+

Add in d with another 30-45G

Canucks should be at around 300 goals!

So the Canucks are going to go from 3 20+ scorers last season to 3 30+ scorers AND 5 20+ scorers this year? Neat trick 

Pettersson - 31

Boeser - 36

Miller -22

Ferland - 22

Horvat - 31

Pearson - 17

Eriksson - N/A

Sutter - 7

Virtanen - 15

Beagle - 6

Leivo - 11

Motte - 7

Roussel - 8

Gaudette-7

Edler - 11

Myers - 13

Hughes - 18

Stecher - 7

Benn - 8

Tanev - 4

Edited by zombieksa

Boeser 31 (up from 26 last season)

Pettersson 30 (up from 28)

Miller 17 (up from 13...he will benefit from more 5-5 time than he got in TB...potentially 1st line vs 2nd/3rd + 1st unit PP time)

Pearson 14 (up from 9...minutes and stable linemates will help)

Horvat 25 (down from previous 27...will be more complete 2 way player)

Ferland 15 (down...won't have Aho feeding him on the PP...he'll be 2nd PP unit)

Baertschi 16 (obviously up from injury season...but still off pace for him...3rd line, some 2nd line, 2nd PP unit minutes)

Sutter 11 (up from 4...also injury riddled season...and career...so if can stay healthy. With his IQ and speed I can even see a couple of shortys from him, maybe 3)

Leivo 12 (up from 10...more stabilized role, locker room dynamics for him - no up/down to minors etc...should settle in nicely on the 3rd line)

Motte 7 (down from 9...I see limited ice-time for these last 4 guys, so it will hurt the production a bit)

Beagle 4 (up from 3...I see him actually having that 1 special game next year where he pots 2 in 1 game...the rest will be the usual trash)

Roussel 6 (down from 9...he will suffer most from loss of ice-time. Any output he can give by moving up due to injury would only replace what was already there)

Virtanen 12 (down from 15...total wildcard, could be 10, could be 20...my guess right now, with the Canucks depth up front, is that he gets 3rd/4th line mins)

So that's 198 from the front-end combined. From the backend I figure Edler and Myers to both drop a bit but for the others actually step up a bit (due to the better depth and distribution through the top 3 dmen...so I'm giving our backend 30 goals for all 8 of them combined this year.

Add in a few (say 6) from callups then it puts our yearend total at about 234...that's an overall improvement of 15 goals in the GF column. By adding Myers, Miller and Ferland combined with a stable Marky/Demko duo in the backstop I would say that we can improve our GA even more than our GF...I'd say about 18 GA improvement would bring us to a 234 / 230 (+4) line...not spectacular but a decent improvement for sure. Improving 15+ vs 18- should add a few more wins for sure (we had 90 goals against us in the 3rd period last year...2nd worst in the Western Conf)...so if we can hold a lead longer into a game so that we're not giving up the dreaded ENG to pretty much crush us, then I think we'll pull out 4 additional wins in reg + 2 additional wins in OT for 10 point improvement overall in the standings (39-30-13 for 91 pts)...right on the bubble...

Bo's improved his goal totals every year in the NHL, and will finally have good wingers. Some are saying he'll do worse than last year?

2014\15 - 13

2015\16 - 16

2016\17 - 20

2017\18 - 22

2018\19 - 27

He's getting over 30 this year

On 8/9/2019 at 8:01 PM, The Poet said:

I remember Botch and Patty Phatty would do this on the Patcast where they'd have to guess the goal totals of a bunch of players

I would like to hear your thoughts on what you think on theses players

He's what I perceive to be our definite or potential top six forward going into the season- and since I'm not a wuss I'll go first,

Time to see the faithful, realist, optimist and liberals come out!

Virt: 21 (Please JV let me be right, I'll shotgun every two drinks every goal past 10)

Sven: 17 (Massive wild card don't worry anyone it's impossible)

Miller: 24 (Would be happy)

Ferland: 22 (Would be very happy)

Pearson: 15 (I feel as though you were in honeymoon stage and Bo will find a new dance parter on his left side)

Bo: 32 (I'd have you higher but you will finally have somebody to pass to, so your assists will go up.)

Petey: 31 (You're our little Swedish alien, and I swear I'll swarm Area 51 if they ever capture you, I know you could hit more but you'll have a LW and love to pass)

Brock: 35 

Let me know what you guys think I felt I was pretty optimistic,

Godspeed, lets go xIC3wALEzX!!

This is in speculation everyone plays 82 games, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt this comes to fruition !!

Sven's been on pace for 20+ over 82 games 4 years in a row. 

• Upvote 2

Pettersson - 32, I see him around last years totals other teams will take away some of his looks

Boeser - 30, just get him signed and he will be around where he should have been the last two years

Miller -25, its not the goals I expect him to contribute but he may surprise on the PP with his slick passing.

Ferland - 20, depends on where he plays in the line up. this is maxed out if he stays with Boeser and Petey

Horvat - 35, every year he gets better and better. If Sutter or Beagle stay healthy he should be able to play more offensive minutes and less defensive.

Pearson - 12, I'd take this from him if he can score double digits and plays well with Bo we have a second line that demands attention.

Baerstchi 12, if he can stay healthy he might surpass this total but i"m not betting on that to happen unfortunately

Sutter - 7, stay healthy for the bulk of the season. goal scoring is a bonus.

Virtanen - 12-15, depending on where he plays and with who

Beagle - 5, he wont get the ice time to get more goals

Leivo - 8 depending on where he plays in the line up

Motte - 3 all against one team.

Roussel - 5, 2 short handed goals

Goldy - 0 he wont be on the team.

Eriksson - 6 before he gets moved or demoted

Gaudette 6 as the first injury call up he will get a handful

Edler - 5, mostly on the rush as his Power play time is reduced this season.

Myers - 12 mostly on the power play

Hughes - 4, more assists than goals

Stecher - 5 anything over this is gravy. I doubt he sees the minutes he got last season.

Benn - 1

Tanev - 1

OJ - 2

Thats 251 and thats a max projection obviously. If they can get an improvement of 20 goals total over last year with some decent improvement on the D and in goal that translates into more points. Is it enough to get into the playoffs? that remains to be seen, but every year at least one team really surprises(Vegas, St Louis) and one or more teams free fall, I'm looking at San Jose, and possible Calgary(their goal tending just is suspect) I posted on a thread a while back the teams we didnt take a point off of last season. there was like 7 or 8 of them. Just an OT point from all of those teams would get us very close to the playoff mark.

As much as some dont like the money paid to Myers, he and Benn are a huge upgrade at D especially when not if Edler and Tanev get hurt. They may not be Norris trophy candidates but they are an upgrade on Stecher and Hutton.

Marky and Demko should benefit from playing behind a real NHL defense this season as well.