The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jeffrey Epstein, accused sex trafficker, dies by suicide

Canorth

14 minutes ago, smokes said:

All I have to say is that the person whom took him off the suicide watch list needs to be fired for lack of judgement.

You can't keep someone on suicide watch for years. 

This guy went from a lifetime of uber-privilege and hunter-rapist to a Manhattan jail cell awaiting to eventually become hunted-raped by angry male prisoners.  He wasn't going to end up in a country club prison.  Those prisons are for white collar criminals, not high profile child rapists.  The best he could hope for would have been a medium-security prison with other rapists and prisoners who would have made his life a living hell.

There's no conspiracy.  He had already once tried to kill himself and failed.  He was always going to kill himself.  I certainly would have if I were him.  Soft billionaires aren't exactly prepared for that kind of life.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Had too much leverage and black mail on some of the big boys. Was a matter of time. Still a possibility they just took him out the back door. We are talking about some of the real elite here, they have the power. Could be on an island some where chilling with Kenneth Lay by this point. 

38 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

You can't keep someone on suicide watch for years. 

This guy went from a lifetime of uber-privilege and hunter-rapist to a Manhattan jail cell awaiting to eventually become hunted-raped by angry male prisoners.  He wasn't going to end up in a country club prison.  Those prisons are for white collar criminals, not high profile child rapists.  The best he could hope for would have been a medium-security prison with other rapists and prisoners who would have made his life a living hell.

There's no conspiracy.  He had already once tried to kill himself and failed.  He was always going to kill himself.  I certainly would have if I were him.  Soft billionaires aren't exactly prepared for that kind of life.

Yeah no. Too powerful. Have a look at the first time he was "jailed". If you read into it, his sentence was actually only him spending weekends in an empty wing of the jail, by himself, with catered food and a driver taking him back and forth every weekend to "serve" his time. We aren't talking about your average rich old white man. This guy had power and most importantly LEVERAGE and dark secrets on my other powerful men. 

He wasn't ever going to end up in any kind of real prison because that would mean he would've actually been implicated and charged. Many names would've gotten released. That was never going to happen. The deed was done quickly after news broke of a trial. 

Could also be possible they just took him out the back door and he is on some island somewhere. Can't underestimate the money, power and influence of those involved in this very long scandal. 

Edited by RRypien37
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jeffrey-epstein-found-dead-in-jail-officials-say-11565443983

He was on suicide watch for a couple weeks.  They weren't going to keep him on it indefinitely so they took him off, returned him to a regular cell and he off'd himself.

Man...are you really that gullible? And WSJ of all sources?   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

The MAGA morons are conveniently ignoring the fact that Trump was once Epstein's buddy as well as Clinton.  Trump also partied with Epstein and it was at some of these parties that teenagers were passed around for sex.

Equally opportunity degenerate....

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

Yeah no. Too powerful. Have a look at the first time he was "jailed". If you read into it, his sentence was actually only him spending weekends in an empty wing of the jail, by himself, with catered food and a driver taking him back and forth every weekend to "serve" his time. We aren't talking about your average rich old white man. This guy had power and most importantly LEVERAGE and dark secrets on my other powerful men. 

He wasn't ever going to end up in any kind of real prison because that would mean he would've actually been implicated and charged. Many names would've gotten released. That was never going to happen. The deed was done quickly after news broke of a trial. 

Could also be possible they just took him out the back door and he is on some island somewhere. Can't underestimate the money, power and influence of those involved in this very long scandal. 

The justice system in the US was VERY different back then.  Now he would have been boned.  It's too high profile for him to have gone to a minimum security prison. 

The internet, especially social media, has made it so people can't always get away with the things they once could.  The people in power no longer completely control the narrative with an iron fist.  They need to dupe a legion of followers now.  That's how Trump became president.  He understood that.  The powerful, especially the Koch Bros., didn't want him in office and some in power still don't want him.

Epstein didn't actually die in the prison.  He died in the hospital they took him to after they found him.  Too many people outside of the prison have now seen his body for him to be alive.  If they were going to move him, they would have done it straight from the prison.  You don't introduce a trail of witnesses between the prison and the hospital for no reason.

Also, Elvis isn't alive and neither is Tupac Shakur. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

Man...are you really that gullible? And WSJ of all sources?   

Air tight counter-point!  :rolleyes:

Argue just the source instead of the facts as they are presented.  That's the hallmark of an intellectual!

Obviously you and all of the other people who read and post on social media and who love conspiracies are more of an authority than multiple sources who are actually reporting on this.

Multiple sources are saying the exact same things as the WSJ.  Google them and read instead of joining the idiot conspiracy mob on Twitter.

Edited by SabreFan1
added "just"
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Equally opportunity degenerate....

I'll wait to see where the evidence goes before I accuse. 

If Trump is implicated, he can't be charged until he's out of office. 

If Clinton is implicated, they'll need multiple eyewitnesses to go along with physical evidence for that to go anywhere.

The guy was a Billionaire who donated to plenty of politicians over the decades.  More names are likely to be forthcoming.  Some will be innocent money-grubbers, others will likely have participated.  I can see Trump and Clinton being in either camp.  Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Baer. said:

Right. This has gone beyond a partisan issue. There are people of all sides related to this. I've seen people say "it's the clintons!" Or "it's the trumps!". It's actually both and more.

The thing is how many were just looking to get into his pocketbook and how many were looking to join in the sex.  All of the politicians are guaranteed to have wanted money, but how many took that little bit extra.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The thing is how many were just looking to get into his pocketbook and how many were looking to join in the sex.  All of the politicians are guaranteed to have wanted money, but how many took that little bit extra.

TBH, you might be more successful in getting this very valid point across, if you start making sh*t up. 

Unfortunately, that’s the way it it is these days...

• Cheers 1