The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jeffrey Epstein, accused sex trafficker, dies by suicide

Canorth

On 8/11/2019 at 10:36 AM, gurn said:

The fact that Epstein was already in court, convicted and did some time means your statement is wrong.

Why don't you do some research on his "conviction" and the time he "served" in the first case and all the details that are public information: 

On June 30, 2008, after Epstein pleaded guilty to a state charge (one of two) of procuring for prostitution a girl below age 18,[83] he was sentenced to 18 months in prison. While most convicted sex offenders in Florida are sent to state prison, Epstein was instead housed in a private wing of the Palm Beach County Stockade and, according to the sheriff's office, was after 3 12 months allowed to leave the jail on "work release" for up to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. This contravened the sheriff's own policies requiring a maximum remaining sentence of 10 months and making sex offenders ineligible for the privilege. He was allowed to come and go outside of specified release hours.[76]

Epstein's cell door was left unlocked, and he had access to the attorney room where a television was installed for him, before he was moved to the stockade's previously unstaffed infirmary. He worked at the office of a foundation he had created shortly before reporting to jail; he dissolved it after he had served his time. The Sheriff's Office received $128,000 from Epstein's non-profit to pay for the costs of extra services being provided during his work release. His office was monitored by "permit deputies" whose overtime was paid by Epstein. They were required to wear suits, and checked in "welcomed guests" at the "front desk". Later the Sheriff's Office said these guest logs were destroyed per the department's "records retention" rules (although inexplicably the Stockade visitor logs were not).[84] He was allowed to use his own driver to drive him between jail and his office and other appointments.[76][84]

Epstein in 2013

Epstein in 2013, photographed for sex offender registry

Epstein served almost 13 months before being released for a year of probation on house arrest until August 2010. While on probation he was allowed numerous trips on his corporate jet to his residences in Manhattan and the U.S. Virgin Islands. He was allowed long shopping trips and to walk around Palm Beach "for exercise".[76]

After a contested hearing in January 2011, and an appeal, he stayed registered in New York State as a "level three" (high risk of repeat offense) sex offender, a lifelong designation.[85][86] At that hearing the Manhattan District Attorney argued unsuccessfully that the level should be reduced to a low-risk "level one" and was chided by the judge. Despite opposition from Epstein's lawyer that he had a "main" home in the U.S. Virgin Islands, the judge confirmed he personally must check in with the New York Police Department every 90 days. Though Epstein had been a level-three registered sex offender in New York since 2010, the New York Police Department never enforced the 90-day regulation, though non-compliance is a felony.[82]

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

It could be. If you hung yourself from a bridge. 

I believe that due to the height of the cell, he can't even hang the regular way.  At most, he can maybe lean/sit to hang himself.

It would only stop the blood flowing to the brain, not broken bone.  

In regards to the camera... I'm assuming the whole complex should have them everywhere.  Shouldn't someone be investigating every single one?

• Cheers 1

'Only 31 cases of traumatic hyoid fracture, other than strangulation have been documented'....said one of the Drs...yep, this still stinks. 

Thanks @Warhippy

What medical examiner would be brave enough to call this anything but a suicide?

I sure as heck wouldn't, I'm not a fan of cement booties.

This will fade away into the footnotes of the things 0.01%er's get to do.

Former bodyguard. 

Seems nervous in this article, not wanting to comment on what he told this interviewer in the past.

Doesn't think it was suicide...but doesn't want to get into it. When asked why...."Listen, you know, that’s going a little too deep."

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/08/jeffrey-epsteins-bodyguard-igor-zinoviev-on-his-old-boss.html

Hey conspiracy theory nutjobs, watch Netflix's new limited series "The Family".  I know most of you go all gaga over and believe whole heartedly in most YouTube conspiracy videos.  A Netflix conspiracy theory program about a global cabal should get your juices flowing and get this thread humming faster... 

https://www.netflix.com/title/80063867

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:14 AM, Warhippy said:

He accidentally fell down the stairs 17 times.

He shot himself in the back of the head twice

Ya this just raises a LOT more questions than it does answers

The guy in this clip seems to have inadvertently shot down the conspiracy theories. First, going on about how we don't know what the ME's verdict is going to be, while talking about how thorough and professional she is.

There was also the bit about how they were going to look at video footage of the hallway, to see if anyone entered Epstein's cell and a toxicology analysis, to see if he had been "given anything"....

His claim was the he wasn't "rooting" for a particular verdict, but I think he's being coy. I doubt he was overjoyed by the ME's ruling.

12 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Hey conspiracy theory nutjobs, watch Netflix's new limited series "The Family".  I know most of you go all gaga over and believe whole heartedly in most YouTube conspiracy videos.  A Netflix conspiracy theory program about a global cabal should get your juices flowing and get this thread humming faster... 

https://www.netflix.com/title/80063867

Is it fiction? Or a doc? 

I'm only interested in the truth.

Can I play it on my microwave? or is that just a listening device? 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Is it fiction? Or a doc? 

You can play it on the microwave, or the Espresso machine.....but make sure you use at least 16 bit encryption, otherwise the Illuminati will slip some Polonium into your next Hot Pocket...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Is it fiction? Or a doc? 

Is the organization that they talk about made up?  No.

Is it highly dramatized and does the person who made the series assign more power to the group than they have?  Absolutely by a country mile. 

Think, a modern day Fundamental Christianized Illuminati conspiracy theory.

The leader of "The Family" died a couple of years ago of a heart attack.  These people played a major part injecting christian fundamentalism into politics (with Pat Robertson being the other big influence).  They are at their core just another influence in the halls of power.

The series makes it seem like Washington and other parts of the world are singularly enthralled and obedient.  The only thing that Washington and most other places are absolutely obedient to is money.

• Thanks 1

I know CNN is "Fake News!" and all, but this article might add a bit of clarity to all the "hyoid bone" hysteria:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/media/epstein-washington-post-reliable-sources/index.html

In a story published Thursday morning, the Washington Post broke news that Jeffrey Epstein's autopsy had found "multiple breaks in his neck bones." WaPo played this revelation up, saying it is "deepening the mystery about the circumstances around his death."

The Post's story helped fuel conspiracy theories surrounding Epstein's death, which authorities have called an apparent suicide. But, according to medical experts I spoke to Thursday, the evidence presented in WaPo's story was actually consistent with suicidal hangings. Let's walk through this...

The hyoid bone

At the heart of WaPo's story was the revelation that among the broken bones in Epstein's neck was the hyoid bone. As WaPo reported, such breaks are associated with "victims of homicide by strangulation." That is true.
BUT, as WaPo also reported, "Such breaks can occur in those who hang themselves, particularly if they are older." Epstein was 66.
And yet the story seemed to concentrate on the broken hyoid bone to paint a picture of possible foul play...

What Sanjay Gupta told me

To get a better understanding of this, I spoke on the phone with Sanjay Gupta, CNN's chief medical correspondent. Gupta immediately noted that "once you get beyond 40 or 50" the hyoid bone "becomes much more brittle and easier to break." Again, Epstein was 66.
But what Gupta found most interesting was that, in its totality, the autopsy results presented in WaPo's story actually were more consistent with a suicidal hanging than a strangulation. Why? Because of the multiple broken neck bones.
"It actually suggests much more strongly that it was hanging versus strangulation," Gupta explained. "You wouldn't break those other bones during a strangulation."

What other experts told me

I obviously wanted to check in with some other medical experts to get a second, third, and even fourth opinion. I spoke on the phone with Gerald Rodts, chief of spinal surgery at the Emory Clinic. He said, "The presence of other broken bones in his neck, from a guy 66 years old, is very consistent with suicidal hanging." Rodts agreed that "classically with strangulation, you don't see broken bones. It's not common. That's what really kind of goes against that theory."
I also talked with Bill Lloyd, a surgeon board-certified in both ophthalmology and anatomic pathology, with training in forensic pathology. He cautioned against even looking at the hyoid bone, calling it "meaningless" and saying he was "not persuaded that [Epstein] didn't hang himself."
"Stay away from it," Lloyd said. "It doesn't indicate anything." Lloyd added, "You can twist the hyoid bone theory to tell whatever story you want to tell. It just gives naysayers the ability to advance whatever conspiracy theories they want to tell."
Finally, I chatted with Cyril Wecht, a high-profile forensic pathologist who had previously expressed some suspicion about Epstein's death. But, he too explained, if the possibility of force during the hanging could be shown, "and if there are cervical vertebrae fractures, and a fractured hyoid bone, I would say that is more consistent with a hanging in that fashion than it would be a strangulation."

WaPo's own expert: Hyoid bone break "does not exclude suicidal hanging"

In the second paragraph of WaPo's story, the newspaper cited "forensics experts." Only one such expert was quoted in the piece: Jonathan Arden, president of the National Association of Medical Examiners. I couldn't get in touch with Arden on Thursday, but he also expressed caution to WaPo.
"If, hypothetically, the hyoid bone is broken, that would generally raise questions about strangulation, but it is not definitive and does not exclude suicidal hanging," Arden said in WaPo's piece.
After this story was first published, Arden released a statement in which he said that, in addition to strangulation, "fractures of the hyoid bone" are "well recognized" to "occur in suicidal hangings." Arden noted that such a fracture "is not a definitive finding that by itself determines that a death was a homicide, or by itself distinguishes a homicidal strangulation from a suicidal hanging." He added that "any autopsy finding must be interpreted in the context of the totality of all the findings and the investigation into the circumstances of death."
So again, why did WaPo seem to hype this, given that authorities have said the death was caused by apparent suicide?

"Incomplete data with incomplete information"

When I spoke with Gupta, I asked him for his thoughts on how WaPo presented the autopsy results they had obtained. "They use incomplete data with incomplete information to try and draw a conclusion about the cause of death and to suggest it was a strangulation," Gupta said. "We can't possibly know that with as little information as was presented."

How it played in the fever swamps

While Gupta rightly noted that there are not enough details to make a conclusion, conspiracy theorists were more than happy to use WaPo's story as evidence Epstein was murdered. InfoWars, for instance, declared that it was now "official" that Epstein "was murdered." Other less-than-reliable sites and personalities behaved similarly...

WaPo's response

I checked in with a WaPo spokesperson Thursday evening. I asked why only one forensic expert was quoted in the piece, when the story cited multiple experts in the second paragraph. I asked why other experts, like the ones I spoke with who said the evidence in its totality was more consistent with suicidal hanging than strangulation, were not quoted. And I asked how the evidence laid out in the piece served in "deepening questions around" Epstein's death.
The spokesperson replied in an email saying the newspaper was "not 'leaning into' any theory," adding that the story "makes absolutely clear from the beginning that suicide remains a distinct possibility."
The spokesperson said that the story cited a study which "produced conflicting results about the likelihood of hyoid break in a suicide," stressing though that the "experts we spoke to said that this break is more common in strangulation."
The WaPo spokesperson concluded, "What we said throughout the piece is that this requires greater investigation."

• Upvote 1

I bet Mohamed Al-Fayed would respect my claim from the first page of this thread.

British Royal Family.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49411215

You know, Andrew kept hanging out with Epstein even after he 'served' his first sentence. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibDCJ_CQKAY

You know, Fergie once admitted to being paid $15000 by Epstein, to get her out of debt? does that sound right? I hear Sarah is back with Andrew recently, that looks good....hmmm bet she's receiving better diamonds than Kobi's wife these days.

Did anyone see my tinfoil chapeau? I think I left it in this thread somewhere. 

Edited by bishopshodan