The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Archaeology news and discussion.

189lb enforcers?

I once heard a pod cast speaking about the first humans in New Zealand theorising  that they were actually white. The Maori hate the idea as it challenges a first peoples status. I believe the idea comes from how drastically different some of their ancient art is.

I did a quick search and could not find much on it other that some strange sites going on about all sorts.

Anyone know anything about this idea? any sites with info?

When I was in school and reading books, I always had the feeling that I was being deceived, just enough. I know that seems ridiculous and without merit, but it’s true. 

When I looked at what the Smithsonian Institute and even National Geographic were portraying as far as the peopling of the Americas, for instance, I was confused. Genetics is trying to prove or disprove many narratives, but like Paleoarchaelogy, there seems to be some highly organized effort to keep the narrative of our past within certain lines. 

As an aside, I’m happy to be part Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon. I appear to be very much differently related to other hominids from our past origins. This is nothing to be ashamed about. Time is much less relative than I once thought, concerning my ancestry. When I look at the faces of others, it’s like I can see other hominid traits. It’s all very cool, but wow, a political nightmare.

I have a collection of Artifacts from Saskatchewan and BC, mostly around here in Kamloops, dating back some 6500 years, possibly more, according to my sources. I have a bone pipe, so cool. Looks like the kind the Spanish used, with a bowl, a bottom hole for draft and the pipe part. All quite short. My dream is to travel to the areas where I can find the remains of early hominids, stuff that millions of years old. 

I do not trust everything I read or see out there. It’s hard to admit that I don’t know how much I know is all BS. The Giants and the mounds in NA are truly astounding as far as discoveries go, but we’d rather talk about Trump, gender and all that. I hope this thread allows for us to be honest about or quests out of ignorance and about our origins, no matter how insane it gets or seems to each other. 

What was once laughed at by academia is now proof. 

Science appears governed by something larger than the scientific method.  

I feel for those before us, like Galileo, who were stifled by the same political powers as exist today. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I once heard a pod cast speaking about the first humans in New Zealand theorising  that they were actually white. The Maori hate the idea as it challenges a first peoples status. I believe the idea comes from how drastically different some of their ancient art is.

I did a quick search and could not find much on it other that some strange sites going on about all sorts.

Anyone know anything about this idea? any sites with info?

This is a theme in many regions of the world.

Wow, there is a lot to go over about that. I hope others have been following this as well. 

Good luck using a search engine to find facts.

Lately, like in the past year or less, my searches are almost completely misdirected and empty. We are being led away, at least I have been. Anyone else notice this trend when searching for such things?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

This is a theme in many regions of the world.

Wow, there is a lot to go over about that. I hope others have been following this as well. 

Good luck using a search engine to find facts.

Lately, like in the past year or less, my searches are almost completely misdirected and empty. We are being led away, at least I have been. Anyone else notice this trend when searching for such things?

I always assume it is the way I search. I understand that in this case, it is in a lot of people's interest to bury the truth( or even questions) about a first peoples authenticity. Like business searches you get the results based on who puts the most effort in to having them pop up first. Key words I guess, but it's awful. I hardly can ever figure out what sequence of words will get me to the actual info I want.

It's one of the reasons I visit CDC so much. I enjoy reading all the different opinions from very informed posters, I grow to trust some of them and then research the sources they provide.

I really like this topic you have started. I have a large ( huge)  Anunnaki tattoo down my right leg, haha and most of my extensive art work is along the same lines. I am not religious and really have no concrete thoughts on reality but I absolutely love hearing alternative ideas about the past. I, like you, do not think everything history tells us is correct at all. I think humans have been advanced a few times on this planet and even had technology that we to this day don't understand. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

The sites that interest me the most are those that are submerged in hundreds of feet of water.

These places are being found all over the planet. Some sites off the west coast of India are looking to be older than Gobekli Tepe and designed like functioning cities, but drowned in 200ft of water.

That butchered mastedon they found in San Diego is really interesting too. Carbon dated to about 100,000 yrs old, with tool marks on the bones and joints indicating it was butchered by humans, in North America 90,000 years before people were supposed to be here. Crazy

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Also, Doggerland  and who knows what off our own coast here in North America. 

You must have enjoyed the earlier link I provided then, totally cool, about Ancient Greece and area. Like you, I love finding these sites. They are everywhere, just not in our classrooms... 

I only wish I were alive when it’s all discovered. How fascinating to know it’s all set to change and we didn’t actually get born to Adam and Eve and their kids and from their Gawds. I mean, the whole story might be true, but way out of context as far as we are taught,

• Cheers 1

Philip Coppens, a regular on Ancient Aliens until his death, wrote some interesting books on the subject. Robert M Schoch and Robert Bauvall have proposed some interesting theories, such as the pyramids being 1000s of years older than is currently accepted. 

I enjoy these types of discussions but too often they devolve into name-calling, usually by those who can't tolerate threats to their world view. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, luckylager said:

The sites that interest me the most are those that are submerged in hundreds of feet of water.

These places are being found all over the planet. Some sites off the west coast of India are looking to be older than Gobekli Tepe and designed like functioning cities, but drowned in 200ft of water.

That butchered mastedon they found in San Diego is really interesting too. Carbon dated to about 100,000 yrs old, with tool marks on the bones and joints indicating it was butchered by humans, in North America 90,000 years before people were supposed to be here. Crazy

Traces of cocaine and nicotine were found in Egyptian mummies.

That's not supposed to be there - not at that point in time. https://www.ancient-origins.net/history/dealing-past-how-did-ancient-egyptians-get-nicotine-and-cocaine-009223

At this point in time, anything other than stating "traces of cocaine and nicotine were found in Egyptian mummies" is speculation, but it leads you to wonder how old the planet really is.

And while it's not as ancient as Gobekli Tepe, not much is known about the Kingdom Period of Rome, or the Sea Peoples which raided the Egyptian coasts. 

Just now, thejazz97 said:

That's not supposed to be there - not at that point in time. https://www.ancient-origins.net/history/dealing-past-how-did-ancient-egyptians-get-nicotine-and-cocaine-009223

At this point in time, anything other than stating "traces of cocaine and nicotine were found in Egyptian mummies" is speculation, but it leads you to wonder how old the planet really is.

And while it's not as ancient as Gobekli Tepe, not much is known about the Kingdom Period of Rome, or the Sea Peoples which raided the Egyptian coasts. 

Cocaine and nicotine? My bet is cross contamination from folks working on the mummies.

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pseudo-Archeology. 

Hancock is a hack, and has been a sensationalist writer for years. 

He twists stories to fit his narrative. 

Agree, kind of. He has some hits in there with the tabloid stuff though... some. 

What is your go-to source?

What kinds of Archeological stuff are you into? 

I’m not that interested in aliens as much as I am about life before the younger dryas, astrological calendars bla bla bla. 

Pick a rabbit hole. Any one door will consume you if you’re the type to search for truth.

Truth, is there such a thing? Is it all subjective, relative to time, which is probably also an illusion of some kind. It was a split second ago, time-wise, that we trilobites started using the available light wave radiation to enhance our lowly senses. I can’t begin to imagine what our senses do not sense about what’s around us. There are so many levels and spectrums to be expressed in this thread. I’d hope it didn’t turn into a Hancock episode or that Aliens guy with the weird hair meme. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

The mummies were debunked a little while back but here's what I recall -

In the early 1900's the elites were begging for "Egyptian Mummies" to add to their collection of artifacts. Unbeknownst to them, they were being sold Central and South American (Inca, Maya and Aztec) mummies because they were readily available and had no mummy market of their own.

Central and South Americans have been using coco leaves and tobacco for millennia. 

Just saying.

Leads me to an interesting point - The Coast Salish have legends of visitors long before the European invasion. They talk of "the tea people", " gold people" and, you guessed it "white man".

It was supposed to be a bad omen if the "white people" returned..

Also, the Maori cave drawings in Bella Coola are crazy. The characters are exactly the Maori characters from about 10000 yrs ago. What else is cool about it is that there's a Maori legend of the 7 great families who tied their rafts and canoes to a giant kelp bed which was uprooted in a winter storm and then circumnavigated the pacific before returning to New Zealand 7 years later with only one family left. That last family claimed to have dropped different families off at protected harbours enroute.

Legends are pretty interesting. The stories had to have come from somewhere

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1