The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Tales From The Dungeon [Game over; Mafia win)

Rate this topic

AV.

52 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

112 4 Because 1+1+2 = 4

Pfffft.. Does not!

I assumed 112 was starting fibonacci when we first met on CDC, until 112 told me 112 is a RnB boyband.

Then I was like - whoa, that dude is so gay. But whatevs, there's nothing wrong with that. I know gay dudes. No biggie 

And then she told me she was a girl, and I was like - oh, totally not a gay dude, I'm such a prejudiced &^@# on so many levels. I should work on that.

And dick joke

That is not the golden ratio because the golden ratio is an irrational number. In fact the golden ratio is an actual ratio 1:1.6180327... 

The golden number is actually the denominator of that ratio or it’s inverse.

As the Fibonacci sequence increases, dividing the last number by its predecessor alternates getting you closer to the limit of the golden ratio from either side but never reaching it. 

Obviously dividing the preceding number by the last number brings you closer to the inverse number.

1/1 = 1

2/1 = 2

3/2 = 1.5

5/3 = 1.666...

8/5 = 1.6

13/8 = 1.625

21/13 = 1.615...

34/21 = 1.619...

2,584/1,597 = 1.61803381

This is how the golden ratio and the Fibonacci sequence are related but they are not the same thing. The Fibonacci sequence allows for the calculation of the Golden number.

If you would like to hear the sequence used in music listen to Lateralus by Tool. The beats and the lyrics follow Fibonacci patterns.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Aladeen said:

That is not the golden ratio because the golden ratio is an irrational number. In fact the golden ratio is an actual ratio 1:1.6180327... 

The golden number is actually the denominator of that ratio or it’s inverse.

As the Fibonacci sequence increases, dividing the last number by its predecessor alternates getting you closer to the limit of the golden ratio from either side but never reaching it. 

Obviously dividing the preceding number by the last number brings you closer to the inverse number.

1/1 = 1

2/1 = 2

3/2 = 1.5

5/3 = 1.666...

8/5 = 1.6

13/8 = 1.625

21/13 = 1.615...

34/21 = 1.619...

2,584/1,597 = 1.61803381

This is how the golden ratio and the Fibonacci sequence are related but they are not the same thing. The Fibonacci sequence allows for the calculation of the Golden number.

If you would like to hear the sequence used in music listen to Lateralus by Tool. The beats and the lyrics follow Fibonacci patterns.

Whoa!

I use the Fibonacci scale for a few things, and maybe that was subconsciously impressed upon me by my decades long use of tool.

Lateralus being my favorite album to boot. Awesome.

And holy &^@#, mind blown. I've used the Fibonacci for arts, carpentry and gardening purposes and it always works to create curves with that golden smoothness. 

The Corrupt Correctional Force was up to their usual tricks and decide to incarcerate a bunch of innocent people that they would plan to torture and kill.

--

Everybody should have received a private message that looks similar to this

Spoiler

You are a Prisoner (Town-Aligned).  You are one of several prisoners that were unfairly sent to the dungeon by the corrupt correctional force.  Your role is to help eliminate the corrupt correctional force.

The private message should indicate your alignment, your ability (if you have one), and your win condition.  

IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE ONE, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ASAP

THE GAME IS ON

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

Complete lack of scumhunting. Couldn't even handle any waterboarding.

Vote Aladeen

You know damn well it's an autoerotic asphyxiation fetish... that means I get to waterboard myself. You crossed some serious lines radish.