The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

canuck fan’s nationalities?

smithers joe

1 hour ago, BPA said:

I was born in Canada.

So my nationality is Canadian.

I hear this often but what of family gene history?  

I think most here are Canadian... But Canada as we know, is a young country and most of us still associate with our past lineage as reference but fully understand and are proud Canadians.  So, how about you?

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm Metis on both sides, but I wasn't raised with teachings or traditions, and I don't speak French or Cree, or any Indigenlous language. So, basically white lol

i don’t speak french or cree but i’m proud of the blood in me. being a heinz 57 i can connect with most nationalities. 

yes nux i did do one a few years ago but a lot of new members now. 

• Cheers 1

on my mom’s side, i get my metis, french, scotch, and to royalty in almost all european countries.  goes back to rollo the viking.

my dad was french from normandy france. my french families raided england in the 1100’s and weren’t popular with robin hood and the saxons.

my french ancestors settled acadia in the 1600’s and then became prevalent in canada;s history. 

on my mom’s side my ancestors started the northwest fur trading company which later melded into the hudson’s bay company. again very involved in canadian history. 

i’m sure i have relatives among the cajuns in louisiana. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BPA said:

I was born in Canada.

So my nationality is Canadian.

That would be my answer too because the OP is asking for your "nationality".  

If he wanted your roots/background, the proper question is "what is your ethnic background".

6 hours ago, smithers joe said:

my scottish ancestors came from inverness in the highlands. grant town on the spey. also the stewarts and bruces. robert the bruce. where are your ancestor’s from?

I have no ancestors of note.  Inverness is where they hail from.  I come from a long line of longshoremen and dock workers on my fathers side and Church ministers on my mothers side.  My grandfather had some great stories as a young boy in Inverness making his rounds as a pickpocket.  He was born in 1900.

Edited by dpn1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DonLever said:

If he wanted your roots/background, the proper question is "what is your ethnic background".

well, no one ever accused me of being smart. fortunately most people on here excuse my ignorance and play along.  

24 minutes ago, DonLever said:

LOL.

That's my standard reply when people ask me where I'm from.

Q:  Where are you from?

A:  Canada

Q: No. I mean where were you born?

A: I was born in Canada.

• Upvote 1