The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

canuck fan’s nationalities?

smithers joe

33 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As the old joke goes:

How was copper wire invented?

Two Scotsmen fighting over a penny.....

i like the one about a scotsman who dropped a dime in the toilet, he quickly took out a quarter and threw it in. when ask why he did that, he said, you don’t think i’ld put my hand down there for just a dime?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Mostly Japanese and German ... all the bad guys.

neither are bad guys. canada is made up of all peoples. diversified country. that reminds me of a book called bounds of wire. a canadian pilot was shot down over germany during the 2nd world war, the german guards were friendly and several civilians helped him escaped and he used to go back every year after the war to visit the friends he had gained during that time. that was a good book. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/14/2019 at 6:16 PM, smithers joe said:

neither are bad guys. canada is made up of all peoples. diversified country. that reminds me of a book called bounds of wire. a canadian pilot was shot down over germany during the 2nd world war, the german guards were friendly and several civilians helped him escaped and he used to go back every year after the war to visit the friends he had gained during that time. that was a good book. 

I’ve posted this link before, but check this little heralded battle in WWII:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Castle_Itter

I’m posting link again because I think people should know about this.  I said then, I’m shocked Hollywood hasn’t made a movie about it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I’ve posted this link before, but check this little heralded battle in WWII:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Castle_Itter

I’m posting link again because I think people should know about this.  I said then, I’m shocked Hollywood hasn’t made a movie about it.

Very cool story. It says down near the bottom that a movie is planned:

A movie of the incident, titled The Last Battle and directed by Peter Landesman, is planned for development by Studiocanal. A release date has not yet been confirmed.[42][43] The movie is a film adaptation of Stephen Harding's book of the same name.

• Cheers 1