The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Goldobin(Van) for B. Lemieux(NYR)

Straight up trade Goldy for B. Lemieux

I know NYR are tight to the cap just like we might be after we sign Boeser etc. But we swap a skilled player who doesn't seem to fit with our team and gain a bottom 6 guy with grit.

Could expand the deal to NYR sending Namestnikov (1m retained) 3m cap hit and we send them back Schaller. 1.9m cap hit.That frees up another 1.1m in wiggle room for the Rags. We can then try to flip Namestnikov before the season gets going or at the TDL. I am sure most will say NYR wont do that deal but it would give them a bit more cap space flexibility

Or... Just Goldy for Lemieux

The NYR need that grit that Lemieux brings..I will go further and say the Jets really missed Lemieux style of play in the playoffs...

So Rangers will pass on Goldy..I do really like Lemieux, lots of energy grit and decent skill and he can fight..

Edited by wildcam
  • Upvote 1

On 8/15/2019 at 7:14 AM, hammertime said:

JB added the one thing MG could never seem to procure via trade or FA. Top 6 quality sandpaper.

I hope Ferland brings that GRIT level on a nightly basis. Interested to see what he will do for us. Was disappointed in his playoffs, seemed like a ghost when I watched the games anyway.

We need these off season moves to pan out. GM JB on the other hand doesn't need to worry. Owners coughed up an extension before even seeing how these recent moves will pan out. Jumping the gun a bit imo. Just like when we extended Sutter before he played a game for us. But it is what it is, lets hope for a good season for the whole group of Canucks.

Lemieux would be great as he is a cheap addition, better suited player to have in that bottom 6 area than someone like Goldy. Who unless we had a better 3C then maybe he could do well on a 3rd line here

14 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I hope Ferland brings that GRIT level on a nightly basis. Interested to see what he will do for us. Was disappointed in his playoffs, seemed like a ghost when I watched the games anyway.

We need these off season moves to pan out. GM JB on the other hand doesn't need to worry. Owners coughed up an extension before even seeing how these recent moves will pan out. Jumping the gun a bit imo. Just like when we extended Sutter before he played a game for us. But it is what it is, lets hope for a good season for the whole group of Canucks.

Lemieux would be great as he is a cheap addition, better suited player to have in that bottom 6 area than someone like Goldy. Who unless we had a better 3C then maybe he could do well on a 3rd line here

Highly doubt he is available for Goldy 

• Upvote 2

I do like the Goldy for Lemieux proposal tho. 

Although now Gorton now has to sign Goldy which might be easier as Im sure he would accept a 1yr show me deal.

Our 4th line needs a good mucker like that. LA thrived on having Clifford acting as a missile, same as when we had Raffi Torres.

They just need to be harnessed into not taking stupid penalties