The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Baumgartner should he stay or should he go?

Rate this topic

EP-40

Baumgartner   

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's not be under any(Biblical) allusions..it's HARD to make a silk purse from a sow's ear! For 5 yrs we've smeared Lip-stic* on this porker, & banked some good youth.

So give these guys a decent chance with a clean slate, & deeper roster.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
lol..tried to post lip-stick, & it still comes up as BLeipsic!

10 hours ago, EP-40 said:

Well since it's slow I figured I'd start a topic about something that I've rarely seen discussed. I think we have room for improvement in all aspects of the team, Coaching included.

Ever since green was hired and he made sure Baumgartner got his nhl promotion I've been a little salty. Our defense has clearly not been our best asset. The collapse and the triangle are woefully inadequate coaching techniques.

To put it simply I dont think Baumgartner is qualified to be an nhl assistant coach. I think he should be replaced asap.

I also dont think green is the coach to take us to the promised lands. I wish we had gone after q, but I digress.. if green is road blocking the replacement of baumer I would push for his removal as well.

Sorry for the negative outlook it's really my only major gripe with the team. I'd take Loui over baumer any day.

Sorry to say this but this is the worst topic discussion I have  every read on here . Go  after Q ha ha ha. You are so funny why would he come here. ? Time to say what needs to be said we are not good enough period . Build threw the draft. BAUMGARTNER is fine .

• Thanks 1

The system has to be replaced, way too passive collapsing caused too many chances and then having the forwards not providing another option along the boards for outlet passes led to way too many turnovers.  That's what I noticed upsetted EP40 the most, the D couldn't get him the puck because he's the center and the wingers weren't on the boards like other teams do.  That's why Guddy had a much easier time, and said as much, in Pittsburgh.  I don't know the ins and out of coaching duties but I think that falls on Baumer.  True, he didn't have much to work with but that system they employed still has to go.  

• Wat 1

12 hours ago, EP-40 said:

Well since it's slow I figured I'd start a topic about something that I've rarely seen discussed. I think we have room for improvement in all aspects of the team, Coaching included.

Ever since green was hired and he made sure Baumgartner got his nhl promotion I've been a little salty. Our defense has clearly not been our best asset. The collapse and the triangle are woefully inadequate coaching techniques.

To put it simply I dont think Baumgartner is qualified to be an nhl assistant coach. I think he should be replaced asap.

I also dont think green is the coach to take us to the promised lands. I wish we had gone after q, but I digress.. if green is road blocking the replacement of baumer I would push for his removal as well.

Sorry for the negative outlook it's really my only major gripe with the team. I'd take Loui over baumer any day.

Negative / complaining posters on CDC.....should they stay or should they go? 

7F07B06E-5DA9-4A97-B9B8-83B75AC08469.jpeg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Edler's done pretty well under Baumer.   We've overhauled half our defense, so I'd like to see how the new group does before passing judgement.  I do really like Greener and want him to stay, but he's likely the fall guy if we miss the playoffs.

I’ve always maintained that there no way Green becomes the fall gay.  Willie D was that.  Rare that GMs get to hire and fire two head coaches unless they’ve been making the postseason with regularity. IF, and that’s a big IF, Greens job is in jeopardy, then so is Benning’s.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

I moaned about his system and occasionally his pairs / deployment last season, especially in GDT's.

But in retrospect he didn't have much to work with for most of the year. The only solid piece of evidence against Baumer would be Guddy's turn around in Pits playing in a better system.

So even as someone who wouldn't be disappointed if he were fired, I think he deserves an opportunity with a real d-corp. Give him til Christmas

We've been a rebuilding team with one of the worst defensive squads in the NHL leading to overtaxed (and hence frequently injured) top D in Edler and Tanev.

I'd like to see what Baumer can do with more depth, more skill (and hence, hopefully less injuries) before passing judgement.

Same goes for Brown on the PP (before someone makes that thread) now that he'll actually have capable PP D (Hughes, Myers, healthy Edler) to choose from/use on 2 units and help take some of the focus off of EP40/Boeser, AKA make us more dynamic, less one dimensional, able to break out and harder to defend.

Edited by aGENT

16 minutes ago, luckylager said:

The only solid piece of evidence against Baumer would be Guddy's turn around in Pits playing in a better system.

To be fair, that's more dependent on where the forwards are, which isn't particularly Baumer's wheelhouse and is also partly experience and ability of players (as well as (forward) coaching/systems).

(I also don't think Gudbranson was ever placed with a suitable, complimentary partner other than the short stint with Edler. Nor did he particularly suit how Green seems to want the team to play...which I place largely at Benning's feet...but that water's long under the bridge and way out to sea by now.)

Edited by aGENT

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

The system has to be replaced, way too passive collapsing caused too many chances and then having the forwards not providing another option along the boards for outlet passes led to way too many turnovers.  That's what I noticed upsetted EP40 the most, the D couldn't get him the puck because he's the center and the wingers weren't on the boards like other teams do.  That's why Guddy had a much easier time, and said as much, in Pittsburgh.  I don't know the ins and out of coaching duties but I think that falls on Baumer.  True, he didn't have much to work with but that system they employed still has to go.  

Bull Crap

34 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I moaned about his system and occasionally his pairs / deployment last season, especially in GDT's.

But in retrospect he didn't have much to work with for most of the year. The only solid piece of evidence against Baumer would be Guddy's turn around in Pits playing in a better system.

So even as someone who wouldn't be disappointed if he were fired, I think he deserves an opportunity with a real d-corp. Give him til Christmas

You have No Idea

37 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I’ve always maintained that there no way Green becomes the fall gay.  Willie D was that.  Rare that GMs get to hire and fire two head coaches unless they’ve been making the postseason with regularity. IF, and that’s a big IF, Greens job is in jeopardy, then so is Benning’s.

We are not good enough yet dont place this at the coaches feet Benning is the fall guy

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

To be fair, that's more dependent on where the forwards are, which isn't particularly Baumer's wheelhouse and is also partly experience and ability of players (as well as (forward) coaching/systems).

(I also don't think Gudbranson was ever placed with a suitable, complimentary partner other than the short stint with Edler. Nor did he particularly suit how Green seems to want the team to play...which I place largely at Benning's feet...but that water's long under the bridge and way out to sea by now.)

Good point. Pits forward set up is more fluid and allows more outlet options.

7 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

You have No Idea

So I shouldn't give him another chance? 

Oh well, I'll try to give him until Christmas before I start moaning about him.

• Cheers 1