The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Baumgartner should he stay or should he go?

Rate this topic

EP-40

Baumgartner   

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

SJ, Calgary too.

SJ lost most of their 2nd line and Captain, and Calgary got career years from everyone to go along with AHL quality goaltending.  They will come down to earth and I would be shocked if the Flames make the playoffs.

I'm a few day late to this thread but I want to put my two cents on his coaching.  I am not a fan of his style as an assistant coach and I want him to be gone.  I do not really like the usage of his defensemen and his match-up can be scratch-headed moves.    If the Canucks do not play well with defensive zone or even offensive zone, you know the main culprit and that's Baaumgartner.   So we'll see how it will be played out from the start and if it's the same old story, fire him asap.   I feel that by the time he is gone, it will be too late and hard to change the team in mid-season for the defensemen.   The first pass Is the key and Baumgartner can't coach that part of the game and it's reflective on the team's overall play from last season.  So I will wait and see how the new player can mesh with this group and if it improves.   The thing I will be looking for is the first pass and if they can't do it from the start, it's on the assistant coach.   

My first thought is who has he had to coach? We all know that our defense has been poor, but could another coach have gotten more out of the players he's had to work with? Even the best coach will be limited in his effectiveness by guys who just aren't talented enough to play in the NHL.

On 8/20/2019 at 10:55 PM, King Heffy said:

SJ lost most of their 2nd line and Captain, and Calgary got career years from everyone to go along with AHL quality goaltending.  They will come down to earth and I would be shocked if the Flames make the playoffs.

SJ lost Pavs but still have 2 defenseman on their roster better than any we've had in 50 years.

Calgary's prime for some kind of regression, but there team is led by younger players & they have a good D-core. Unless a season goes right off the rails, their good enough to be a consistent playoff team.