The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Five Most Poorly Managed Teams(Edm, Ott & 3 more)

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, apollo said:

I don't like all this hate for Canadian teams... We're hating on fellow Canadians. What part of that is good for our nation? 

Here's my list of top 5 worst managed 

1. LA Kings... Won a couple cups when their guys realized doing coke between periods... Now they are back to being awful. Look for them to be last in the division this year. 

2. Florida Dumpsters... Terrible franchise, absolutely terrible. They only managed to win 2 games for Luongo in the playoffs his entire panther career. 

3. Sabers 

4. Blackhawks... Have 0 real success if you realize the old boys club had their backs for all their cups 

5. Arizona... No success 

I needed a good laugh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1- Oilers

-Larsson for Hall

-Griffen Reinhart for picks 16 (Barzal)and 33 (Beaulivier) 

-Eberle for Strome-Spooner-Gagner 

Those three moves alone puts them in their own territory for mis managed teams. After them, there’s a good half dozen teams that could be number 2. And our Canucks being one of them. 

Edited by SergioMomesso
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

OTT has a boat load of young high end talent. Their rebuild is starting to look good already.  

They got lucky EK and Duchene didn't want to stay and sign extensions. Got good return. 

The defenseman Brannstrom they got for Stone from Vegas is a stud. 

Plus they have 5 picks in first two rounds next year..

They're going to be a very good team in 3 years. 

• Cheers 1

Edmonton and Ottawa are easy choices here. I'll throw Minnesota in there. I feel like they had a real good nucleus but for some reason they just can't get over the 1st round hump. It's gotten so bad that ownership doesn't even wanna be buyers at the deadline anymore cause it doesn't lead to anything and they are in a mini retool from wasting so many assets. They never had super high highs or really low lows but suffering mediocrity almost feels worse. Your post season enjoyment is short lived and the draft day has nothing of real note to offer.

2016 they didn't have a 2nd rounder, 2017 they didn't have a 1st or 2nd rounder, 2018 no 2nd rounder but like three 3rd rounders, 2019 had a 1st and a couple 2nd rounders and that's cause they were tired of buying and not getting anywhere. 

Feel like Dallas is much of the same as Minnie. Except a bit worse since they are in and out of the playoffs like a revolving door. Wasting Seguin and Benn's prime years. Even the cheat code Ben Bishop hasn't really helped. LA got hit the same way we got hit. Right in the face by father time. Team looks slow and it's really quite sad seeing a top dog team fall like that. Gave me PTSD from the 2011 Canucks collapse. Hard to say that's on management, sometimes the team just gets old and your time is up. Not every team can be like the Detroit Red Wings and just win for 20 years.