The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign GM Jim Benning to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

52 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I think he's learning well.  Most of the moves I had an issue with came in the first couple of years, and even those I understand better when taken as part of the overall strategy.  Seeing Benning take EP and then watching CDC melt down was all I needed to be confident that Benning is far smarter than us.  Excited to see the team next year, with even more great prospects ready to break in.

yep you have seen the light  brother  , yes everything does take time  yep first years were rocky . but we are on the right road

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Butt he tradez my fuhrst roundah!!!

Wait to see if he recoups a first rounder and How the season goes before passing judgement. If we win a cup 2-3-4 years down the road I'm sure your not worried about "tradez my fuhrst roundah"

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, the grinder said:

what a bunch of crap   , really ,  ummm how is that loungo contract helping the canucks lately?  ya benning had guddy but don't forget  mikey g had garrision   or did you conveniently forget that ?   what about Higgins he handed him a nice contract with ntc clause  , and how many other ntc did mikey g hand out , like every frigging contract , remember those?    and how many gillis,s draft picks  made the nhl    like  5   schiender  Horvat hodgson and Jensen  , Jordan shroeder . , benning ;s  first draft he snagged 5 players that played nhl games .

oh btw  gillis walked in with most of the pieces in place  , where as jim  was left with nothing  except Horvat  and a aging core loaded with ntc . Thanks to the mess ole mikey g left

so mike g is the greatest gm ever ?    ummm how come he hasn't worked since then  , you think teams would be all over him   but they are not  right?

#should'vegottinridofgillissooner

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, teepain said:

LOL @ people who think gillis is better. 

Use your brain , oh wait , did gillis give your brain a NO trade clause too?

If jb had a team at their peak you can bet he would trade away the 1st round picks to make a run. Your attitude to mg is naive. 

Edited by Where'd Luongo?
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bree2 said:

well I am super happy Benning is with our team for at least a few more years.  he has earned it.  I have to say I am so excited for this season to start and it is all because of Benning.  some on here doing nothing but complaining are truly not Canuck fans , they are only on here to stir up trouble and they have made themselves look so small. 

Where did he earn it

• Wat 2

11 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Its not about everything being good its about "show me what you've done lately"  Theres not one GM who hasn't made bad moves, and several more who can't draft worth a sh*t etc Gillis. Benning is showing improvement in all aspects of his job and deserves some respect, the crime is you don't give him any

I give him respect. When the club makes moves I like I give him full marks. I like that he's honest with the media. I loved the Pettersson pick, I think he did a great job bringing Travis Green on board. I just try to call it like I see it.

Even though I'm not fully on board with the Miller trade, I'm the most excited I've been in years for the start of the season. That should signal some kind of happiness or respect for the job done this offseason, no? I'm not up in arms about him getting an extension.

I think the extension is fair, I don't have a problem with it. Now we'll see how he can manage the cap, prepare for the ED, & surround the new core.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Fantastic news, I'm looking forward to seeing how this team competes, develops and gradually takes steps away from the bottom. JB hasn't done a perfect job, no gm does. But he's gone a good job and I like the way this team and prospect pool is trending.

Nice news right before the weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I just proved my point that some of you have no clue what you are on about.  do you even know what a rebuild is? I guess not. got to be an adult and understand the game first

Coming from a mg hater and a person who can't acknowledge that jb has made more terrible moves than I can count with one hand while having only succeeded in getting the right scouts? The scouts should get the extension, not jb.

• Wat 5