The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign GM Jim Benning to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Not really that hard to do when there’s already a good young core in place and all you need to do is make a few more moves to push it over the top. If Gillis was even average at drafting we would’ve been in the playoffs a couple years ago. 

Average at drafting is a compliment, but if I remember correctly we were a team players wanted to come to so why so many NT deals, that hurt us as much as the drafting

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, IRR said:

You’re ignorance / negativity is impressive!!! Go cheer for another team you so called fan!! 

Lol why because I said I like Gillis and I think jb should have been given an extension after this season instead of after a failed season?

I think you forgot what the word ignorant means. 

Edited by Where'd Luongo?
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

Littlethinger was an absolute no brainer at the time.

Proven scorer, coming to play with the twins. It was a perfect fit.

I can't even recall a single thread on this forum saying WTF?!?!?!? at the time.

It is not Benning's fault the guy has sucked.

First 2 seasons with Boston?

2 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Lol why because I said I like Gillis and I think jb should have been given an extension after this season instead of after a failed season?

What would your reaction be if Benning say, traded Grabner and a 1st round pick for a bottom pair defenseman making $4 million a year?

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, IRR said:

You’re ignorance / negativity is impressive!!! Go cheer for another team you so called fan!! 

Cheer? You think he's cheering? He's trolling and spreading negativity, kinda like Trump. Not  a fan maybe at best a band wagon jumper who's not on the wagon right now

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

He's being rewarded for putting together what appears to be a hell of a young core, from not the greatest draft positions.

And for fetching four reasonable UFA this off season, signalling that he is ready to push for the playoffs for real.

He's been pretty good, and getting better at his job.

Also, its pretty obvious that the ownership didnt't want a lame duck scenario at GM in their 50th anniversary season.

Things could be far worse in Vancouver. I think Benning's put together a very interesting team that is going to surprise.

2009 vibes for me.

Im also a fan of Benning, just wouldn't have extended him yet.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Dude.....do you see how people are responding to you negatively / how many people are arguing with you re: your option????? Just maybe you’re wrong??? It’s like a room with 10 people and 1 person is arguing with the other 9 who have the opposite opinion...who do you think is probably wrong in that scenario?! 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, IRR said:

Dude.....do you see how people are responding to you negatively / how many people are arguing with you re: your option????? Just maybe you’re wrong??? It’s like a room with 10 people and 1 person is arguing with the other 9 who have the opposite opinion...who do you think is probably wrong in that scenario?! 

News flash, opinions aren't wrong. You're just a person that can't take it when someone disagrees. A Liberal.

8 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Failed season? What team were you watching?

1 minute ago, Sbriggs said:

Cheer? You think he's cheering? He's trolling and spreading negativity, kinda like Trump. Not  a fan maybe at best a band wagon jumper who's not on the wagon right now

Pretty much! He says he’s a fan of JB, but he’s tearing him down, saying he shouldn’t have got an extension and won’t give him credit. Am I missing something?

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

He's being rewarded for putting together what appears to be a hell of a young core, from not the greatest draft positions.

And for fetching four reasonable UFA this off season, signalling that he is ready to push for the playoffs for real.

He's been pretty good, and getting better at his job.

Also, its pretty obvious that the ownership didnt't want a lame duck scenario at GM in their 50th anniversary season.

Things could be far worse in Vancouver. I think Benning's put together a very interesting team that is going to surprise.

2009 vibes for me.

Well said but he won't understand logic