Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Canucks sign GM Jim Benning to contract extension

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Oh God you are painful

Hey You know where the Block button is don't ya, if you need direction just ask anyone on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Look JB has his shortcomings, as did Gillis and every other GM as well....

 

But you say Gillis was fired for wanting to trade away our core lol? How do you know this? Cause handing out NTC and NMC to all of the core and even role players like Hansen and Higgins shows otherwise. And the goalie controversy that he created. Gillis crapped the bed towards the end big time.

 

Gillis did a good job pushing Burkes team over the edge to the finals but then he failed miserably.

 

Benning has made his fair share of mistakes and handed out some questionable contracts but his drafting is far better than anything Gillis ever did. 

 

Hes getting better and hes the right man for the job. Take your hater glasses off.

 

Lol Gillis wanted to trade the core lol... and I want to win the lottery.

Pretty much nailed it.  Gillis was at best an average GM.   If we kept Nonis we might of had a better result.  To take a page out of Where’s Loo’s book he was good at 1/3 of his job, which was keeping the core together - but with zero foresight for the future hence the clauses  so he gets a zero based on keeping the job for the transition which is part of the reason he was fired ha ha. 

 

Dont blame him at all for going all in, but he did a horrible job of extending things for a couple more years and trying to win with that team.  Instead he allowed things to get way out of hand by not doing anything about it.  Was a frustrating time as a fan.   

 

Fans that have known nothing but a whole lot of winning since the Sedins were drafted (second best winning percentage in the league over sixteen years) must find the transition hard, I get that too.   We didn’t have Linden to trade this time and get us the WCE team, and one Sedin, Luongo and eventually Markstrom.   The deal that keeps on giving.  Instead we got Horvat and Sutter - whoopie and that’s from a top teams core.  Ok Goldobin and Dahlen too.  And a few picks.   Pathetic really, thanks MG. 

 

Im stoked we didn’t keep MG any longer then we did.  I’m also stoked that we have JB, he’s done a lot better then I expected.   That’s because I have perspective.  Look what the EDM oilers of the 80’s got - way more then any team in history and yet they floundered.  NJ, COL, CAR and now DET all paid the piper for their cups and winning ways and a few are finally turning the corner after more then a decade...SJ is going to pay and pay hard in a few years too (they had the best winning percentage during the Sedins career).   PIT....paid too.   CHI too, they had a great team in the early 90’s.   

 

Now with soon to be 32 teams the odds of winning a cup have never been harder...kind of.  As the difference between a top playoff team and a wild card seed is a few goals here or there in a series.  Anything can happen.   So once we are in the 1/16 odds aren’t too shabby and the more cracks at it the better - sure JB and crew know this and glad they decided we are good enough to go for it.   Too early to call him bad or great but he certainly is doing much better then I expected.   Would give him a 7/10 - this 1/3 idea is delusional.   He drafts well we all know that, but he also signs well, both RFAs and UFAs with one flop in the lot in LE - all GMs over a 5 year period have one of those.  His trades might considered his most average area - but it’s not like we’ve lost our shirt either.  Most are fair, a few busts a few better then fair.  It’s not like MG made any blockbusters either  - he was most busy signing NTC/NMC to guys that wanted to be here as we were a top team that paid the 5th least taxes at the time (for all those complaint about our high taxes spend some time and do the research - taxes are a non-issue compared to all but 4 teams)  - his hands must have carpel tunnel syndrome because other then doing nothing when he should have been doing something,  he signed UFAs and guys already on the team for the most part.  

 

Big difference trying to sign guys to cap off a top team and trying to sign guys on a bottom team.  Can’t wait to see what JB can do after a few playoff runs...

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

No im not, you feel that way because of your feels and your flakey snow

Great argument...or lack of one! Just shows you can’t back up what you’re spewing! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Maybe I watched the wrong playoffs that over half the league takes part on. 

Wow, you just don't get it do ya. Smart like dump truck

Edited by Sbriggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pears said:

But you won’t be taken seriously if keep throwing the same crap at the wall hoping it sticks, like you’ve done. 

One mans crap is another mans treasure....

 

as u age u will gain wisdom

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

  Canuck fans can’t handle the truth and love  to tear down heroes like gillis and linden..

 

Gillis wasnt even that good of a GM- who did he bring in that helped the canucks become a contender? Luongo? Nope. Sedins ? nope. Kesler? Nope. Edler? Nope.

 

He brought in hamhuis Higgins,Ballard, Lapierre,sundin, demitra, mathieu scnheider and errorhof, wellfed. Horvat was brought in for corey schneider so that asset was already here.

 

GMJB has brought in, Boeser, Pettersson, miller, ferland, leivo, Baertschi, pearson, ferland, goldobin, hughes, podkolzin, myers to name a few. Hands down better.

 

If anyone argues of linden"s reason for leaving without any of us knowing the real reasoning is blowing smoke out their back door.

 

Linden is a saint! 

 

#InBenningWeTrust

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Pretty much nailed it.  Gillis was at best an average GM.   If we kept Nonis we might of had a better result.  To take a page out of Where’s Loo’s book he was good at 1/3 of his job, which was keeping the core together - but with zero foresight for the future hence the clauses  so he gets a zero based on keeping the job for the transition which is part of the reason he was fired ha ha. 

 

Dont blame him at all for going all in, but he did a horrible job of extending things for a couple more years and trying to win with that team.  Instead he allowed things to get way out of hand by not doing anything about it.  Was a frustrating time as a fan.   

 

Fans that have known nothing but a whole lot of winning since the Sedins were drafted (second best winning percentage in the league over sixteen years) must find the transition hard, I get that too.   We didn’t have Linden to trade this time and get us the WCE team, and one Sedin, Luongo and eventually Markstrom.   The deal that keeps on giving.  Instead we got Horvat and Sutter - whoopie and that’s from a top teams core.  Ok Goldobin and Dahlen too.  And a few picks.   Pathetic really, thanks MG. 

 

Im stoked we didn’t keep MG any longer then we did.  I’m also stoked that we have JB, he’s done a lot better then I expected.   That’s because I have perspective.  Look what the EDM oilers of the 80’s got - way more then any team in history and yet they floundered.  NJ, COL, CAR and now DET all paid the piper for their cups and winning ways and a few are finally turning the corner after more then a decade...SJ is going to pay and pay hard in a few years too (they had the best winning percentage during the Sedins career).   PIT....paid too.   CHI too, they had a great team in the early 90’s.   

 

Now with soon to be 32 teams the odds of winning a cup have never been harder...kind of.  As the difference between a top playoff team and a wild card seed is a few goals here or there in a series.  Anything can happen.   So once we are in the 1/16 odds aren’t too shabby and the more cracks at it the better - sure JB and crew know this and glad they decided we are good enough to go for it.   Too early to call him bad or great but he certainly is doing much better then I expected.   Would give him a 7/10 - this 1/3 idea is delusional.   He drafts well we all know that, but he also signs well, both RFAs and UFAs with one flop in the lot in LE - all GMs over a 5 year period have one of those.  His trades might considered his most average area - but it’s not like we’ve lost our shirt either.  Most are fair, a few busts a few better then fair.  It’s not like MG made any blockbusters either  - he was most busy signing NTC/NMC to guys that wanted to be here as we were a top team that paid the 5th least taxes at the time (for all those complaint about our high taxes spend some time and do the research - taxes are a non-issue compared to all but 4 teams)  - his hands must have carpel tunnel syndrome because other then doing nothing when he should have been doing something,  he signed UFAs and guys already on the team for the most part.  

 

Big difference trying to sign guys to cap off a top team and trying to sign guys on a bottom team.  Can’t wait to see what JB can do after a few playoff runs...

Well said. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IRR said:

Yeah, pull the liberal card! Your kinds go to. You going to pull the snowflake card as well? Get outta here...I’m not even one!! 

 

I can take people that that disagree and have a good reason / thought out response...you’re just spewing crap!

No that's you, in fact im tepidly telling you that you're bringing up irrelevant topics and that I'm in agreement with you in some aspects but not others, but you can't handle it. 

 

It's comical. 

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, IRR said:

Dude.....do you see how people are responding to you negatively / how many people are arguing with you re: your option????? Just maybe you’re wrong??? It’s like a room with 10 people and 1 person is arguing with the other 9 who have the opposite opinion...who do you think is probably wrong in that scenario?! 

Nice attempt at explaining things to this idiot but it won't work, he a JB hater and thats the way it is. He's the kinda child that if JB won the Cup in 7 he would be mad he didn't do it in 5, yet he's a JB fan :sadno:

Edited by Sbriggs
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Nice attempt at explaining things to this idiot but it won't work, he a JB hater and thats the way it is.

Lol incredible, I am a jb fan. This is the tangent you went on and why i keep telling you that your comments are irrelevant. 

 

I don't agree with an extension before the season that matters. 

 

Snap case liberal snowflakes are hilarious. 

Edited by Where'd Luongo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Where'd Luongo? said:

No that's you, in fact im tepidly telling you that you're bringing up irrelevant topics and that I'm in agreement with you in some aspects but not others, but you can't handle it. 

 

It's comical. 

Whatever! It’s the parts we’re you’re totally wrong that I have (and many others) have issue with! You can’t even reflect on what others are responding with and admit maybe those parts of your argument are wrong.

 

Look, I’m done arguing! I’d have a reg discussion, but you’re he’ll bent on being right even though everyone thinks you’re wrong with certain aspect of what you’re saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IRR said:

Whatever! It’s the parts we’re you’re totally wrong that I have (and many others) have issue with! You can’t even reflect on what others are responding with and admit maybe those parts of your argument are wrong.

 

Look, I’m done arguing! I’d have a reg discussion, but you’re he’ll bent on being right even though everyone thinks you’re wrong with certain aspect of what you’re saying.

Lol hypocrite. 

 

You just need the last word and I am enjoying not giving it to you. You're the only one here that's mad. 

Edited by Where'd Luongo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Lol incredible, I am a jb fan. This is the tangent you went on and why i keep telling you that your comments are irrelevant. 

 

I don't agree with an extension before the season that matters. 

 

Snap case liberal snowflakes are hilarious. 

I'm not a liberal I'm a Canadian, I don't vote for party I vote for the person and their idea's. And if your a JB fan I'm Santa Claus and your now on the naughty list

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Where'd Luongo? said:

Lol hypocrite. 

Show us where he’s being a hypocrite

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

I'm not a liberal I'm a Canadian, I don't vote for party I vote for the person and their idea's. And if your a JB fan I'm Santa Claus and your now on the naughty list

Liberal means more than politics. I feel sorry that you can't handle different opinions. 

Edited by Where'd Luongo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pears said:

Show us where he’s being a hypocrite

Hell bent on me accepting him as being right, but accusing me of the same. I'm fine with him having his opinion, but I'm apparently not allowed to have mine. 

Edited by Where'd Luongo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.