The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign GM Jim Benning to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Ok, rules are no one is traded before season start, and Loui is NOT sent to Utica,maybe shows half decent in camp.

Your lines are?

Did some of FA's 'associates' take him out for a nice evening stroll over the Lion's Gate bridge and offer him some new 'shoes'? ::D

Alright, I'll play along.... :rolleyes:

Miller/Ferland, Pettersson, Boeser

Baer, Horvat, Miller/Ferland/Pearson

Ferland/Pearson, Sutter, Virtanen/Leivo

Motte, Beagle, Virtanen/Leivo

Eriksson as 13th.

Barring further injuries, Eriksson waived when Roussel returns.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Ok, rules are no one is traded before season start, and Loui is NOT sent to Utica,maybe shows half decent in camp.

Your lines are?

In order for Loui NOT to be sent to Utica one of Leivo, Motte, Baertschi or Goldobin will need to be placed on waivers.  The chances of one of those guys being placed on waivers is almost zero.  The only way Loui stays with the big club is if there is a trade or Goldobin is not signed.

• Cheers 2

On 8/23/2019 at 11:14 PM, canuck73_3 said:

HE

IS

NOT

PAID

TO 

SCORE

edit: Also laughable how bad you missed the mark on what Benning meant by foundational. Hint: it doesn't have anything to do with scoring...

He called Horvat "foundational" as well...

Side point. I love the pride at TSN. I don't think aqua man cares what they think. If the Canucks have a good season and just miss the playoffs Benning stays. Don't have to go very far to see how rotation of GM's and coaches hurts franchise's. Just look at Edmonton.

• Cheers 1

On 8/23/2019 at 11:14 PM, canuck73_3 said:

HE

IS

NOT

PAID

TO 

SCORE

edit: Also laughable how bad you missed the mark on what Benning meant by foundational. Hint: it doesn't have anything to do with scoring...

what is laughable is that you had to take such large breaths between yelling every word at us all.

Can you name 4 other $4million players  ( edit, on playoff teams) that are also not paid to score?

Here I'll start, Loui Ericksson    (EDIT)There now you can see I was joking because the Canucks weren't a playoff team

2. Gudbranson

3. Tanev

?

While your at it maybe you can explain why Green was so mad at Hutton for not scoring more than 6 apples in his only year where he had a reasonably decent +/-.

HInt: because NHL players are meant to score

In other news: being a 200 foot player means being decent in the offensive 1/3rd of the rink, otherwise it might be called being a 133ft player.

Who is paying $4mil for 133ft players

Edited by lmm

1 hour ago, lmm said:

what is laughable is that you had to take such large breaths between yelling every word at us all.

Can you name 4 other $4million players that are also not paid to score?

Here I'll start, Loui Ericksson

?

While your at it maybe you can explain why Green was so mad at Hutton for not scoring more than 6 apples in his only year where he had a reasonably decent +/-.

In other news: being a 200 foot player means being decent in the offensive 1/3rd of the rink, otherwise it might be called being a 133ft player.

We did for Gudbranson didn't we? 

4 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

We did for Gudbranson didn't we? 

well then 1/2 of the 4 slots are taken by Canucks, a team that does not make the playoffs.

If we fill this list with Canucks, what does that prove?

• -AJ- unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Man.. my faith in Benning is real high right now.

Sure, say something about a few trades or signings that have short-term, or avoidable, consequences but his drafting really is looking like something else even without any true ‘top’ draft picks 

Boes -almost 2018 calder, finalist at pick 23

Pete - calder 2019, pick 5

Quinn - ?2020?, pick 7

Pold - dark horse 2021, pick 10

Really coming together here

• Upvote 1

On August 25, 2019 at 11:44 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

In order for Loui NOT to be sent to Utica one of Leivo, Motte, Baertschi or Goldobin will need to be placed on waivers.  The chances of one of those guys being placed on waivers is almost zero.  The only way Loui stays with the big club is if there is a trade or Goldobin is not signed.

Sure, because there is no chance that any Canucks will get injured in camp, right?

On 8/25/2019 at 9:00 PM, lmm said:

Can you name 4 other $4million players that are also not paid to score?

Here I'll start, Loui Ericksson

2. Gudbranson

3. Tanev

?

The problem with Sutter's time in Vancouver has been unfortunate injuries; not lack of offensive skill.  When he's healthy he averages +15g and +30pts, which is very acceptable for a minute munching shutdown 3C.  If he stays healthy, you can be sure he ill be an important factor in this team making the playoffs. 

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Sure, because there is no chance that any Canucks will get injured in camp, right?

Of course injuries do happen.  I guess Loui must be praying that someone gets injured in order to stay with the big club.  Sad way to live your life.  Maybe he should just retire rather than wait for an injury to happen so he can play 7 minutes a night on the 4th line killing penalties...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Josepho said:

Gudbranson is a 0 foot player. He's quite literally good at no aspect of hockey.

That’s why I hope Bennings upcoming announcements involve changing our pro scouting staff. That has been brutal over the years.

Only recently have they done well in getting Pearson, Leivo, and Schenn.