The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UK Citizenship Stripped from Jihadi Jack, Leaves Him with Canadian Citizenship

DonLever

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Me too.

A kurd guy owns a kebab place near me.....  best food.  Super nice guy...  he has hinted a few times that he may have been active back in the day in the independence movement.... The guy looks like he could kill you without raising a eyebrow ....  I am sure he has seen some serious crap....

That’s what’s beautiful about Canada.  People who come here soon learn how nice people are, and welcomed they are, and they give up their old hatred.  Why continue with old hatred when life here can be so good for yourself and your children?  New people here seem to work really hard and at any job to improve their lives.  It’s seems some of those who grew up here feel entitled and aren’t willing to work so hard.  It’s like they are spoiled or something. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, riffraff said:

Was in turkey in the mid nineties.  One of my buddies went all the way to to the border with Kurdistan.  He had the long blonde hair goin and although the shepherds through rocks at him the student in the school thought he was a rock star.  The teachers had him and another friend go to each class room so the kids could try out some English and feel his hair.

I remember hitching across Turkey in the 1980's.   Kids running across fields to get close to see me.....  I was also in Eastern Turkey very close to Syria.......  Zero tourists where i was......

I travelled alone / hitchhiked so i could meet real people and take my time.....  Super friendly people in Turkey that is for sure.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Well its good to see some British MPs agreeing with Goodale that the UK offloaded their responsibilties to us. 

Scheer on the wrong side once again. Scheer would do the exact same thing to the UK that they did to us, instead of handling our problems responsibly. 

Former defence minister Tobias Ellwood said removing the radicalised fighter's citizenship "shunts the responsibility elsewhere" when many fighters were "radicalised here in the UK".

He added that Britain "should be leading calls" on how "foreign fighters face justice and who is ultimately responsible for bringing them to justice".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49385376

4 hours ago, gurn said:

Made good sense, you were telling a poster he was foolish to expect  the government to fix things , while at the same time moaning in the "oil/Alberta" threads that the feds aren't doing enough.

Nope it didn't. The complaint in Alberta is the Trudeau government is getting in the way