The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What will Canucks do in absence of Young Stars Classic?

MikeyD

Are the Canucks going to attach themselves to another prospects tournament like the pacific one with teams like LA and Anaheim and Vegas or is there nothing slated thus far for games for our prospects this year due to the cancellation of the Young Stars Classic? I tried googling it, but couldn't conjure anything related to the direction that the Canucks prospects are going to do in September. Thanks for any info!

chances are all of the teams involved, were all like, "We could do this, and take home a few hundred extra thousand, too".

Letting something that could have become an industry standard slide like it did, over the past several years (I went to them all), is kind of sad.

I saw the promotion decline, the attendance followed, and the lackluster performances on the ice didn't really help.

You'd think that these kids would want to actually showcase themselves.

There was no cup. Nothing. It could have been done a lot better, and as a result, its gone.

/golfclap to whoever killed the only Canucks related hocked a large portion of the province ever got to see live.

Top moments of the entire tourney's history:

1. When Petey scored that right wing PP slapper.

2. When Jake crushed McJeebus.

Edited by xereau

1 minute ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

We may not have had enough rookies to fill the team ...with the college kids and the overseas kids not able to play...I would really like to see it back for next year though....

Management often invite the CHL eligible and those who just finished College to these tourneys to fill out the roster.  In the Penticton tourney the requirement was players must have played under 100 pro level games to qualify to play.  Not sure what the Alberta teams have done with that standard.

Still have a slew of guys who fit that standard to use to fill out the tourney roster or who are eligible 

under contract with Canucks

F Adam Gaudette

F Kole Lind

F Jonah Gadjovich

F Lukas Jasek

F Petrus Palmu

D Olli Juolevi

D Mitch Eliot

D Josh Teves

D Brogan Rafferty

D Quinn Hughes

D Jalen Chatfield

D Jett Woo

G Mike DiPietro

G Jake Kielly

under contract with Utica

F Seamus Malone

D Aaron Thow

Recent draft picks

F Carson Focht

F Ethan Keppen

G Arthurs Silovs

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, xereau said:

chances are all of the teams involved, were all like, "We could do this, and take home a few hundred extra thousand, too".

Letting something that could have become an industry standard slide like it did, over the past several years (I went to them all), is kind of sad.

I saw the promotion decline, the attendance followed, and the lackluster performances on the ice didn't really help.

You'd think that these kids would want to actually showcase themselves.

There was no cup. Nothing. It could have been done a lot better, and as a result, its gone.

/golfclap to whoever killed the only Canucks related hocked a large portion of the province ever got to see live.

Top moments of the entire tourney's history:

1. When Petey scored that right wing PP slapper.

2. When Jake crushed McJeebus.

I think it was more about the other teams pulling out, no?

21 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Management often invite the CHL eligible and those who just finished College to these tourneys to fill out the roster.  In the Penticton tourney the requirement was players must have played under 100 pro level games to qualify to play.  Not sure what the Alberta teams have done with that standard.

Still have a slew of guys who fit that standard to use to fill out the tourney roster or who are eligible 

under contract with Canucks

F Adam Gaudette

F Kole Lind

F Jonah Gadjovich

F Lukas Jasek

F Petrus Palmu

D Olli Juolevi

D Mitch Eliot

D Josh Teves

D Brogan Rafferty

D Quinn Hughes

D Jalen Chatfield

D Jett Woo

G Mike DiPietro

G Jake Kielly

under contract with Utica

F Seamus Malone

D Aaron Thow

Recent draft picks

F Carson Focht

F Ethan Keppen

G Arthurs Silovs

Thanks for that...I thought it was limited to players with no pro level playing time...