The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Marner's Agent in Contact with Zurich Lions of the Swiss League

9 minutes ago, rekker said:

Marleu doesnt have a contract yet. Maybe he could go to Europe with Marner and take him to the movies there too. 

If Marner goes to Europe maybe the Leaves could sign Marleau to a new contract.  I wonder if Carolina would give them back their first round pick...  ^_^

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

not sure who Marner's agent is, but nice try. I don't see the Leafs sweating this too much, they know where Mitch wants to play

This is pretty much it. He could've signed a supposed rumoured offer sheet already if he wanted to leave. He wants to be a Leaf, but he also wants to be paid since his colleagues did. Marner would've signed a team friendly deal if they were throwing money away all willy nilly.

9 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

If an RFA doesn't have a contract, is he not free to sign anywhere other then NHL/AHL ?

I'd be quite concerned if i was Leafs management!

Only if he wasn't qualified by the Leafs which isn't the case here.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Way to go Dubas. 

Not only have you screwed yourself. But the other teams with your stupid Nylander contract. Hope you get fired. 

Damage will be temporary once agents realize no legitimate GM is as stupid as the idiot running the Leafs.  The Nylander contract is so atrocious it shouldn't be even used as a comparable.  All it takes is one actually good RFA to sign and the real value will be set.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Damage will be temporary once agents realize no legitimate GM is as stupid as the idiot running the Leafs.  The Nylander contract is so atrocious it shouldn't be even used as a comparable.  All it takes is one actually good RFA to sign and the real value will be set.

Let's hope so King.