Sign in to follow this  
DonLever

Ride Hailing: Uber and Lyft Approved to Operate, Judge Refuses to Grant Injunction In Taxi Lawsuit

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Liberal. At least your kids will have jobs. 

No thanks.  I would shoot myself in the noggen before i ever voted for a the party that sold us all out to foreign $$$$$$ - ruined  the bc estate market for our kids - took away the dream of home ownership for generations.....    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Liberal. At least your kids will have jobs. 

BC liberal party only created McJobs....    no benefits...  pay is below the poverty level....

 

Those are not real jobs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Unknown1995 said:

Why don't they just become Uber or Lyft drivers? 

 

 

 

 

It would be the equivalent of leaving the Bloods for the Crips gang. They’d be on the taxi mafia hit list and we all know how easy it is to get away with murder in the lower mainland. 
 

Realistically, they probably don’t want to switch jobs, get reduced wages, decreased value to taxi plates and be subject to a rating system.

 

Bottom line is the industry has been comfortable for so long; have been aware that Uber will potentially move in on their territory and made no changes to their offerings to compete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

No thanks.  I would shoot myself in the noggen before i ever voted for a the party that sold us all out to foreign $$$$$$ - ruined  the bc estate market for our kids - took away the dream of home ownership for generations.....    

dont do that, we'd miss you. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, HI5 said:

It would be the equivalent of leaving the Bloods for the Crips gang. They’d be on the taxi mafia hit list and we all know how easy it is to get away with murder in the lower mainland. 
 

Realistically, they probably don’t want to switch jobs, get reduced wages, decreased value to taxi plates and be subject to a rating system.

 

Bottom line is the industry has been comfortable for so long; have been aware that Uber will potentially move in on their territory and made no changes to their offerings to compete. 

Many taxi drivers work off hours as UBER /Lift drivers.... earn extra money.....

  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Many taxi drivers work off hours as UBER /Lift drivers.... earn extra money.....

So not all taxi drivers are against UBER/LYFT?   It seems rather hypocritical to rail against ride sharing and then join them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DonLever said:

So not all taxi drivers are against UBER/LYFT?   It seems rather hypocritical to rail against ride sharing and then join them.

I think they are against it.... till it happens..   Then they join to earn more money.

 

People are pragmatic if not a bit hypocritical.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I think they are against it.... till it happens..   Then they join to earn more money.

 

People are pragmatic if not a bit hypocritical.....

they think their jobs are on the line when they can simply just become a Uber driver themselves. It's not hard to sign up for.  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.