The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN-WPG

TO VAN

Laine 

TO WPG

Boeser

Picks

With Laine and Boeser still seeking a contract it got me wondering if we could possibly get Laine from the Jets. I love Boeser, but your fooling yourself if you think he's better than Laine. I don't know how much we would have to add to Boeser, but it's an interesting thought none the less.

Miller Pettersson Laine 

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Character matters.  Both have great shots, but Boeser is working harder to be a more complete player, and seems a lot more down-to-earth as a person.  I don't particularly dislike Laine, but the guy is a little too cocky.  Brock's a better with the guys we have; imagine Bo laying down the law with Laine on the Fortnite during road trips.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Character: Boeser

Consistency: Boeser

Flow: I mean, Laine's hair line is in the same place as his consistency

Cost: Very likely Boeser, but we'll see

Sure Laine could score 50 goals one day, but if they come in 25-30 games is it really more valuable than a guy that scores 35-40 goals and shows up to play for 60+ games? Laine scores a lot but when you disappear more often than not those goals don't account for much when put into perspective. For the NBA fans he is the equivalent of a Russell Westbrook, yeah the stat line looks nice but he's not a player you put all your chips on to win a championship with. Hockey is a different sport I get that but I'd take Boeser 9 times outta 10 over Laine, and the 10th time I only take Laine outta curiosity on whether or not he can hit 60-70+ with Petey feeding him the puck. 

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Cheers 1

Jim: Hello, I would like to acquire Laine, I’ll give you Boeser and picks.

Kevin: What picks?

Jim:  Draft picks.

Kevin: Which picks?

Jim: Ones for the draft.

Kevin:  Good proposal, but I’ll pass.

What looks better.   Brock 7,5 x 8 of Laine 10 x 8?    That’s what he wants and is willing to wait for a trade if he’s not getting it in WNP (and you can bet the next team will pony up)...no thanks, I’d consider him on the team for something else - but not at that price...maybe 7...

Laine's numbers over the last couple years are inflated playing on a good team.  They could both be 30-30 guys.  With Brock eventually being a much better defensive player.  I don't see Laine ever really taking an interest in the defensive side of the game, -24 on a good team.

Going to be close fitting Brock under the cap as is.  

Edited by BCNeil