The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bill Guerin is new Minnesota GM

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I was going on what Liepold said himself regarding Fenton not what a reporter said. 

This is from Liepold. 

I also read somewhere Liepold saying he would look for an experienced GM as the new hire. 

From Leipold's quote - "the management of people and motivating the departments".   He talks here of how it wasn't a good fit - the culture wasn't the same, not the same vibe with employees in hockey ops, with players, coaches, trainers and just felt that they didn't have the right leader.  Leipold says it's on him that he missed it.  

Edited by mll

55 minutes ago, mll said:

From Leipold's quote - "the management of people and motivating the departments".   He talks here of how it wasn't a good fit - the culture wasn't the same, not the same vibe with employees in hockey ops, with players, coaches, trainers and just felt that they didn't have the right leader.  Leipold says it's on him that he missed it.  

Ya he's saying pretty much what I quoted him saying. 

Not sure what your point is. 

I don't hear him saying Fenton was screaming and yelling at staff. Only same as what I posted earlier.

It was the other part of being a general manager, the organizational part, the strategic part, the management of people, hiring and motivating the departments," Leipold said. "When I'm talking about not being fit, that's what I 

Edited by WHL rocks

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

How things change... Is this really him?

bill.jpg

He looks like it was raining in the tanning bed he just got out of, and had no time to towel off...

regards,  G.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

How things change... Is this really him?

bill.jpg

Thanks for the laugh.  Runner up for aging the strangest - KT (MTs Dad) wins the prize though, looks like his weight issue got the better of him and where did his hair go ha ha.  These guys - I’d include TG and Sakic as honourable mentions both are kind of funny looking, make me look pretty good given we are all around the same age. 

As for the hire, just another part of the “new old boys club” joining Yzerman, Shanny (now that’s looking good as you age), Sakic, Tochett,  Berube, TG etc.  At least like Yzerman he’s got on the job training.   Was a pretty good hockey player in his day too, one of the better US players of his generation. 

• Like 1

People question gm hirings like they have inside knowledge on the path, objectives, and timelines for the team as well talking like they have knowledge of the inner workings and roles in their previous club

It will be interesting to see what happens moving forward with the wild

Guessing with bills history of development we could be seeing a rebuild start if the team isn't in the hunt come December

Edited by Wanless