The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning trying to get to "common ground" with Boeser

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Brock stuff  

376 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I'm okay with 6.5 on a bridge deal....

comparing neeley and Boeser ha

one was probably one o the best pwf and could drive the play him self and the other is a pure sniper with skating concerns.....look around the NHL no one elite winger has concerns about their skating

Not comparing them just that trading potential stars is high risk low reward.

7 minutes ago, Cup2022 said:

Not comparing them just that trading potential stars is high risk low reward.

I don't know about that low reward even our Canucks have history with wining a trade like that nazzy I comes to mind. 

If Brock brings us a three piece deal it's a win or a prospect and a high first rounder I would call a win. 

7 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I don't know about that low reward even our Canucks have history with wining a trade like that nazzy I comes to mind. 

If Brock brings us a three piece deal it's a win or a prospect and a high first rounder I would call a win. 

Team that gets the best player in a trade wins.  If we trade Brock, the team that gets him wins.  Benning is too smart to do something so incredibly stupid as trade Brock.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Team that gets the best player in a trade wins.  If we trade Brock, the team that gets him wins.  Benning is too smart to do something so incredibly stupid as trade Brock.  

Alf how can you say that if we trade him at the draft? Colorado and Ottawa trade proves that's not always true and some picks are worth it and I wouldn't call it stupid , if say we get to draft holtz or any of the prospects that look to be a tier above Brock at the stage he was at and get a prospect to boot and look at the shinieder trade too

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Alf how can you say that if we trade him at the draft? Colorado and Ottawa trade proves that's not always true and some picks are worth it and I wouldn't call it stupid , if say we get to draft holtz or any of the prospects that look to be a tier above Brock at the stage he was at and get a prospect to boot and look at the shinieder trade too

I’ve never been a big fan of Schneider.  Brock IMO is a far better player than Schneider.  Plus, Brock is entering his prime years.  A prospect would be three or four years away from his prime, which wastes Petey’s early prime years.  I am a huge fane of Beoser’s game.  I see Rick Middleton in him.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Wanless said:

Sharpe had a really good career as a complimentary winger on a top line putting up 0.66 points per game

Yes, he has had a good career.  I just think that Brock will do better than 287 goals in  during his career (he's already 1/5 of the way there and has only played 2 seasons).  I know that Sharp had a more complete game and won a cup etc, but at the  moment, the Canucks need players that can score and Brock is the guy.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

I’ve never been a big fan of Schneider.  Brock IMO is a far better player than Schneider.  Plus, Brock is entering his prime years.  A prospect would be three or four years away from his prime, which wastes Petey’s early prime years.  I am a huge fane of Beoser’s game.  I see Rick Middleton in him.  

Ha that makes two of us ha 

unless brock brings his skating up, I see him as a better trade chip then a core piece. Also his wrist has to hold up for a full season cause if his wrist goes so does his scoring touch. A acouple red flags in my books sorry alf. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Ha that makes two of us ha 

unless brock brings his skating up, I see him as a better trade chip then a core piece. Also his wrist has to hold up for a full season cause if his wrist goes so does his scoring touch. A acouple red flags in my books sorry alf. 

I accept your opinion.  I disagree, that’s all.  :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yes, he has had a good career.  I just think that Brock will do better than 287 goals in  during his career (he's already 1/5 of the way there and has only played 2 seasons).  I know that Sharp had a more complete game and won a cup etc, but at the  moment, the Canucks need players that can score and Brock is the guy.

I agree but if the rumors are true and he wants a four year deal, do you keep him the four years or trade him once a great offer comes in?

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I agree but if the rumors are true and he wants a four year deal, do you keep him the four years or trade him once a great offer comes in?

I can't really say as I don't know what kind of a player Brock will end up being.  It also really depends on team needs I suppose.

8 minutes ago, bree2 said:

kind of dumb to be talking about trading Brock when he plays so well with Petey. Benning will not trade him.

Well you could probably take anyone in the top 70 in goals last season they would play good with Petey lol also I don't know about that Brock did put up more points with bo....

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I can't really say as I don't know what kind of a player Brock will end up being.  It also really depends on team needs I suppose.

See that's all I'm saying. Brock isn't part of the top tier core like bo and Petey and therefore is replacable when the time comes and also why I want him on a bridge deal cause wingers are easier to replace when their not franchise wingers....please don't make me list the wingers that fit in that bracket. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Your all class alf, I tip my hat to yea 

I think we all love Brock.  He’s clearly an amazing young man.  This could cloud a fan’s judgement.  But I do see Middleton in Brock’s game.  He’s a far better playmaker than he gets credit for.  Plus, he’s so damned nice. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think we all love Brock.  He’s clearly an amazing young man.  This could cloud a fan’s judgement.  But I do see Middleton in Brock’s game.  He’s a far better playmaker than he gets credit for.  Plus, he’s so damned nice. :rolleyes:

I like him too he reminds of Brett hull at times but i just don't see core winger yet and that's all I've been saying and why I want him on a bridge deal so he can prove me wrong and I have to eat crow but franchise wingers pretty much everyone I can think of have above average skating and that's the one thing I see holding Brock back and his wrist kinda worries me. 

Just now, Cup2022 said:

I would laugh and hang up

Why? Domi has a great hockey iq and can skate like the wind and plays with an edge.....he has play making and scoring ability....I don't get why you would laugh? Oh and Domi has play all 82 games pasted two seasons....his put up some good points without a real center like bo or Petey