The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning trying to get to "common ground" with Boeser

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Brock stuff  

376 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

These Teams are probably not happy with Leafs setting the bar high for RFA and their agents telling them to wait to sign, as they will get the big money (that was never necessary to be so high) and they most likely will get it now (oddly enough, I thought the owners would try to put a wage cap on RFA and stop the season, but they ok'd it, Maybe it will be the majority of the players not making that kind of money, that want a bigger share of the pie that vote to stop)? But at the same time, they may never make up the money they lose and are hurt more from a strike than the rich who get Bonuses early and make millions anyways

I don't see a work stoppage now as predicted

Is it just me getting tired of reading what others make and comparing contracts? Players not happy and grateful to be playing for 4.5 mil a season and holding out for 4.9 with RFA  as a example is not even hockey, it's financials

• Upvote 1

SIGN HIM JIM you don't need to follow other teams.. i think if brock is signed before the camp he  has better focus on the season..not good for the game or the fans..people want to see him at camp..another thing this makes the nhl look mickey mouse with all these battles to sign a guy...you want to have a really good start and if the canucks mean business on and off the ice lets see it get done for the sake of the game and the canucks...it does not feel good going into a season with even a bit of controversy..it all will help them become a tough skilled team..

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

SIGN HIM JIM you don't need to follow other teams.. i think if brock is signed before the camp he  has better focus on the season..not good for the game or the fans..people want to see him at camp..another thing this makes the nhl look mickey mouse with all these battles to sign a guy...you want to have a really good start and if the canucks mean business on and off the ice lets see it get done for the sake of the game and the canucks...it does not feel good going into a season with even a bit of controversy..it all will help them become a tough skilled team..

Hes not following other teams....

Hes trying to get Brock for the best contract he can because he has to go over this all over again when EP40 and Hughes need a contract.  We need to be careful now so we have money then.

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1. The hardest to read right now is Brock Boeser and Vancouver. They’ve discussed different contract lengths. There’ve been times of optimism and there’ve been times of pessimism. This is a huge year for the Canucks. They need a great start. It’s going to be much more difficult without Boeser. Only four teams scored fewer goals than Vancouver the last two seasons. Boeser’s 55 goals during that span are equal to Artemi Panarin and Jonathan Toews; more than Filip Forsberg, Jack Eichel and Mark Stone.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-tense-rfa-waiting-game-hits-final-stages/ 

We need to get this doneee 

I know Brock doesn't read these but just in case...I'd like to tell him this lol:

Cmon buddy sign up and get to camp.  Do a 3 year deal and you can cash in big next time.  Everyone here knows you're a great guy.. don't squander all that great mojo cuz your agent is trying to squeeze out the last 5 percent in order to make himself look good. 

Cmon back where it all began!

Ps Petey needs you. He knows it!

And so does your Capps. 

• Cheers 1

i agree if he does not sign before camp it will kind tarnish his image....not a big deal but hey very lucky he is a canuck playing in the nhl....his money is in his game and his shot...not the best skater  or the toughest but he has the nose for the puck and natural goal scorer ....so hey bud the orcas say get it done so they can swim happy ...