The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning trying to get to "common ground" with Boeser

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Brock stuff  

376 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a contract idea, what do you think? 8 year deal worth 60 million cap hit of 7.5 million ( assuming it's still calculated by average) first 2 years would be 6 million, next 2 are 7 million followed by 8 million then by 9 million in the last 2 years. 

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Im a fan who pays to watch the team? I doubt this holdout lasts long, but imagine being a season ticket holder and the team sniper not being on the team opening night...

All good, Benning wont be here forever...I hope

I honestly lose all respect for people who post this **** about Benning.

Wtf do you want the guy to do?  Hand Brock and his agent a blank cheque and pay him whatever he wants just for the sake?  Brock made under 1 million last year,  and if reports are true about Brock  being offered 7 million a year and he REJECTED that.  That shows Brocks true colors if anything.

Imagine being offered to make 7x what you made the previous year from your employer and you turn it down.  **** like that will never happen to a regular person.  Then you have these entitled dudes rejecting life changing amounts of cash due to pure GREED.

Benning thankfully isnt as near sighted as guys like you.  He knows that in 2-3 years he will need money left over to sign Hughes and Pettersson. 

• Upvote 3

The common ground is simple:

JB: you can have 8 yrs at 7 million per = 56 million for you young man even though you only showed us 1.5 yrs worth of play

Boes (millenial) & dbag agent/lawyer: not enough

JB: sit out the year with the other greedy rfa children. JT Miller will fill your role. ::D

:towel:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, winthecup said:

Are you seriously questioning Brock's character?

Wow!? Canucks fans are the worst sometimes.

Get out of here with that bullcrap!

I question all the rfa character holding out. Horvat signed because he new he needed to for development. These rfa are holding out because they have leverage. No way  has Brock proven himself yet. We lock him down for 8 years 8 mill and we could have a 50 to 60 point scorer. 

31 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I honestly lose all respect for people who post this **** about Benning.

Wtf do you want the guy to do?  Hand Brock and his agent a blank cheque and pay him whatever he wants just for the sake?  Brock made under 1 million last year,  and if reports are true about Brock  being offered 7 million a year and he REJECTED that.  That shows Brocks true colors if anything.

Imagine being offered to make 7x what you made the previous year from your employer and you turn it down.  **** like that will never happen to a regular person.  Then you have these entitled dudes rejecting life changing amounts of cash due to pure GREED.

Benning thankfully isnt as near sighted as guys like you.  He knows that in 2-3 years he will need money left over to sign Hughes and Pettersson. 

It's funny you get all triggered when he calls out Benning and run to his rescue like fanboy. 

Let's take a step back and look at things without our JB lovefest. 

If you are BB and you see other teams paying huge money for their young guys. (Thanks Toronto and Edmonton for messing up the market). Also, not to mention JB giving away huge money like candy to EVERYONE!!! Obviously he wants to get paid market value. 

Now I agree with you that BB wants huge money for a short term deal and won't accept long term at the rumoured $7M. But please let's look at both sides before running into JB's defence. 

5 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

Yet, you seem to have no problems with Canuckster86 coming in to trash Benning without looking at both sides. Don't be a hypocrite, and spare me the your "JB lovefest" garbage.

I like how you completely ignore the main point and address something that I didn't even state my opinion on. 

Seems like I triggered you with not blindly hopping into the JB lovefest 

• Wat 1

13 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Team Boeser- 4 x 7M- turned down

Team JB- 6 x 7m turned down

Makes sense that 5 x 7M will be the sweet spot.

Have to think they're very close so not too worried about a hold out after season begins.

So if there was an offer from Boeser of 4 X 7M and he's still an RFA then just get it done. 

4 minutes ago, Howisthishappening said:

Its a unsubstantiated rumor the 6x7 M.

I heard 6x6M was on the table, not 6x7.

Dont be naive to think Boesers camp would turn down 6 x 7 m. No way they would turn down the magic 7M they are chasing. 

We shouldn't believe unsubstantiated rumours but you declare as fact there's no way they'd turn down 6 X $7.... :ph34r:

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

If BB turned down 7 mil then I have lost a lot of respect for him.  JB let him play 9 games at the end of his first year so that he could get his big pay day a year early and this is how the team gets repaid?  I have no clue if any of this is true but if it is shame on Brock.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Team Boeser- 4 x 7M- turned down

Team JB- 6 x 7m turned down

Makes sense that 5 x 7M will be the sweet spot.

Have to think they're very close so not too worried about a hold out after season begins.

5 takes him direcrly to UFA. Not ideal

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

5 takes him direcrly to UFA. Not ideal

if you're going to possibly lose him due to a super high QO on a 4 year deal anyway, then its palatable. Also makes him more tradable as a UFA rental if need be. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill