The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nick Kypreos leaving Sportsnet after 21 years

Rate this topic

Analyst Nick Kypreos will not be returning to Sportsnet for the 2019-20 season, the former NHLer announced in a statement on Twitter Wednesday.

After much consideration, Sportsnet and I have decided to part ways. I am proud to have been part of our growth since we launched in October of 1998 and thankful they took a chance on me so long ago. I am truly grateful to have had twenty-one years of a post playing career. From covering Sid’s golden goal in Vancouver to a Saturday night seat on Hockey Night in Canada; I could not have asked for more.

Most of all, I would like to offer a sincere thank you to the hockey fans. Simply put, hockey is nothing without you. I’ve felt your passion since day one.

My family and I are excited for the projects and adventures that will occupy the next phase of our lives. Until we meet again…Kyper.

Kypreos joined Sportsnet in 1998, and has featured as an analyst and insider on NHL broadcasts for more than 20 years, including Hockey Night in Canada and Hockey Central. Kypreos also co-hosted Hockey Central at Noon on Sportsnet 590 The FAN.

Sportsnet released the following statement after the announcement:

A Toronto native, Kypreos played eight seasons in the NHL, capturing a Stanley Cup with the 1993-94 New York Rangers, before becoming a broadcaster.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-analyst-nick-kypreos-leaving-sportsnet-21-years/