The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nick Kypreos leaving Sportsnet after 21 years

Rate this topic

On 8/28/2019 at 10:44 AM, Duodenum said:

Rogers Sportsnet probably bleeding money after overpaying to get the NHL rights. Laying off all the high priced long timers. 

No I don't think so, more like senior guys want to cash in and Rogers has many young talent ready to replace them when the time was right and thats now. They were all pretty good at there jobs so no need to fire them it must of had to do with money. Maybe theres some TSN guys ready to jump right in, if thats the case that would suck

• Wat 1

On 8/29/2019 at 7:52 PM, Cargo said:

Can’t say I’ll miss him. My least fav of the HNIC crew. Tended to blurt nonsense over top of everyone else. A classic for not knowing what was going on about the Canucks.

While palm slamming or banging a bit to make points.  Blurt nonsense that’s hilarious. Overtop the rest - he’d get louder and louder sometimes too just to make a small point.   Been complaining about him pretty much since the start - but have to admit it’s partially to do with him being on the 94 NYR team - even if it was a minor role.  

On 8/28/2019 at 9:10 AM, Where's Wellwood said:

He wasn't that good.but he wasn't the worst (PJ Stock)

Great point. Forgot about PJ Stock. 

From what I understand Kyprios had a arrogant chauvinistic attitude. 

That only flies so far in today's politically correct world. Kyprios wasn't great. 

In today's corporate world the chances of hm having a female boss were real good. 

Old school fool.

We could all do with less Kyprios and PJ Stocks. I through Mike Milbury in there too.

On 9/2/2019 at 7:07 PM, Sbriggs said:

No I don't think so, more like senior guys want to cash in and Rogers has many young talent ready to replace them when the time was right and thats now. They were all pretty good at there jobs so no need to fire them it must of had to do with money. Maybe theres some TSN guys ready to jump right in, if thats the case that would suck

The only guys I'd consider good at their jobs are the Johns, Friedman, and Hughson.  Professionalism is optional on HNIC and has been for years.

Edited by King Heffy

If kypreos was drowning.

...I would not lend a hand....

Edit: for those not old enough...Phil Collins In the Air Tonight...

Well if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand (that was for skategal who is probably always confused)

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 1