The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doug Maclean leaving Sportsnet

Rate this topic

skategal

Doug Maclean

@DougMaclean
· 7m
After covering the greatest game in the world for the past 10 years I won’t be returning to Sportsnet . Thanks to all hockey fans for your great support . To my colleagues, especially @RealKyper thanks for the help and friendships. #pei#florida#golf#book
Edited by skategal
Formatting
  • Upvote 1

I will reserve my judgement on Doug and Kyper leaving... until I hear who their replacements are. For all their good and bad rants and takes..... it might be about to get a lot worse depending on who they put in. (Even Strombo had me wanting Maclean back... which i never thought possible!!):sick:

Edited by JayDangles

30 minutes ago, Darius said:

2 long term guys now not comming back....

I hope this isn't a sign that they are about to hire a bunch of advanced stats nincompoops in imitation Hugo Boss suits...

Not just two.

They gave Bob McCown the heave-ho a few weeks ago.

• Upvote 2

This is too bad. he was one of the few guys on the panels that I actually liked. He was also one of the few (it seemed) Canucks supporters, talking about how bright the future is in VAN with Horvat, Boeser and Pettersson, etc. I wonder if they're planning on bringing in more women to join the panel (Wickenheiser etc).  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

This is too bad. he was one of the few guys on the panels that I actually liked. He was also one of the few (it seemed) Canucks supporters, talking about how bright the future is in VAN with Horvat, Boeser and Pettersson, etc. I wonder if they're planning on bringing in more women to join the panel (Wickenheiser etc).  

Hopefully they don't ditch John Shannon next.  He's a big western supporter as well.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Wickenheiser is in Medical School iirc so that would be unlikely.  

29 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Maybe they are making room for Lu as well as Bieksa. :bigblush: 

KB3 would be awesome but tbh I don't think I'd enjoy Lu on the panel - especially after this cap recapture penalty so he can join Florida's management team - only to be on tv?  Yeah that wouldn't sit well with me.  

• Wat 1

50 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

likely why he's gone... 

• Haha 2