The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doug Maclean leaving Sportsnet

Rate this topic

skategal

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Blaming Lu for the recapture penalty? Lol. It's not his fault the league changed how his contract worked and he has no obligation to sit in LTIR island. He wants to move on from hockey completely. Wanna be upset, be upset at the league.

Yeah I blame him, the Panthers, Gary Bear and Gillis. That's great he wants to move on from hockey so I don't have to listen to him in any capacity.  

1 hour ago, skategal said:

Doug Maclean

@DougMaclean
· 7m
After covering the greatest game in the world for the past 10 years I won’t be returning to Sportsnet . Thanks to all hockey fans for your great support . To my colleagues, especially @RealKyper thanks for the help and friendships. #pei#florida#golf#book

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Everybody being laid off?

1 hour ago, Ceres said:

Sportsnet retooling?

Is Sportnet going through a full rebuild or just a reset?

And is it possible for Sportsnet to get high ratings while simultaneously going through a rebuild?

At the level of personality, I liked Maclean quite a lot. And I did often find his perspective interesting. I like him a lot better than John Shannon. I found Kypreos kind of overbearing and thought he provided very little insight or new information. But I have nothing against any of these guys. Tough to lose your job in middle-age. But I guess they will land on their feet somewhere.

26 minutes ago, nzan said:

Does the Pauser still call in?

He was on CDC for a bit years ago, most here didn't remember him even then

Pauser passed away a few years back.  I think it was Dan Russel who gave Pauser the name back in the old CKNW days.

As for Maclean, I liked him.  Seems like everyone who’s contract comes up gets the high ho.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, nzan said:

Does the Pauser still call in?

He was on CDC for a bit years ago, most here didn't remember him even then

I think Pauser and The Pauser are two different people.

One was the older guy that would come on the radio -- he passed away years ago. The other one is the old CDC user, now on HFBoards under a different username, I believe.

Didn't sportsnet lose a lot of money the past year?

Maybe hold those responsible accountable?

Looking at you sportsnets presidents and CEOs!

MAYBE if it wasnt toronto sports network and SportsNetOnlyOntarioCounts had more spread out coverage they wouldn't be struggling?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Yeah I blame him, the Panthers, Gary Bear and Gillis. That's great he wants to move on from hockey so I don't have to listen to him in any capacity.  

Sounds like you are just a spiteful individual. Sorry you feel the need to live that way and absorb that much negativity.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

They should of started this rebuild years ago, when they could of gotten 1st round picks for these guys... another decade without playoffs i guess 
:bigblush:

Long term contracts with No Move clauses to old guys got in the way though.  :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And yet the real problem guys such as Randorf and Rotten Ronnie face absolutely zero repercussions for their lack of professionalism.  Best of luck to MacLean.

Their contracts aren’t up yet.  I think guys are getting dumped when their contracts are done.  Then they will be replaced with cheaper options, or not at all.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Sounds like you are just a spiteful individual. Sorry you feel the need to live that way and absorb that much negativity.

Oh spare me the in-depth character analysis because I don't want to see Luongo on a Sportsnet panel. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, captainhorvat said:

Maaaan that was soo cringe when they had Ecklund on for one of thr trade deadline shows. How embarrassing for sportsnet lol

And when 1040 first started they had Pauser on for his own 2 hour show.  May God test his soul, but it was cringe worthy and funny at the same time.  I was on the farm and working on a tractor listening.  I knew I had hay to bring in but I couldn’t stop listening.  It was too bad.  

• Haha 2