The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doug Maclean leaving Sportsnet

Rate this topic

skategal

On 8/28/2019 at 5:47 PM, Crabcakes said:

I don't think McLean played the corporate game.  Almost all so called analysts have their own opinions for a short time and then as they associate with the others, their opinions tend to become the same as every body else's.  It only takes a number of months for this to happen.  McLean was one of the few who kept his own opinion long term.  This is why I think that he didn't pal around with the guys and hang out in the lounge at the studio (or wherever it is that they go to become indoctrinated or brain washed if you prefer).

Cheers Doug.  Enjoy retirement if that's what you're up to.

Ron McLean didnt pal around with the guys and hang out at the lounge because he probabaly wasnt liked. Smarmy goof. His smear job on Burr was as unprofessional as it gets. He just loves to blab on and on. Loves to look and act so knowledgeable. I will dance the happy dance the day this dweeb retires.

Edited by rekker
  • Upvote 2

On 8/28/2019 at 9:32 PM, rekker said:

McLean didnt pal around with the guys and hang out at the lounge because he probabaly wasnt liked. Smarmy goof. His smear job on Burr was as unprofessional as it gets. He just loves to blab on and on. Loves to look and act so knowledgeable. I will dance the happy dance the day this dweeb retires.

Not only should have he been fired on the spot, he should have been imprisoned for criminal slander.  As a Canadian, I am ashamed that my tax dollars went towards keeping from starving to death.  Who could possibly like someone who's not only a disgrace to himself, but to the sport, the network, and frankly the whole species with his appalling lack of professionalism?  I'd tell that scumbag to get out of the lounge and give his knee pads another test in the officials' dressing room too.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

25 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not only should have he been fired on the spot, he should have been imprisoned for criminal slander.  As a Canadian, I am ashamed that my tax dollars went towards keeping from starving to death.  Who could possibly like someone who's not only a disgrace to himself, but to the sport, the network, and frankly the whole species with his appalling lack of professionalism?  I'd tell that scumbag to get out of the lounge and give his knee pads another test in the officials' dressing room too.

Wasn’t that Ron....?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Little excessive, much dramatics. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/3/2019 at 6:20 PM, King Heffy said:

A little harsh, it's sports, that's all.

• Cheers 1

On 9/3/2019 at 6:20 PM, King Heffy said:

Yeah ok......little tip for you pal.  There is no such thing as 'criminal slander'.  Haha....:picard:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1

On 8/28/2019 at 9:32 PM, rekker said:

Ron McLean didnt pal around with the guys and hang out at the lounge because he probabaly wasnt liked. Smarmy goof. His smear job on Burr was as unprofessional as it gets. He just loves to blab on and on. Loves to look and act so knowledgeable. I will dance the happy dance the day this dweeb retires.

Yes, Ron being a former referee and  taking the side of the referee, and then  how all the refs turned a blind eye to anything that happened to #14 like they were WWF referees was pathetic and very unprofessional (till the very end they forgot about doing their jobs and made a mockery of sending a message to all others)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 8/29/2019 at 2:40 AM, Alflives said:

Pauser passed away a few years back.  I think it was Dan Russel who gave Pauser the name back in the old CKNW days.

As for Maclean, I liked him.  Seems like everyone who’s contract comes up gets the high ho.  

he passed away more then a few years back.  Love that guy I remember Taylor had to kick him off the station.