The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

Timo Meier has been a large talking point in the cdcfl trade circles lately.

The pending RFAs future in NJ might be up in the air. The teams GM hasn't speculated on his avaliabliltiy but he did tell the media last week the team is listening to offers on almost all of their players over 21.

Interested parties should reach out if they see an asset or two they like on the Devils NHL team. Lias Andersson has also been a talking point but his value doesn't seem particularly high at the moment so they will likely hold on to the young center.

Fabbri and Strome seem like the less avaliable among their nhl roster. The gm does like to take a never say never approach though. If the right offer came in he might be willing to budge on one of those two.

NJ GM

Image result for nj devils

Future NJ Lineup 2023-24

Alex Newhook - Future Draftee  - Vitali Abramov

Robby Fabbri - Dylan Strome - Future Draftee

Future Draftee - Benoit-Olivier Groulx - Future Draftee

Future Draftee - Future Draftee - Future Draftee

Future Draftee - Future Draftee

Olli Juolevi - Future Draftee

Future Draftee - Vili Saarijarvi

Alex Nedeljkovic

Hugo Alnefelt

Dustin Wolf

Timo Meier, Lias Andersson, and others (Future is undetermined at this stage)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Monty said:

The Carolina Hurricanes have signed the following players:

Brett Murray: $825k x 2

Mackenzie MacEachern: $925k x 2

Carolina places Marcus Foligno on I/R (LINK), and assigns MacEachern to the active roster. Murray assign to the minors. @Nail

Happy to add some current and future depth to the forward-corps. Injuries are starting to mount up.

5A9A6F01-148D-4BE6-B5CD-CC12A1CC4AF1.png

Going to steal @Rush17’s cool idea and try and predict what my future lineup looks like in 5+ years.

Patrik Laine - Alexander Khovanov - Artemi Panarin

Andreas Johnsson - Alex Barre-Boulet - Julien Gauthier

Brendan LemieuxJohn Beecher - Egor Korshkov

Isaac Ratcliffe- Shane Bowers - Serron Noel

Alexander Barabanov 

Konstantin Okulov 

Jaccob Slavin - Matt Dumba

Rasmus Andersson - Henri Jokiharju 

Scott Perunovich - Mattias Norlinder

David Farrance - Carl Johan Lerby

Radim Simek

Carter Hart

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen 

*Reserves*
Nathan Smith
Tyler Tucker

Johnathan Kovacevic

Ivan Prosvetov 

Michal Teply

Bolded players are essentially locks, in my mind. Only bolded prospect that isn’t in the NHL, but I’m sure of making it is Beecher. The others are all potential, at this point. Lacking a true number 1 centre. Khovanov has certainly shown a lot of promise, but he’s still only 19 and playing in the QMJHL.  

My top 4 defence is solidified long term, which is the most comforting. Once expansion comes, I’ll be losing a good player, no matter what. However, if I don’t protect 4 defence, then I’d be losing one of Andersson or Jokiharju, and that just won’t happen. I’d rather end up protecting Laine, Panarin, Johnsson, and one of Lemieux or Boulet, and lose Kadri or Simek, than lose one of those younger pieces. Expansion is going to suck for my team no matter what, but that’s a problem for another day. And as I always say, “Don’t borrow problems from tomorrow.”

Arguably my strongest position, now, is my goaltending. Carter Hart and Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen are going to be an outstanding 1-2 punch. And, if Ukko becomes the player the Sabres think he’s going to be, I’ll have a starter “problem” at that point. Should that happen, which I obviously hope is the case, I’ll have to make a tough decision between trading Hart or Ukko. Whoever I keep, Ivan Prosvetov is looking like a solid goaltender at this stage in his career, so he could be a nice backup.

So, with that out of the way, I am unlikely to move Ukko-Pekka at this point. If I do, as I recently mentioned to another GM, I wouldn’t move him unless I was getting a similar top forward prospect in return, or a top 15 draft pick in this upcoming draft. Not in any hurry to move him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:38 PM, Monty said:

The Carolina Hurricanes have signed Mark Borowiecki to a one year deal, worth $875k.

I gotta say, this signing could not have gone much better - 61 Fpts and counting!

I've been thinking all along that he's obviously regular-season value only...but as an impending UFA - maybe he gets dealt at the deadline?

Probably not, but a guy can dream...

Man-Dream.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

So was speaking to @Rush17 the other day. Something about man flu?

He kept hallucinating every time he made me a trade offer! :lol:

It was contagious.  I just woke up and read Derrick Brassard had a goal and two assists today?

I told my wife, she is a doc, bring home your medicine bag. I got a fever...

• Haha 1