Francouz, Pavel

Kahkonen, Kaapo

Kuemper, Darcy

Oettinger, Jake

Sandstrom, Felix

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/16/2019 at 9:14 AM, Primal Optimist said:

Waivers: The Vancouver Canucks place david Backes on unconditional waivers.

*we will determine to elect to buyout or not buyout should he clear waivers.

@Nail am I correct to be thinking that since he has 6.75 m with just this season remaining under contract, that my buyout cap penalty would be 2.25m in each of this and next season?

BUYOUT: Vancouver Canucks will proceed to elect to buyout David Backes, assuming he cleared waivers. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

i can't see anyone's sigs..even though I have it turned on...and i can't see mine at all either but I see that the URL has gone away so it is probably gone?

ah okay.  tinypic shut down  ...so all sigs , pictures etc. from there are not longer available. 

i just saw the status from vintage canuck . he made alot of sigs for this forum.

i didnt used tinypics for  along time now  ... i just forgot that i had account there ... lol 

• Upvote 1

New York Islanders

In the wake of the Buff news, the Islanders may be looking at adding a defenseman and would part with one (or multiple) prospects in order to beef up our defense for the season.

No official deal would be made until Buff officially retires, but an agreement can be made ahead of time or talks to get a foundation in place in preparation.

Reach out and let’s talk trade. Should this occur, no prospect is off the table in order to address the need.

• Upvote 1

1164139-la-kings-logo-wallpaper-2304x144

Key Additions: Brock Nelson, Boone Jenner, Jaro Halak

Key Subtractions: Ryan Reaves, Travis Boyd, Zach Hyman

E. Kane - T. Seguin - A. Radulov

M. Domi - B. Nelson - O. Bjorkstrand

M. Joseph - B. Jenner - C. Brown

D. Caggiula - M. Karlsson - C. Fischer

D. Orlov - D. Doughty

T. Dermott - J. Trouba

D. Toews - D. Severson

B. Kulak

The prospect cupboards... are pretty bare. 

• Like 1

Hrm, curious about this. 

Adam McQuaid suffered a serious concussion with 5 games left in the regular season and missed all 10 playoff games as well IRL. His NHL deal expired over the summer and he is still hurt, likely not to play in the NHL again. I still have him under contract for two years. If there is no team to place him on IR and he is not signed by anyone due to the injury, where does that leave me with his cap hit? Can i place him on IR to start this year? Can his deal be voided? Or am I stuck just burying him and covering the over on his minors deal with my cap space?

Edit: I think I can put him on IR due to this clause in the CBA, but not really sure since he is without a deal in the real NHL? Whatever the league decides in this somewhat unique situation is fine by me, but figured I would enquire before moving to action it.

Section 4.7 - Injured Reserve

If a player is placed on Injured Reserve in real life, they may be put on Injured Reserve in our game. There is one exception to this rule. If a player has been designated with a concussion, they may be placed on Injured Reserve regardless of what their injury designation is. This is to prevent teams from losing out on cap space if a player is day to day, as concussions are something that don’t have an exact time period. If a player is placed on Injured Reserve in our game, but playing in real life, a league executive will notify you in the thread that you have 48 hours to activate them off of injured reserve

Edited by Primal Optimist

8 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Hrm, curious about this. 

Adam McQuaid suffered a serious concussion with 5 games left in the regular season and missed all 10 playoff games as well IRL. His NHL deal expired over the summer and he is still hurt, likely not to play in the NHL again. I still have him under contract for two years. If there is no team to place him on IR and he is not signed by anyone due to the injury, where does that leave me with his cap hit? Can i place him on IR to start this year? Can his deal be voided? Or am I stuck just burying him and covering the over on his minors deal with my cap space?

Edit: I think I can put him on IR due to this clause in the CBA, but not really sure since he is without a deal in the real NHL? Whatever the league decides in this somewhat unique situation is fine by me, but figured I would enquire before moving to action it.

Just looked into this online, seeing some links that have said McQuaid was skating at the beginning of this month at some informal Bruins sessions..

However, that's not conclusive evidence that his concussion is 100% healed, so in this case you will be able to place him on the IR under our concussion diagnosis protocol. That being said, if there is any evidence that comes up that suggests he is 100% healthy, he will need to be activated off of IR.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/3/2019 at 8:21 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

image.png.6a6230159345c5b510d993bc08c39cc8.png

Matthew Tkachuk  Elias Pettersson  Brayden Schenn

Sam Bennett  Chris Tierney  Adrian Kempe

Oskar Lindblom  Derrick Brassard  Mattias Janmark

Joakim Nygaard  Viktor Rask  Andrew Ladd

Austin Wagner Jakob Lilja

Thomas Chabot  Darnell Nurse

Alex Goligoski  Kevin Shattenkirk

Maddison Bowey  Steven Santini

Kale Clague                                     Calvin De Haan expected to start season on IR?

John Gibson

Mackenzie Blackwood

Not going the way of the buyout with Derrick Brassard.  We are going to back him in, like all our players. For at least one more year, he'll have 1 year of term left then.

Taking our lumps, and even taking on bad contracts has paid for itself, resolved itself for us in the past. Mackenzie Blackwood was a trade chip offered us for taking on a contract 3 years ago. One we managed to flush, even milk a few meagre points from as we rebuilt.

So we're taking the patient approach!  

16 hours ago, Nail said:

Just looked into this online, seeing some links that have said McQuaid was skating at the beginning of this month at some informal Bruins sessions..

However, that's not conclusive evidence that his concussion is 100% healed, so in this case you will be able to place him on the IR under our concussion diagnosis protocol. That being said, if there is any evidence that comes up that suggests he is 100% healthy, he will need to be activated off of IR.

I appreciate the fast reply and I think that is a proper answer too, thank you. We will monitor the situation as I would rather he play for us than not play for us, but with concussed UFA's it did leave the contract in a bit of limbo where signed concussed players would get to go on ir, much appreciated, good result. 

If we choose to IR him to start the year i will post in thread in the usual way.