The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

11 minutes ago, Nail said:

You previously assigned Hajek, and have no cap space to call up Niku right now.

Oops I was going off the roster sheet and forgot what moves I had already made.  Here is my edit:

Waive: Cgy places Cory Conacher on waivers for the purpose of sending him to the AHL

Recall: D - Sami Niku to the NHL

@Nail

EAEF1DB5-DFDC-4B4D-984F-0A2C7A9AB294.png

Favourite Prospect Report

This was going to be a “Top Prospect” report, but I have a difficult time deciding between who is better than others. So, this report is squarely on my personal favs, not necessarily who I think is better (Sorry Bowers).

Alex Barre-Boulet

C60D2464-0C9A-4177-BB79-0E206BE7BB8F.jpeg

In this case, Alex is one of my best prospects as well as one of my favourites. Last year’s AHL rookie of the year is having an phenomenal sophomore season, sitting at 31 points in 33 games. Impatiently waiting for the Lightning to call him up. Having a difficult time understanding how he’s not on their roster.

Tye Felhaber

E9FDE549-6D2C-4643-B3C5-1230D66C231F.jpeg

After an abysmal start to his AHL campaign, 1 point in 17 games, Tye has been given a bump in ice time, as the Texas Stars have not been able to score at all. Since then, he’s been able to get 4 points in 8 games. The guy has a lot of offensive talent, so it was only a matter of time before one of the top forward prospects going into the season started to produce. Unless the Dallas Stars start getting the injury bug, probably won’t see Felhaber until next season, at the soonest.

Keegan Kolesar

FFF23C02-3AFB-4CE5-9D4C-6870E4E1188E.jpeg

Keegan has NOT having the season neither he nor I was expecting. After a 20 goal, 36 point season last year, along with 90 PIMs, I was hoping to see Keegan even a spot out of camp, getting ready to take over Ryan Reaves’ spot in the lineup. This has not happened. In 23 games this season, Keegan has a disappointing 8 points and 10 PIMs. However, he has played well recently, enough to be earn a callup with the Golden Knights last week, though he didn’t get in the game, mostly due to sickness. Once sent down, in the same day, he earned an assist that night. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Alexander Khovanov 

9571ABF8-6E66-4000-9777-B9D4FB24B25F.jpeg

What a year the Wild’s top center prospect is having. 53 points in 26 games in the Q (with 20 goals), and 8 points in 7 games at the World Juniors. What’s most surprising? The praise he’s been getting for his 200 foot game. After passing on him in the draft, glad I was able to get him in my Letang trade.

Scott Perunovich 

8805C29B-1C15-456C-96DA-24235DF8F554.jpeg

In what will be his last year in college before going pro, to try and 3 peat at the Frozen 4, Perunovich has been on a torrid pace, with 23 points in 18 games. One of the top defensive prospects not in the NHL, the Blues are looking forward to bringing him in on the left side, soon.

Ivan Prosvetov 

D6B8DEC3-7781-4E75-967E-55529A9ADF87.jpeg

How good has Prosvetov been? He’s stolen the #1 job in the AHL, sports a 2.38 GAA, with a 11-3 year record. He’s now earned his first NHL call up. All this is impressive, but he’s only 20 years old and in his first year out of the OHL. Considering how often the Coyotes goalies get injured, the chances of Prosvetov becoming the number 1 in Arizona could vault into the next 2 years, rather than 4-5. With Carter Hart, Ukko-Pekka, and Prosvetov around, after 5 long years, my future in net is finally stable.

Carolina Hurricanes - Prospect Report

tenor.gif

No, it's not quite that bad. Despite having ZERO unsigned prospects (thanks Mike!), there have been some highlights among the signed guys:

Lauri Pajumiemi – The Rangers’ 2018 5th round selection has taken off like a rocket in his 3rd season in the Liiga. His first 2 seasons combined (76 games) he had 7 total goals and 20 total points – this season in 31 games he has 19 goals (2nd in Liiga) and 27 points. I suspect the Rangers will sign him within the next few months (possibly before the end of this season, when his Liiga season is over).

Brendan Guhle – Brendan got 18 NHL games in this year. He started very well, but suffered an injury, and wasn’t as effective when he came back. The Ducks sent him down to the AHL to continue developing. With the Ducks likely out of the playoff race this year, I suspect they’ll let him brew down there until an injury hits, and/or they deal a D-man out at the deadline.

Gerald Mayhew – Gerald has been brewing in the AHL for a while, but has developed into a deadly goal-scorer at that level. He is leading the AHL in goals with 23, despite having a 7-game call-up with the Wild. Looks like his offense might translate too, as he scored twice in his NHL stint. I’m hoping he’ll be a regular roster player next season.

Tage Thompson – After tearing apart the AHL for a while now, and the Sabres missing many key forwards with injury, this would be the ideal time for Thompson to make an NHL impact. Problem is he got injured too – in his season debut on Nov. 17th. He was originally slated to return by now, but his recovery has gone slower than expected. He should be back soon though, and by all accounts he will have an opportunity with the Sabres when he’s ready.

Jeremy Lauzon – The Huskies’ captain and former Team Canada Junior key player is in his 3rd pro season. His offense hasn’t translated to pro, however his PPG has steadily increased, and his +/- is sitting at +15. He’s had a few call-ups with the Bruins since last year, but hasn’t stuck yet. Likely will be an NHL depth D-man in the future, maybe next season once Chara and/or Krug move on.

Brett Murray – Brett had a tough time in the NCAA, but last year went to the USHL and led the league in goals. This is his rookie-pro season, and he’s doing very well in the AHL, with 16 points in his first 29GP. He’s looking like the power-forward the Sabres hoped he’d become when they drafted him in 2016.

Joe Snively – The NCAA (ECAC) star has adapted very well to pro hockey, putting up steady offense with 2-way play at the end of last season and through his first full season in the AHL. He should earn at least a call-up with the Capitals at some point.