The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

So, which play-in teams are going to "accidentally" not post their playing roster? :lol:

I'll be making sure that teams all submit the best rosters they can or there will be consequences...

• Wat 1

8 minutes ago, Nail said:

I'll be making sure that teams all submit the best rosters they can or there will be consequences...

I don't own my pick so I am happy to field the best possible roster. If the team that owns my pick wants to trade it back too me tho! hit me up. I'd love to add a pick in this years draft.

The NJ Devils recently acquired an elite young forward. We are open to possibly moving him for a high pick in this years draft.

Arizona News:

- We are happy to keep 3rd overall but we're open to offers to move back. Likely won't move past 7th overall but if the offer is enough or includes a top prospect we may reconsider. 

Matt Duchene is available for cheap

- Other available names include: Travis Hamonic and Mikko Koskinen 

- We have lots of cap space available. We are already using our buyout slot, but we are open to taking on high salary deals (3 years or less). Expected compensation depends on player, looking for picks/prospects.

Edited by Gally

NJ has current picks #28 (NYR), #51 (BUF), #55 (EDM). 

Believe these may shift based off of playoff results if applicable. Looking to use these assets to possibly move up. 

Dylan Strome and other characters in NJs system are in play. Contact me if you wish to move down from the mid to high first range. Happy to talk a potential trade up. 

Edited by Rush17

1 minute ago, theminister said:

@Nail Do we have a general feeling when the trade and buyout windows will open?

Trade windows for teams will open up once they have been eliminated from playoff contention (7 eliminated teams could make trades now if they wish).

If you're talking about regular buyouts, we'll have a two week buyout window following the conclusion of the playoffs. If you're talking about the compliance buyouts, eliminated teams may begin to let me know who they plan to compliance buyout once the play-in round is over. Other teams will let me know once they are eliminated, at the same time they are allowed to trade.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Nail said:

Trade windows for teams will open up once they have been eliminated from playoff contention (7 eliminated teams could make trades now if they wish).

If you're talking about regular buyouts, we'll have a two week buyout window following the conclusion of the playoffs. If you're talking about the compliance buyouts, eliminated teams may begin to let me know who they plan to compliance buyout once the play-in round is over. Other teams will let me know once they are eliminated, at the same time they are allowed to trade.

Since Edmonton is going win the CDCFL Cup I guess I'll have to wait awhile.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Nail said:

Are the compliance buyouts a guarantee for FL, or do they only apply if the NHL allows teams to have one?

41 minutes ago, Nail said:

Let's chat FL!

• 2 weeks later...

Taking a peak at our unsigned 19 year olds, and wow, who the heck drafted these guys"? haha

Matthew Robertson

January 2020 – Matthew Robertson hasn’t taken a massive step forward in his offense through his draft+1 campaign, however, the Oil Kings blueliner has been one of the team’s most all-around valuable players in an effort that has them atop the WHL. While Robertson’s focus may have shifted from draft boosting production, the raw skills that make him a good NHL prospect remain on a healthy trajectory. A deep run into the WHL playoffs and possibly even the Memorial Cup could instill a deeper desire to win in the 18-year-old, who is likely still two or three years away from an NHL opportunity. Brayden Olafson

Nathan Legare

April 2020 –  Légaré had a bit of a setback season this year. Playing on a weaker team might have affected his play throughout the year. He was worst on the team in plus minus with a minus-24 rating and was one of the top players in the QMJHL leading in goals against. So it is hard to determine if he was struggling defensively or if it was just because he was on a weaker defensive team. On the upside, Légaré has proved he can work well on the power-play, having scored 14 power-play goals this season. He ended up finishing the year with 35 goals and 36 assists for 71 total points in 61 games played with the Baie-Comeau Drakkar. Clare McManus

February 2020 – The sniping winger has 27 goals and 30 assists in 51 games, better than a point per QMJHL game.

Shane Pinto

March 2020 – The NCHC announced their awards for the season with the COVID-19 virus forcing the cancellation of the rest of the college season and Pinto was named the NCHC Rookie of the Year. He had an impressive freshman season tallying 16 goals and 28 points in 33 games for the University of North Dakota. His selection came into question at the time of the draft last June but he has done more than enough to ease the worries of the Senators’ fanbase. Tony Ferrari

February 2020 – Pinto was on a nine-game point streak up until this past weekend

January 2020 – Shane Pinto was among the most impactful forwards for the Americans at the World Junior Championships.

Kaedan Korczak

March 2020 – Korczak has all the physical attributes to become a NHL defenseman, but it appears something is not clicking. He is a right-handed shot, who plays both sides. He is big, skates and moves well, but his decision making with and without the puck is suspect. He loses his coverage while defending the rush, often drifting towards the puck carrier while allowing the weak side forward to sneak behind him. Korczak has made some poor decisions with the puck, often throwing hope passes up the middle that are intercepted. He is counted on in all situations but his compete level needs to increase to warrant his usage. He just turned 19 in January, which gives the Vegas staff plenty of time to mold him into a NHL defenseman.  Danny McGillicuddy 

Adam Beckman

March 2020 – Beckman recently signed his ELC with the Wild after leading the entire WHL in scoring with 107 points in 2019-20. Minnesota’s third round selection in last year’s draft, Beckman’s offensive explosion this year suggests that there could be a future top-six winger laying in waiting. An intelligent sniper with a wicked release, Beckman was only two markers away from tallying 50 goals for the Spokane Chiefs and has significant upside as an NHL scorer. The 18-year-old is expected to return to Spokane for the 2020-21 season. Sam Happi

Robertson-numbers were just so so until you remember he is a Dman! 13g, 34a 47p in 60 games at 18 years old. 

Pinto-NCHC Rookie of the Year and most impactful forwards on the Yankee team WJC's

Beckman-led WHL in scoring with 107

Legare-35 goals and 36 assists on a bottom of the barrel team this year

If Korczak is my 'worst' unsigned prospect, sweet deal, I will take it!

Edited by Primal Optimist

FBCovers_BeTheThunder2.jpg.983258bb0b39b27f1baad64e15ffe493.jpg

2020 Summer Training Camp

FORWARDS (17)

Steven Stamkos, Chris Kreider, Pavel Buchnevich, Bo Horvat, Richard Panik, Jesper Fast, Travis Boyd, Conor Garland, Frank Vatrano, Barclay Goodrow, Karson Kuhlman, Joel Kiviranta, Par Lindholm, Mikael Hakkarainen, Nikita Pavlychev, Cameron Hebig, Adam Ruzicka

DEFENSE (9)

Ryan McDonagh, Erik Johnson, Ian Cole, Matthew Benning, Jamie Oleksiak, Teemu Kivihalme, Gavin Bayreuther, Brayden Pachal, Brennan Menell

GOALTENDERS (5)

Connor Hellebuyck, Igor Shesterkin, Landon Bow, Collin Delia, Artyon Zagidulin

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1