The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

We have a trade to announce...

To CAR - VGK 2020 4th Round Pick (109th overall), VAN 2020 4th Round Pick (110th overall)

To VGK - TOR 2020 4th Round Pick (116th overall), CAR 2021 3rd Round Pick*

Conditional: CAR 3rd is currently tied up in a conditional, if the conditional falls through, Vegas will receive the pick. If the previous conditional goes through, Carolina and Vegas will re-negotiate and find a suitable trade.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Nail said:

To CAR - Nazem Kadri

To NYI - Max Domi

Carolina welcomes Kadri! He is a playoff beast, signed to a reasonable contract, and doubles our Avalanche rep (w/Burakovsky).

With the signing of Hayes, and the acquisition of Kadri, it's getting more likely that Carolina will trade Barkov. In discussions with a few teams, hope to get something done while trade clauses are frozen.

34 minutes ago, Nail said:

To CAR - Nazem Kadri

To NYI - Max Domi

Love Kadri, and he was terrific for my team. But I just didn't have the necessary Avs rep to make a push for a deep playoff run. Domi, who I also love, is a better fit long term. Younger and may be a better fit.

Well, that was largely pointless lol

Surprised that Jacob Truscott was still available. Didn't think he'd be around by the 5th round pick.

Then Gally immediately contacted me to see if I wanted his pick right after I acquired the 119th, giving me two. Had a few names buzzing around, then Hlajav stood out after doing some research. Even though I'm set for goal forever, have to take best available. Hlajav is ranked 3rd best North American goalie, and is overage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nail said:

To ARZ - NJD 2020 5th Round Pick (132nd overall), NJD 2022 3rd Round Pick

To NJD - NYR 2020 4th Round Pick (122nd overall), ARZ 2020 5th Round Pick (127th overall)

Thanks @Gally for making this trade possible.

We had been eyeing Jacob Dion (Pick 122) for the better part of a round and a half. We saw him listed on only 2 professional scouting lists ranging between 90 and 120. We were ecstatic to move up and felt we couldn't risk letting him get picked ahead of us at 132. Dion is a smaller offensively minded defenseman  5'9" and 187 pounds in stature. He plays the game with a type courage you need to make plays at his size. The kahunas he plays with gives us hope that he may one day be able to translate at the NHL level. He reminds us quite a bit of Jared Spurgeon and a bit of Torey Krug who we assume is his idol given he wears #47.  PIcks at this point are definitely a shot in the dark but we are very excited to see if we can help Jacob develop his talents at the next level. He has the instincts, the heart, and the hands, we will only know in due time. This was Jacob's first year in the Q after spending the past 3 seasons in the QMAAA. We felt this being his first full year in the Q may also account for a bit of an adjustment for the young dman. 

Artur Akhtyamov (Pick 127) has been high on our draft board since early last month. We keyed in on him as an  potential starting goaltender at the NHL level. He has phenomenal athleticism, poise, and a well rounded goaltending game. He played 46 games in the MHL last season and has done very well.  So far this season he has posted good results in both the M and VHL leagues. He is definitely a project goaltender but we love the attributes and compete he brings.  All around a good goalie prospect that we are quite fond of. We look forward to watching his development this season in Bars Kazan of the VHL. 

Thanks again Gally for allowing me to trade up and secure one more pick in the draft!

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Thanks @Gally for making this trade possible.

We had been eyeing Jacob Dion (Pick 122) for the better part of a round and a half. We saw him listed on only 2 professional scouting lists ranging between 90 and 120. We were ecstatic to move up and felt we couldn't risk letting him get picked ahead of us at 132. Dion is a smaller offensively minded defenseman  5'9" and 187 pounds in stature. He plays the game with a type courage you need to make plays at his size. The kahunas he plays with gives us hope that he may one day be able to translate at the NHL level. He reminds us quite a bit of Jared Spurgeon and a bit of Torey Krug who we assume is his idol given he wears #47.  PIcks at this point are definitely a shot in the dark but we are very excited to see if we can help Jacob develop his talents at the next level. He has the instincts, the heart, and the hands, we will only know in due time. This was Jacob's first year in the Q after spending the past 3 seasons in the QMAAA. We felt this being his first full year in the Q may also account for a bit of an adjustment for the young dman. 

Artur Akhtyamov (Pick 127) has been high on our draft board since early last month. We keyed in on him as an  potential starting goaltender at the NHL level. He has phenomenal athleticism, poise, and a well rounded goaltending game. He played 46 games in the MHL last season and has done very well.  So far this season he has posted good results in both the M and VHL leagues. He is definitely a project goaltender but we love the attributes and compete he brings.  All around a good goalie prospect that we are quite fond of. We look forward to watching his development this season in Bars Kazan of the VHL. 

Thanks again Gally for allowing me to trade up and secure one more pick in the draft!

I was planning taking Dion with this coming pick. Nearly took him with my 119th. Hopefully he works out.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Monty said:

I was planning taking Dion with this coming pick. Nearly took him with my 119th. Hopefully he works out.

Yikes. That is why I was worried to stay at 132 Lol. Thanks for letting me know - my concern wasn't unfounded. :lol:

To all GM's asking about Hedman: he's been in several trade talks lately, and I have a really solid offer on the table. If you're still interested I'm more than willing to hear offers but it's likeky he's being moved. 

20 minutes ago, Jaku said:

To all GM's asking about Hedman: he's been in several trade talks lately, and I have a really solid offer on the table. If you're still interested I'm more than willing to hear offers but it's likeky he's being moved. 

Hedman, huh?

Shall I try and rock the ultimate "No Forwards" lineup?

Hedman - Doughty

Slavin - Dumba

Martinez - Andersson

Tanev

Holl

No, no I think I'm good.