Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

6 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To FLA - Zack Smith

To NYI - FLA 2021 5th Round Pick

@Master Mind

Thanks to @Shift-4 for the quick negotiations. This trade helps both of us, as I have players in the minors that need to be in the lineup consistently, while the Panthers needed to ice a full lineup, which Shift has quickly addressed.

As for me, I feel torn on this move. I recently brought in Zack Smith, hoping that he’d begin to procure with the Hawks at the rate he was accustomed to in Ottawa, as well as be on a competitive team IRL. However, with a number of my prospects surprising and pushing for roster spots sooner than expected. Because of this, I felt it fair to move a player to another. Good luck in Florida!

On another front, this move opened up another spot for another prospect signing, which will be announced soon.

—————

As for more trades, there is no time of the year when my club won’t make moves. Majority of my prospects are available. Below are the most notable players OTB. 

Shane Bowers

Serron Noel

Tye Felhaber

Egor Korshkov

Nathan Smith

Michal Teply

Alexander Khovanov

Scott Perunovich

Mattias Norlinder 

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

Prospects not OTB, due to recently being signed

Alexander Barabanov 

Carl-Johan Lerby

Ivan Prosvetov

Erik Kallgren

6 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

John Carlson is a beast. Leading the NHL in points, just the 3rd D-man with 18 points in his first 10 games -- joining Orr and Coffey!

Didn’t realize he was doing that well.

Also glad that Lars Eller has been benefiting from Carlson’s ridiculously terrific start.

• Cheers 1

Not going to lie?

In the top ten at the moment; it is a better position than I thought we would be in.  Key has been that Shattenkirk has resumed a normal role relative to his skills.  And great goaltending, effectively two starters in John Gibson & Mackenzie Blackwood.  

A few other players have added some depth. Janmark is playing better. We have a few points from signee's Joakim Nygaard & Jacub Lilja. And wowsers, some points from Michael Dal Colle? :wacko:  Who has been with our team since before I was GM.  

We have a backup, Tristan Jarry, in our minors, but backing up in real life.  So we will entertain offers on Gibson or Blackwood.  Expect to pay what would be required for either.  Blackwood & Gibson are two of the top 3 young goalies in the world at the moment. Asking formula a good young player, prospect & draft pick. Or more premium single or two piece payment to secure yourself a starting goalie! 

We are still young, and not flush with cap space.  So not entertaining any single veteran offers. Long term assets only! Nor will we jump unless someone meets the required price.  We will, however, jump as fast as someone puts a legitimate and exciting offer on the table.

Giddyup!

• Like 1

LATEST NEWS

OCT 22, 2:59 PM EDT

Vilardi (back) will take the ice in full equipment with the Kings' development staff this week, Jon Rosen of Fox Sports West reports.

ANALYSIS

Vilardi is still trying to recover from a back injury that he's been dealing with for over two years now. The fact that he's set to resume skating is obviously a positive development, but there's still no telling when he might be cleared for game action. If and when that happens, the 2017 first-round pick will almost certainly be sent to AHL Ontario for the entirety of the campaign, so it's safe to assume he won't have any fantasy value in 2019-20.

there is hope ....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, winterhawks said:

Activation

The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to activate Michal Kempný and place him on the active roster.

Your roster currently has 8 defencemen without including Kempny, so to activate him you will need to clear a roster spot for him.