The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

18 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Waivers Claim:  The Calgary Flames place a claim on Loui Eriksson 

@Nail

Certainly is worth a flyer at the cap hit in CFL, but to be honest, I thought he would clear. Pretty sure his goal and 7 fantasy points last night stay with me though as he doesn't finish waivers until 11:30 this morning.  Not sure of the CFL rule on that though? Doesn't really matter anyways...but I wish Loui all the best in his career from here on out, and thank him for the work he put in while in our jersey. 

22 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Waivers: The Vancouver Canucks waive Loui Eriksson to be assigned to the minor league affiliate.

Assignment: The Vancouver Canucks assign Denis Gurianov to the minors ( just overnight while the waivers happen, and then recall tomorrow morning will happen.)

Nate Thompson has room to play today! yay. 

Recall: The Vancouver Canucks recall Denis Gurianov from his overnight assignment at 11:47 am this morning, when the waiver period ends on Loui, just beating the cutoff 

Thank you

Rumours out of Columbus 

- Columbus has a log jam of defencemen and it appears that Tim Heed is the odd man out. He is rumoured to be available for a pick or prospect.

- The deadline for Miles Wood to sign with Columbus is midnight tonight and although Wood and the Blue Jackets are close to a deal, trade options have been discussed with a few teams.

- The Blue Jackets would like upgrade their top 4 defenceman but will have to be mindful of their cap going into next season.

12 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Certainly is worth a flyer at the cap hit in CFL, but to be honest, I thought he would clear. Pretty sure his goal and 7 fantasy points last night stay with me though as he doesn't finish waivers until 11:30 this morning.  Not sure of the CFL rule on that though? Doesn't really matter anyways...but I wish Loui all the best in his career from here on out, and thank him for the work he put in while in our jersey. 

When a player is placed on waivers here, the roster spot opens up automatically so you do not get Eriksson's pool points unfortunately.

11 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

why isnt pickup showing  the points from driedger's shutout?  @Nail

and is poganski not available in the pickup database? 

Seems to be two "Chris Driedger"s on Pickup. I swapped it to the other one so we'll see if the points show up tomorrow.

Poganski is not in the Pickup database yet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nail said:

When a player is placed on waivers here, the roster spot opens up automatically so you do not get Eriksson's pool points unfortunately.

Seems to be two "Chris Driedger"s on Pickup. I swapped it to the other one so we'll see if the points show up tomorrow.

okay .... when i checked live scoring last morning ..the points were there .

thats a bit weird :P 

7 hours ago, Nail said:

Waivers:

The Calgary Flames have claimed Loui Eriksson off of waivers from the Vancouver Canucks.

The Calgary Flames are in desperate need of NHL caliber forwards on good sub 1M contracts.  Did I just say Loui Eriksson was on a good contract?  Yikes.  Well at least in CDCFL he is.

Still have a 1st round pick burning a hole in my pocket that could be moved for a great young F (Maybe D) on an entry level deal. 

Edited by Kobayashi Maru

10 hours ago, Nail said:

It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of life, but for arguments sake (no need to reply or change, just explaining what I thought) I waived him 10 or 15 mins before noon, and it would have taken 24 hours on waivers in the real NHL before the team could send down the player if he wasn't picked off waivers. In this case he was, but even the claim was after noon cutoff. So with those two facts in evidence: shouldn't his points stay with the waiving club for the evening that he is on waivers, and if not for some unknown reason, how could his points go to a club who didn't have his rights until after the noon cutoff? 

I am getting good at litigation. 

:P

Anyways, those were rhetorical arguments: i get it and its cool. 

15 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of life, but for arguments sake (no need to reply or change, just explaining what I thought) I waived him 10 or 15 mins before noon, and it would have taken 24 hours on waivers in the real NHL before the team could send down the player if he wasn't picked off waivers. In this case he was, but even the claim was after noon cutoff. So with those two facts in evidence: shouldn't his points stay with the waiving club for the evening that he is on waivers, and if not for some unknown reason, how could his points go to a club who didn't have his rights until after the noon cutoff? 

I am getting good at litigation. 

:P

Anyways, those were rhetorical arguments: i get it and its cool. 

No team receives the pool points from Saturday night.

Calgary receives the pool points from last night.