The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

7 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Thanks for the great summary @Nail

Definitely too bad about the compliance buyout not quite getting there. I would be fine with future summaries not being anonymous.  

I would suggest overriding this one. :) If i was the league commissh lol. This would just be good for the overall health of the game. I can't see another time when this would be appropriate. Perhaps we could discuss permitting this after the expansion draft? So the expansion team still gets a good haul but it also buys out some inflated contracts. This would also give Seattle the possibility of signing more free agents to further bolster their system. 

food for thought.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Caboose said:

You made your salary cap bed now sleep in it!

Down with compliance buyout!

Exactly. Trades have been made due to those big contracts (whether paying to move them, or moving other players due to lack of cap space). Can't just go handing out freebies to everyone.

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

1. I'm fine with adding names. For the record I suggested instead of a compliance buyout, have the option to remove a NMC from a contract a previous GM signed.

2. 80% seems about right. Should have most people on board when it comes to making rule changes.

I imagine many will assume I left one of those comments about Fantrax, but can confirm I did not (despite it being infinitely superior, and not having to pay for a standard feature like live scoring ;) )

i also like that you can easily see which players are not signed in the league and still available .

for pickup/sheet leagues its allways annoying to search players ...specially if they are spelled wrong in the leagues 

• Cheers 2

Unfortunate some really interesting survey options won't be implemented. Maybe in the future tho! 

I hope we keep these in next years survey too. I think some of them could be very useful to evening out the playing field between seasoned GM's and newer GMs. Any good GM can work their way around some of the proposed changes. It just would require greater finesse and strategy. I am all for handicapping the pros (i include myself in that statement even tho I am a sophomore GM). We shall see what the future holds! 

I really liked the idea of:

Question 5: Should we bump up the ELC slide limit to 5 players instead of 3? This would allow teams to now have 5 players whose contracts will slide at the end of the year.

Question 8: Should we allow teams to hold the unsigned prospect rights to European and Collegiate prospects for 4 years as opposed to 2? This would prevent teams from using one of their 50 contract slots on players that aren't playing pro hockey in North America yet.

Question 9: Should we implement a rule stating that players can only be signed if they are under the property of an NHL team? This would prevent teams from loading up on acquiring European / College talent in hopes of them signing in the NHL.

Question 10: Should we implement a 2 year maximum in which salary can be retained? This would mean teams do not get hampered by long term retaining commitments, some in which were made by previous GMs who are no longer in the game.

Question 11: Should we allow all teams to receive one compliance buyout in the 2020 offseason? This buyout would allow teams to get out of any one contract prior to the Seattle expansion draft, and at the same time make our 2020 free agency pool a lot deeper. Note: If approved, the compliance buyout would need to be completed before the start of free agency.

I am thrilled we passed the waiver eligibility requirements and offer sheet compensation though. I feel that is a positive step moving forward.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Well I didn't exactly make the full bed.  Some of it was there when I arrived and I still have to remove some of the bed bugs.  My side of the bed is very nice though. ::D  

• Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

1. I'm fine with adding names. For the record I suggested instead of a compliance buyout, have the option to remove a NMC from a contract a previous GM signed.

That may be an interesting alternative.  Is that worth a discussion or is it a cased closed type situation.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Caboose said:

To be fair often the gm that makes it leaves the organization within a year or two. I think it's easier to just give out one per team once. It doesn't make sense to hand them out individually. Other teams could take advantage of their buyout. Get them to buyout a crap contract on their team then replace it one from a contender.

I think I brought it up in Puck but I will also throw it out as an alternative to compliance buyouts. Instead of a freebie, give the GM's one paid buyout in the form of draft picks based on term and salary. Sacrifice your picks this year (and next) if there is overlap and they are skipped at the draft.

I haven't thought about it too hard (shocker) but something that has a charge based on number of years remaining and another based on AAV.

1 or 2 years remaining - 4th round pick and:

• If AAV >$7M = 1st round pick
  • If AAV >$5M & <=$7M = 2nd round pick
  • If AAV >$3M & <=$5M = 3rd round pick
  • If AAV <=$3M = 4th round pick

If 3 to 5 years remaining - 2nd round pick and:

If more than 5 years remaining - 1st round pick and:

Not saying these would be the parameters but it eliminates a get out of jail free card. On my phone so formatting might suck.

• Cheers 1

If something got above 55%, it will be recycled and used next year.

As next year will be the expansion draft, we will potentially look at the idea of a complaince buyout or NMC removal or something along that lines.

• Cheers 2

Briefly,

Signing questionaire: I dont mind sharing my opinion with my name behind it any time, lol, but for this type of thing where the answers change policy, just note from a trained information analyst that removing anonymity will substantially change the data rwcieved. An option to sign it maybe okay but I would advise against named votes any time. 

80% threshold is slightly too high. 50% +1 is too low clearly but a lot of board votes and strata votes work on a 75% +1  threshold. And as you correctly applied, the abstainers aren't part of that math. If 30 votes would need 23 in favour to pass. 80% needs 24. So just  tick easier to pass.

I am fine with pickup! Although I wouldn't argue if we switched. I feel pickup is great for keeper leagues with minors and prospects.. our sheets and pickup system is good.

Blackhawks Roster Moves 

Assignment : The Chicago Blackhawks assign D Josh Jacobs to Rockford

Assignment : The Chicago Blackhawks assign F Gabriel Vilardi to Rockford

Assignment : The Chicago Blackhawks assign G Sammy Montembeault to Rockford

Recall: The Chicago Blackhawks recall F Jordan Kyrou from Rockford

Recall: The Chicago Blackhawks recall D Kevin Connauton from Rockford 

Recall: The Chicago Blackhawks recall G Chris Driedger from Rockford 

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone