The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Myers or Goalie Bob?

I'm leaning goalie Bob. lol. I don't like goalies making that much money.

Since the clauses will be removed for a temporary amount of time, I’d keep Bob and terminate Myers. Bob will get points. Myers is terrible.

Just now, Monty said:

Since the clauses will be removed for a temporary amount of time, I’d keep Bob and terminate Myers. Bob will get points. Myers is terrible.

Myers will be will be 37 when his deal ends. He's on a promising team but his NMC is stuck on until 2024. Bob will produce as you say and will be like 37-38 when his deal is done. That is pretty reasonable for a goalie imo. I am trying to rebuild my D core tho. :) is Myers the play? possibly. 

3 minutes ago, Nail said:

No, but I’m sure there’s a few teams who might be willing to pay you assets to use your buyout on their player...

This is something I’d be willing to do for a team.

4 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I would be willing to pay a good price for a buyout if permitted. 

Please clarify if that is a consideration. @Nail @Monty

Yes. If you want to trade a player for the other team to buy said player out, then yes, you can do that. Guessing this would be motivation if you have more than one player to buyout.

Correct, and to add to what Monty said, since all player clauses will be waived at the time, there will be no issues trading a player to a team in order for them to use the buyout on that player.

Sergei Bobrovsky may become available for a pick during the player waive window. A second round pick would be the starting bid. Would be open to a prospect or two as well.

Hit me up if interested. 

First 10 teams on the team sheet (Anaheim to Dallas) have been updated with expansion draft status, as well as a new alternating colour scheme on the rosters.

Please note I am using CapFriendly's expansion draft simulator to determine which players are exempt (https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle), and they may change their site at any time so I'll try to keep track. Additionally, since Vegas is exempt in the NHL, none of their players show up so for any Vegas prospects/players I have been trying to figure out manually if they are exempt or not. If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out!

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Nail said:

First 10 teams on the team sheet (Anaheim to Dallas) have been updated with expansion draft status, as well as a new alternating colour scheme on the rosters.

Please note I am using CapFriendly's expansion draft simulator to determine which players are exempt (https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle), and they may change their site at any time so I'll try to keep track. Additionally, since Vegas is exempt in the NHL, none of their players show up so for any Vegas prospects/players I have been trying to figure out manually if they are exempt or not. If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out!

Pretty sure Reilly Smith and Nate Schmidt are exempt... 

:bigblush:

• Haha 1

How Tyler Myers has exceeded expectations and fit in seamlessly on ...

The league announced this week that teams will receive a compliance buyout each this off-season. It is believed Tyler Myers would be the selection for the rebuilding Devils franchise. The team could also explore trade scenarios where they move out some of their other NMC contracts that could hinder the rebuild. The team is believed to be testing the market on Sergei Bobrovsky and Alternate Captain Max Pacioretty. The team has yet to confirm these rumours but there are reports the team has had discussion with a few teams already. Devils GM Rush17 believes moving on from the aging core may be what is best for the long term future of the franchise. The New Jersey franchise recently acquired younger assets in Travis Sanheim, Ryan Hartman, and a slightly longer in the tooth D-man Shayne Gostisbehere this past deadline.  The team could in theory keep these players for the rebuild and into the next generation of Devils. It is hard to say though if the team will have interested parties for star goaltender Bobrovsky or ALT captain Max Pacioretty. Acquiring a starting goaltender could be an intriguing prospect and it sounds like the team may be willing to let him go for a reasonable rate. It is exciting to have something to talk about during this pause to the 2019-20 season. The teams fans will be discussing these proposals for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 12:00 PM, Nail said:

Hey all! Just wanted to touch base with all, make sure everyone is still doing good!

I have a number of unsigned prospect offers still sitting in my inbox, I will be posting these shortly. There are also some re-signing offers, I will bump these to make sure the teams are still interested in re-signing their players and will be following through with those as well.

I have begun adding a column to our spreadsheets titled "Seattle". This column will show a Red sign if a player is to be exempt from the Seattle Expansion draft. Hopefully this will make it easier to begin planning your offseason, as we will be having our expansion draft in just over a year.

If I haven't heard from you recently, feel free to reach out on CDC or Discord so I know you're still here! We're still not sure when things will kick back up but we still need to be prepared to complete our 2020 Entry Draft at any time should the NHL make a decision for an early June draft.

Nail

P.S. I did say that teams will be receiving an additional benefit(s) because of the pandemic shutdown, as many teams are now implicated salary cap wise (with the cap not going up at all now) or asset wise (after trading for rentals). I can say with 90% confidence that I will be implementing the following 2 benefits once the league officially resumes:

1. All teams will receive one free compliance buyout, to be used before the start of 2020 Free Agency, whenever that is. This buyout can be used on any player, including a player with a NMC. Compliance buyout players will become unrestricted free agents this summer.

2. All NMC/NTC/LNTC will be waived for a certain time period following the conclusion of this season. This will allow for promoted trading as teams will look to adjust their rosters however after this period is over, all clauses will go back into effect.

My playoff roster would have been sick.

• Cheers 1

Even with a buyout, cap space in Carolina is going to be tight. So I'm open to the idea of moving Aleksander Barkov.

Also, on a smaller scale, Semyon Varlamov will likely be moved by the draft. A possible playoff starter with just one year remaining in his contract could fit nicely in some teams' cap structures. Have had discussions with a couple teams already.

New York Islanders will not be using a buyout, as we're in good space financially after moving Dustin Byfuglien prior to the deadline. Also made a trade that has yet to be announced that will bring in one (maybe two, I forget) possible cheap NHL players next season, so I'm good.

If you are a team that requires an additional buyout, again, hit me up. I am here for YOU!