The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boomer Goes OFF (Discussion )

Rate this topic

vannuck59

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

When they started hockey was still rough and tumble, enforcers still had a role ... dead puck era not exactly and easy time for anyone as hooking and grabbing and holding on was part of the game.  As a result they defended their selves to a certain degree - wonder how many slashing penalties they received over 1300 or so games?  

That said I get what your saying - but they were almost impossible to find a suitable 3rd player for their lineup.  Revolving door and then one year of Carter (why the heck didn’t we keep him anyways?) and eventually Burrows - no Ferland but a premier agitator nonetheless (ask P Sullivan the guy hates him so much it’s hilarious).   Yep Ferland would’ve been nice to have - no way Marchand would still have his teeth ... the Prust trade was worth it just to see his nards get the lumber.   

Benning definitely has taken notice - of his superstar player shriveling up after too much attention and abuse - Ferland knows he’s not going to keep his job for long on their wing if he doesn’t make it very difficult for opposing players to take advantage.  By the recent pics it looks like EP has hit the gym and doesn’t want to put up with it either.   Ten goals his first ten games 1.3 PPG two months in...playing with NG.  Wow just wow.   NG got all of 4 points once he was demoted (20ish games) and was a PPG at that point.   Ferland better be ready to punch the crap out of anyone who messes with him or fans (including me) will be seriously disappointed. 

The reason Carter left was the Canucks wanted a 1 year deal and he wanted more term. So he went to Columbus for the term and sucked balls cause they had no Sedins to play with. 

image.jpeg.276771bc5559b827aa12b61071de37c6.jpeg

So I heard this "Boomer guy" on the internet the other day, seems to not like the Canucks I tell you whut.

Image result for boomhauer

Man dang talking 'bout those dang Canucks and thier god dang fans be like dog gone 'Petey for M V dog gone P' man tell you whut man like a tree fallin in those dang ol' woods man when those gosh dam playoffs start.... aint nothing but dang ol' silence.  

image.jpeg.089f6edc5088d7f2566cf5da4f6c62a5.jpeg  

Must be nice to have fans, I wish I had a fan..... or anyone.  

image.jpeg.63e22953234dd24e31bb96e132613562.jpeg 

Bill the Canucks have fans because that team doesn't spend all day eating bon bons and whining about how lonely they are.  

:bigblush:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/2/2019 at 7:45 AM, vannuck59 said:

Boomer Gordon's comments on NHL Radio .

Recently NHL network radio ( Last Week), the Power Play they were doing power rankings and put us in the bottom 10 .Boomer when questioned about his ranking of the Canucks the next day stated that he basically had no use for the Canucks, Vancouver and their Fans . And believed the Canucks were poorly managed and had little or no direction. As far as he concerned Hockey stopped at Alberta border. Now thats eastern media bias ! Not shure on how to get the Podcast for the show maybe one of the listener's has a copy.

Tweet him at Boomer Gordon (@ThePointSXM)

lol what a turd burglar  , even the Vegas golden knights said we are a team to watch out for this year ,  craig button said we are a team on the rise  .  Ottawa and Minnesota  lol those teams have no direction and poorly managed ,   boomer is a good name for him boom there goes all the food   boom  every time he sits down  

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

When they started hockey was still rough and tumble, enforcers still had a role ... dead puck era not exactly and easy time for anyone as hooking and grabbing and holding on was part of the game.  As a result they defended their selves to a certain degree - wonder how many slashing penalties they received over 1300 or so games?  

That said I get what your saying - but they were almost impossible to find a suitable 3rd player for their lineup.  Revolving door and then one year of Carter (why the heck didn’t we keep him anyways?) and eventually Burrows - no Ferland but a premier agitator nonetheless (ask P Sullivan the guy hates him so much it’s hilarious).   Yep Ferland would’ve been nice to have - no way Marchand would still have his teeth ... the Prust trade was worth it just to see his nards get the lumber.   

Benning definitely has taken notice - of his superstar player shriveling up after too much attention and abuse - Ferland knows he’s not going to keep his job for long on their wing if he doesn’t make it very difficult for opposing players to take advantage.  By the recent pics it looks like EP has hit the gym and doesn’t want to put up with it either.   Ten goals his first ten games 1.3 PPG two months in...playing with NG.  Wow just wow.   NG got all of 4 points once he was demoted (20ish games) and was a PPG at that point.   Ferland better be ready to punch the crap out of anyone who messes with him or fans (including me) will be seriously disappointed. 

Well it'll happen and boy that man can hit hard, saw one of his fights where guy he was fighting was hunched over a bit and Fer went for a head shot but just before it connected the guy lifted his head but Fer's follow through hit the guy square in the chest HARD.. really hard and you could tell it hurt the guy, i should YouTube search it and post the link but I haven't seen a punch that hard since a K.O. by Jovocop

Anyway just Ferland's rep alone will scare off most guys going after Petey and no way would Ferland back down from anyone else who thought they would get away with it. that's what he's here for and he knows it.. 

So even if Ferland got injured, we could put out Myers and Benn.. either or.. Myers can kinda fight but relies on his reach but Benn can throw em fairly good and he can be nasty!  JT average fighter, maybe a shade better but he's not afraid to drop em either and add to that Train, if he comes back and I think he will.. safe to say our butter soft team is gone for the most part.. 

Finally!!!!!!!!! 

The only thing I'd have tried to do was over pay if necessary for Ferland a few years back and or Buffy.. 

Edited by iceman64

13 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Well it'll happen and boy that man can hit hard, saw one of his fights where guy he was fighting was hunched over a bit and Fer went for a head shot but just before it connected the guy lifted his head but Fer's follow through hit the guy square in the chest HARD.. really hard and you could tell it hurt the guy, i should YouTube search it and post the link but I haven't seen a punch that hard since a K.O. by Jovocop

Anyway just Ferland's rep alone will scare off guys going after Petey and no way would Ferland back down, that's what he's here for and he knows it.. 

I just hope Ferland picks his spots and situations. This team needs to adopt a "team toughness" attitude - pack mentality no more Mr Nice guy.  There is enough size and toughness on this team especially when Roussel is back.  You don't have to win em all but you gotta stand up for each other.  Teams will take notice.   

But when the situation dictates I hope Ferland does his best Gino impression.  Oh baby that place went nuts.

Edited by Borvat

1 minute ago, Borvat said:

I just hope Ferland picks his spots and situations. This team needs to adopt a "team toughness" attitude - pack mentality no more Mr Nice guy.  There is enough siaze and toughness especially when Roussel is back.  You don't have to win em all but you gotta stand up.   

But when the situation dictates I hope Ferland does his best Gino impression.  Oh baby that place went nuts.

Lol i remember that!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the grinder said:

lol what a turd burglar  , even the Vegas golden knights said we are a team to watch out for this year ,  craig button said we are a team on the rise  .  Ottawa and Minnesota  lol those teams have no direction and poorly managed ,   boomer is a good name for him boom there goes all the food   boom  every time he sits down  

When my kids were small we asked pee or boomer.  I have seen a lot of boomers in my day.  So boomer is appropriate. 

11 minutes ago, Borvat said:

I just hope Ferland picks his spots and situations. This team needs to adopt a "team toughness" attitude - pack mentality no more Mr Nice guy.  There is enough size and toughness on this team especially when Roussel is back.  You don't have to win em all but you gotta stand up for each other.  Teams will take notice.   

Ok found it but hard to copy and paste links on my phone but if you watch Ferland vs Bellemare at 1:27  you'll see what Ferland can really do.. picture a guys jaw after a punch like that..

• Cheers 1

I listen to Boomers show a lot at work on NHL Network. I like the guy. He's always disliked the Canucks though and it has shown when he voices his opinions. He is the typical Eastern media type that has not fully researched the facts on the Canucks. I've grown used to the fact that when he talks Canucks it's usually biased. Man would I love to see the Nucks hoist the cup in the next five years throw it in his face. The media is worse than ever.