The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSALS)) VAN-CBJ; VAN-EDM; VAN-COL; BOESER CONTRACT

To Vancouver:

C Alex Wennberg 

To Columbus:

LW Loui Eriksson 

Reason: Wennberg isn't fitting into Tortorella's system and needs a fresh start. Eriksson is more of a serviceable player for Columbus. No salary retained. Wennberg slots in as our 3C. He's more of a offensive player but Pettersson and Horvat's strong two-way play makes up for Wennberg. 

To Vancouver:

RW Jesse Puljujarvi 

C Kyle Broadziak 

To Edmonton:

LW Sven Baertschi 

VAN 3rd 2020 

Reason: I think Puljujarvi is a star in the making. Edmonton has a horrible player development program. We can send Broadziak to Utica where he can slot in as their 2C. Baertschi is good but we have a surplus of wingers like him and Puljujarvi is a potential star power forward who I would compare to Todd Bertuzzi. 

To Vancouver:

TOR 3rd 2020

To Colorado:

C Brandon Sutter

Reason: Colorado gets a good defensive player to take on some tough minutes for MacKinnon and Kadri. Tyson Jost can develop better as a winger for Sutter. Vancouver clears more cap space for Boeser

Vancouver Canucks sign RW Brock Boeser to a 8 year $60 Million contract($7.5 Million AAV) 

LINES

JT Miller-Elias Pettersson-Brock Boeser

Tanner Pearson-Bo Horvat-Jesse Puljujarvi 

Michael Ferland-Alex Wennberg-Jake Virtanen

Antoine Roussel-Jay Beagle-Josh Leivo 

Tyler Motte

Nikolay Goldobin 

Alex Edler-Troy Stecher 

Quinn Hughes-Tyler Myers

Jordie Benn-Chris Tanev

Jacob Markstrom 

Thatcher Demko 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

To Vancouver:

C Alex Wennberg 

To Columbus:

LW Loui Eriksson 

Reason: Wennberg isn't fitting into Tortorella's system and needs a fresh start. Eriksson is more of a serviceable player for Columbus. No salary retained. Wennberg slots in as our 3C. He's more of a offensive player but Pettersson and Horvat's strong two-way play makes up for Wennberg. 

To Vancouver:

RW Jesse Puljujarvi 

C Kyle Broadziak 

To Edmonton:

LW Sven Baertschi 

VAN 3rd 2020 

Reason: I think Puljujarvi is a star in the making. Edmonton has a horrible player development program. We can send Broadziak to Utica where he can slot in as their 2C. Baertschi is good but we have a surplus of wingers like him and Puljujarvi is a potential star power forward who I would compare to Todd Bertuzzi. 

To Vancouver:

TOR 3rd 2020

To Colorado:

C Brandon Sutter

Reason: Colorado gets a good defensive player to take on some tough minutes for MacKinnon and Kadri. Tyson Jost can develop better as a winger for Sutter. Vancouver clears more cap space for Boeser

Vancouver Canucks sign RW Brock Boeser to a 8 year $60 Million contract($7.5 Million AAV) 

LINES

JT Miller-Elias Pettersson-Brock Boeser

Tanner Pearson-Bo Horvat-Jesse Puljujarvi 

Michael Ferland-Alex Wennberg-Jake Virtanen

Antoine Roussel-Jay Beagle-Josh Leivo 

Tyler Motte

Nikolay Goldobin 

Alex Edler-Troy Stecher 

Quinn Hughes-Tyler Myers

Jordie Benn-Chris Tanev

Jacob Markstrom 

Thatcher Demko 

I'd go for that, but I doubt the other teams involved would.  Go Canucks Go!

34 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

To Vancouver:

C Alex Wennberg 

To Columbus:

LW Loui Eriksson 

I like this one, and it has the most likelihood but I think we'd have to add a pick and/or retain salary. 

9 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Keep in mind Wennberg is on a longer contract than Loui 

True, but he is younger and plays center. Had a very good year a couple back with  59 points.

I don't mind the idea but as Jimmy said, I think it would   take more, be it retained cap or whatever.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

True, but he is younger and plays center. Had a very good year a couple back with  59 points.

I don't mind the idea but as Jimmy said, I think it would   take more, be it retained cap or whatever.

Maybe a pick or a prospect or something? How about Goldobin? 

9 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Maybe a pick or a prospect or something? How about Goldobin? 

Columbus might want a center prospect instead, maybe Gaudette and Loui for Wennberg.

If the Canucks do end up with Wennberg they'll need to move Suter or Beagle.

Even Wennberg's contract is $1.1 cheaper than Eriksson's, has no clauses and no signing bonuses. Despite his performance, his contract is much less egregious. We have to retain on the first deal or add more.

I say no the second deal because I'm not sold on Puljujarvi and Baertschi is a proven low-end top six forward.

The third deal is the closest, but I don't think Sutter quite has that value yet. Maybe if he starts the year off strong. Either way, I'd rather keep him, because Gaudette is not NHL-ready. Given your other trades, we have options, but taking your trade on it's own, it leaves us with Gaudette as a 3 or 4C in the NHL.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Even Wennberg's contract is $1.1 cheaper than Eriksson's, has no clauses and no signing bonuses. Despite his performance, his contract is much less egregious. We have to retain on the first deal or add more.

I say no the second deal because I'm not sold on Puljujarvi and Baertschi is a proven low-end top six forward.

The third deal is the closest, but I don't think Sutter quite has that value yet. Maybe if he starts the year off strong. Either way, I'd rather keep him, because Gaudette is not NHL-ready. Given your other trades, we have options, but taking your trade on it's own, it leaves us with Gaudette as a 3 or 4C in the NHL.

Maybe retain 18.3% of Eriksson's salary to bring his cap hit down to $4.9 Million. We don't save any cap room but Wennberg is a much more promising player than Eriksson. If Wennberg turns his play around we could potentially trade him next summer for some futures. 

Puljujarvi is a star in the making who's being ruined by the Oilers terrible development staff. Obviously Ken Holland will be able to improve the Oilers development staff but Puljujarvi at this point needs a fresh start with a new organization. I think he would do really well on a line with Pearson and Horvat. 

I really think we need to do what we can to get rid of Sutter because he just isn't performing with our team 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

I don't think you realize what an albatross that Wennberg contract is bud 

If it’s so nasty why do we trade for him?  Loui is very likely going to retire, so he’d be completely off the books.  Could Wennberg help us though?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

Maybe retain 18.3% of Eriksson's salary to bring his cap hit down to $4.9 Million. We don't save any cap room but Wennberg is a much more promising player than Eriksson. If Wennberg turns his play around we could potentially trade him next summer for some futures. 

Puljujarvi is a star in the making who's being ruined by the Oilers terrible development staff. Obviously Ken Holland will be able to improve the Oilers development staff but Puljujarvi at this point needs a fresh start with a new organization. I think he would do really well on a line with Pearson and Horvat. 

I really think we need to do what we can to get rid of Sutter because he just isn't performing with our team 

Would you trade Jake for JP?  I know Jake is an NHL player, but couldn’t JP play on our third line with Sutter and Baer?  

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If it’s so nasty why do we trade for him?  Loui is very likely going to retire, so he’d be completely off the books.  Could Wennberg help us though?  

If Loui retires that would help us hugely for next offseason. I hope we trade for josh anderson would become available. Miller - Bo - Anderson, would be an absolute pain in the ass for opposition. I also hope we go after Reaves. 

Miller - Pete - Boeser 

Pearson - Bo - Anderson

Ferland - Gauds - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - Reaves 

The following year Podkolzin and Hoglander get inserted in the lineup. Good mix of skill, toughness and two way play. 

• Upvote 2