The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(discussion) show me your D

I'd quite like a relatively even distribution of ice-time like this:

Edler - Stecher (shown chemistry before, Stecher getting better and better, I think he'll have a quiet breakout season while everyone's watching Hughes)

Hughes - Myers (subject to change but Myers can protect Hughes, if Myers' defence is not good enough then swap him out)

Benn - Tanev (solid shutdown pair, Tanev is relatively less physical though so makes sense to pair him with Benn)

Fantenberg

Biega/Juolevi

I've got a feeling halfway through the season Hughes will be our top defenceman with Myers. Minutes-wise would be good to see  something like Edler (20 mins), Stecher (20 mins), Myers (22 mins), Hughes (18 mins), Benn (19 mins), Tanev (21 mins) over the course of the season.

Get Hughes, Stecher and Myers on the PP, get Edler, Benn, Tanev and Myers on the PK.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 4:05 PM, SILLY GOOSE said:

Lines.

Hughes Tanev

Edler Myers

Benn Stetcher

New Swedish kid

Biega

Also, any predictions for PP, PK, and any Utica surprises/call ups

Hughes and Tanev ain’t playing over Eddie and Myers as the top pairing.

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Fantenberg.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Myers and Stecher switch spots on regular occasions as well......just to see how it plays out.    

Similarity Up front, I wouldn’t mind seeing Ferland and Miller switch spots the odd time as well.

Based on the two games I’ve seen so far, I’m wondering if it would be better to see the flashy Myers with the steady Benn. 

Edler gets paired again with Stecher.    

Edler-Stecher

Benn-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

As Hughes continues to grow his game, you could then move the Hughes-Tanev tandem to a higher pairing.

Eriksson-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen

Ferland-Gaudette-Miller

Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Edler-Stecher

Benn-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

1) Eriksson has chemistry with Pettersson at the World’s and can perhaps be the defensive conscience of that first line.

2) Virtanen’s physical game could match well with Horvat’s and Pearson’s (although I do admit that Horvat and Pearson are better suited to having a playmaker on that right side).   Still - if Virtanen can match Horvat’s work ethic on that line (monkey see monkey do), then that line could turn into something.

3) Gaudette gets strong linemates.

Overall net result = balanced attack.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Everyone needs to take a chill pill, after 10 games then we can valuate this team. Any comments on coaching changes and roster changes should be toned down till then.  Relax hockey is back enjoy

Are we discussing how many games Green gets if we keep struggling to win? I’d say you’re close at 10, but was thinking 20?