The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Goldobin, 1 year/900k

HerrDrFunk

• -AJ- featured this topic
15 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

NEWS | Jim Benning

Excellent, excellent to hear! People are going on and on about the whole 2-way player thing - which was an issue - but JB just addressed the real need. Goldy needs to put the puck in the net more often and not miss oppirtunities.

Last season he missed and whiffed on a lot of scoring chances. I remember him missing at least two open net chances he should have buried. Now Green needs to put him in the best situation to meet those expectations.

• Upvote 3

I like this signing!! He totally deserves it considering his PPG vs. Kempe at LA and he's only getting half of Kempe's $ per year!

Let's hope he gets more mature and shows his offensive game more consistently!! JB should try to trade away a couple forwards to fit Boeser's new contract ASAP!!!

4 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

So capfriendly shows them at 4.16 with a 25 man roster. So cut two, assuming they’re both contracts equal to or bigger than 1.025, and we’re at 6.21. Where does Boeser fit in?

or is there some CBA stuff I’m not getting here. @mll, @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME?

Either they cut one more (likely a Dman), go down to 22 players, giving us $7million plus for adding Boeser, forming a 23 man roster (22 active, 13F/7D/2G, plus Roussel, who would go on IR, but still count against cap).

Or they LTIR Roussel, paper guys around to max the cap relief, and have around $9 million to play with for Boeser, with a 23 man active roster, Roussel on LTIR (24th player but on LTIR).

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1